It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Struggling to start
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi all. Ok I am at 18 hours sans oxy. I certainly feel the lack of oxy. Runny nose. Body aches some runny eyes. Skin crawlies and all that good garbage we choose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi mkintexas,

It sounds like you're getting pretty close to induction time. Did you score yourself on the COWS yet?

If you're nervous about your first dose, you could start with 1mg or so, that's usually not enough to precipitate wd. If you take 1mg and don't feel worse after an hour, you could try 2mg next and go from there.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Have scored. Trying to be honest and not over compensate. It is hard to score though. A few minutes ago I was blowing my nose like crazy. Now it is dry. I dealy with this last time. Symptoms would come and go. Never all there at once. Except the "whole body sunburn". That stayed and is here now.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there MK!

What is your Cows score right now? And remember to not take ANYTHING that would make you feel better as that will defeat the purpose. Please let us know what your score is at this time?
Karen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Looks like 12. Just called my sub doc to schedule follow up. Induction for them was a script for you to take. Now that induction is imminent I am trying to schedule a follow up (only have 8 strips). He is going on vacations starting Tuesday. Won't be back until the 30th. This I didn't expect. How can I star sub but not be able to get more?!?! I have a message in to see what my options are.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmmm, that is a conundrum. Maybe he can leave the script for your refill at the office for the nurse to give you. I don't know for sure, but I think he could do that. If not, then maybe he can get you in to see him before he leaves and post date a script. I'm sure he can work something out for you.

Good job MK!!!! Don't let that little hiccup stop you! You are well over half way there, just keep that PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and be happy that you will NEVER have to go through this hell again!!!! That's what kept me going when I was enduring the WD for my induction. Pamper yourself, take a hot bath, watch a good movie or listen to some tunes and chill for the afternoon. Try to eat a little something even though you don't feel like it. It will make a difference when you finally take the subs to have something in your stomach. Try some gatorade to keep yourself hydrated.

Keep us updated on your progress throughout the day. Sometimes it helps just to vent and have someone hear you out. This is one time when bitching an whining won't be looked down on!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Actually I am at work. I may have to go home early. This garbage gets worse each passing hour. I thought about taking a tiny tester amount of sub. I figure if I feel a TINY bit better then it would be safe. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taking a tiny amount of suboxone to introduce into your system is the best way to do it. Hold out as long as you can and go from there. I'd go home if I were you, it's just better that way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mkintexas wrote:
Looks like 12. Just called my sub doc to schedule follow up. Induction for them was a script for you to take. Now that induction is imminent I am trying to schedule a follow up (only have 8 strips). He is going on vacations starting Tuesday. Won't be back until the 30th. This I didn't expect. How can I star sub but not be able to get more?!?! I have a message in to see what my options are.

Yup, good job MK! Hang in there ok, I know how much it stinks to have to go through this, been there, done that more than once too! A score of 12 is well over half way as QHorsegal says, not much longer and you will be good to go!

It may be a problem with having enough subs, and it may not? I'm assuming you have the 8mg film strips and if you have the 2mg ones let us know. If you can induct on a low enough dose those 8 strips may get you through until the doctor gets back? If they are 8mg then you have 64mg total right now. If you can induct on for example 4mg or LESS, you will have enough subs until the doctor returns!

4mg per day = 16 days worth you now have...
6mg per day = 10.5 days worth you now have...

I'm not sure 4mg will be enough, but it may be? Like Q says, maybe the doctor can post-date a script for you and leave it with the nurse? That would be great!

If you can begin your induction taking 1mg doses every hour until stable you may get lucky and have 4mg stabilize you. If not then you may need to do something different.

Hang in there ok MK! Doing great! What is your current score?

Karen xoxo

P.S. Usually when the Cows score gets to about 10-12 or so it goes faster then. Keep holding on and wait as long as you possibly can. The longer you can hold out the better in my opinion based on experience.

Last edited by Brown Eyed Girl on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I may have to. I just had to come out to my car due to a rush of remorse. I keep visualizing getting my daughter and her smiling and reaching for me this morning and now I am in the car bawling because of what I have robbed her of. Fortunately I still have her, wife, job, house and money. But I still feel like a schmuck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hold on MK....it's going to be ok my friend! You are almost there it sounds like! Yes it truly sucks, but sooo worth it in the end once you get that first and second dose of sub in you! Things turn quickly at that point and you will be feeling so much better I promise!
Karen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doctor would be negligible to not prescribe you enough suboxone until he is back. If I were you, knowing that he leaves on tuesday, I would not ease up on his office. It's common sense. You're a new patient dependent on medication they prescribe you. They are responsible for you to have enough between visits. If they cannot see you again by tuesday, tell them to call in a portion of subs to hold you over until they can accommodate a follow up. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes you have to call several times so they know you're serious about being taken care of.

Good luck.. but this seems like a no brainer to me. I've had some real douchebag doctors but never one that would leave me without my medication.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

In all fairness I have struggled with starting on sub. So they didn't have any way of knowing that I would finally get off my butt. Bad timing I guess. So not completely on their side. I was supposed to go back last week but didn't because I didn't induce. Most of this is on me. But, hat in hand, I am hoping they understand.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mkintexas wrote:
I may have to. I just had to come out to my car due to a rush of remorse. I keep visualizing getting my daughter and her smiling and reaching for me this morning and now I am in the car bawling because of what I have robbed her of. Fortunately I still have her, wife, job, house and money. But I still feel like a schmuck.

Oh I KNOW this emotion. Like the back of my hand. Looking at my baby girls in the middle of a withdrawal feeling so sorry for them. Why can't they have a normal happy childhood? Why am I the worst mother in the world to the sweetest little girls in the world? They are so pure, so innocent and they only want their family . They don't deserve me. . . sound familiar? It is unbearable. While you may not understand right now, when you start to feel better (after induction), things are a little more clearer. You'll know that you have already taken a real step to making yourself better for yourself and your little girl. In fact, you will actually. . . drum roll please. . . be proud of yourself.

ok? Hang in there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mike, don't get down on yourself. What you are doing right now is hard as hell, and you are doing it because you love your family. You want to be a good father and husband and you are doing what it takes to get yourself there. IMO, the guilt that you feel shows just how great of a Dad you are! If you were a lowsy father you wouldn't give a crap what you were doing to your baby girl!

As for the doctor. Tiny is right, even though the timing is off your doc still has the responsibility to make sure you get your medication. I would ring his phone of the hook every 30 minutes until you get an answer, TODAY! Don't let them put you off until Monday when things are crazy and he doesn't have time to deal with it! Don't feel bad about it either. If you are respectful about it, then you are doing nothing wrong.

Keep posting dude, it helps!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Doc called. There is a refill on my file if I need it. So I guess I am set. Hr said some people go 30-36 hours before dose 1. Not sure how they manage that. I am at 22 hours and don't feel like a million bucks. That's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great news about the doc calling!!!

Keep fighting MK! You can do this. You should be getting real close to being ready? Can you tell us your score on the Cows if your still using it?

Please try to hold out as long as possible. When your ready and begin taking sub you are going to be feeling so much better! Hang in there guy....not much longer now!

Karen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I don't know about cows. Last time I ct'd for 70 hours I am not sure i would have reached 26 that time. I am probably a 16 right now. Skin feel really hot. Almost burning. Pulse is pretty high

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great that you have a refill waiting, phew!!

Keep hanging in there, it's not that far away now.

Have you considered taking a small dose to see how you react?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:55 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Romeo wrote:
That's great that you have a refill waiting, phew!!

Keep hanging in there, it's not that far away now.

Have you considered taking a small dose to see how you react?

Thought about it, but nervous about precip WD.