It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so last year when i was still on heroin i had a suboxone film. 18 hours after using the heroin my eyes were stil pinned even though i had been using for years with a high tolerance (the dope in philly is exttra potent). i had no more money and was at work. the euphoria was gone and i wanted to feel something and feel it fast. so i put half of my suboxone in a water bottle ccap, disolved it, and snorted it. 8 minutes later i started feeling, everrrrything. everythiung got loud, i was really sensitive, and my pupils got HUGGE. So i freaked out and began googling what to do. i snorted the other half of suboxone and left work. within 45 minutes of snorting the first sub, my pupils constrticted and i got high as fuck. euphoria from the sub hit hard. i was rocked..

i hear people say to wait 24 hours if u go into precip with.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't think of a reason for your experience from buprenorphine. If your tolerance is truly very high, then buprenorphine is simply not able to provide euphoria, as the most stimulation it can cause is capped at a dose significantly lower than, say, a half gram of heroin.

I'm wondering if you snort heroin? if so, I suspect that the 'high' you got was from the heroin dried in your nasal passages. People who snort drugs eventually learn that if they snort water (or saline solution) at the end of the night, they will release significant cocaine and or heroin into solution, allowing absorption. I suspect that the heroin freed up by the liquid, in your case, was enough to overcome the block from buprenorphine.

I could be wrong, but I don't know how else to explain what you described. One very cautious note-- because of this phenomenon, it is NOT wise to snort liquid at the end of the night. Doing so can free up a fatal dose of opioid that strikes in your sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

no i shoot heroin. half a gram is about 50 dollars where i come from. suboxone would still get me high even with an IV heroin habit, just not as rocked. suboxone doesnt get me high anymore i just get a mild opiate buzz

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Seeker11, so are you still messing around with dope now? I see that you told the Doc that you shoot heroin. Do you mean that you 'used' to shoot heroin and now use Suboxone? And do you use subs for a buzz or to treat your opioid dependence?

Everyone I know that has used Suboxone while on heroin certainly never got a real buzz from it. If anything it just helped them get over the WD's right away. And just so you know, there's no judgment intended here. I'm just curious about your situation.

Personally, I'm thankful that I don't get a buzz or a mild high from buprenorphine. It would probably send me right back my life of addiction. I don't know where you're at in your life, but if you are still chasing after a high, even a mild one, please be careful.

I lost complete control of my life on opiates and I can't ever go back... I just can't. I don't think I would survive it. That's why this medicine is so important to me right now. It gives me the freedom to repair the parts of my life that need repairing. My self respect, relationships, trust, my health and my sanity, all of it.

I hope you're in a good place with your life and sobriety. And if you're not quite ready for sobriety, I hope you'll learn from the kind people around here. There's even a whole section titled "Still Messing Around" where people can have a safe place to be open about where they are at. And like I said, there's no pressure. Just know that it feels awesome having control over this disease that nearly took my life. Peace!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:10 am 

If someone has a heroin habit, how on earth could they feel anything from buprenorphine? I don't feel anything from buprenorphine and I never have. I'd been without oxycodone for 32 hours before I induced on buprenorphine and still felt nothing. And my tolerance was pretty high on the oxycodone 30's. I may have felt a tiny bit of energy because I'd been in agony for 32 hours, but no buzz or high. So how could someone with a heroin tolerance get 'high as ****'?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hope not offending anyone, but sometimes I get a sneaky feeling mister steeker is pulling our collective leg.

Today, there's a thread about his eyes crossing on subs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, I deleted an earlier post of mine bc thought I'd give this a chance. But some things described here are not neurochemically possible w buprenorphine.

With no to low tolerance folks, buprenorphine has had side effect reports of blurry vision and double vision, but no cross eye. Active addiction using/abusing drug forums report folks w the 'ol pirate eye' where after a full on high hit of H, one eye becomes lazy and doesn't symetrically track w the other. They refer to this as cross eyed but is really a lazy eye. Hate to even describe all this here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, it's always a tough call. Even if something sound ridiculous, or impossible even, you never know
for sure. People can have all sorts of psychosomatic issues.

But there's a point where the weight of collective evidence seems pretty persuasive.

If I'm wrong, I'll certainly apologize

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Pelican wrote:
I agree, I deleted an earlier post of mine bc thought I'd give this a chance. But some things described here are not neurochemically possible w buprenorphine.

With no to low tolerance folks, buprenorphine has had side effect reports of blurry vision and double vision, but no cross eye.

Pelican this is happening to me during my morning dose. A little back story, I was on opiates for 7 1/2 years for a botched hysterectomy. I was dope sick every day because I never took more than was prescribed & I wanted out. I inducted at 16 mg (8 mg x 2 per day) on 4/14/17. Within a month that dose was too high so I slowly reduced to 14, 12, 10, 8 & then 5 over a month or so. Only had a problem from 8 to 6 then that was okay so I went to 5 mg & was fine.

Then my body was telling me that this was too much again. I dropped to 4.5 & have had problems ever since. For convenience I was dosing 4 in AM & .5 in PM. WD ensued. So I changed to 3.5 AM & 1 PM. I'm experiencing severe blurry vision & double vision AM. Also, last night it was like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Very scary. I went to bed & felt fine (thank goodness).

I certainly don't want to go down anymore now, but I'm wondering if I should go back up to 5 where I was feeling fine? I seem to be having effects of "too much Bupe" & WD's too. Eek.

Any help is appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey DeeKay,

You need to call your Dr! Your regular care Dr and your bup Dr.

Imo, the heavy weight on your chest can be a sign of angina or cardiac chest pain. In females, cardiac chest pain is often atypical, meaning not the usual expected symptoms. altho I consider an elephant's weight possibly be a typical sign. Blurry and double vision can also be symptoms of heart disease.

Imo, its not related to your slight .5 mg drop in bup dose.

What does it mean when you say your body tells you to drop your dose. And yet you go into WDs?

IDK what's going on but -- YOU need to call your Dr. Go in to ER if you have these again to see if they can catch what's going on. Women are the worst to hesitate and don't go in when you really should.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much for your quick response dear Pelican!

I have been monitoring my symptoms from the website (I carry this page with me at all times):

http://www.helpmegetoffdrugs.com/index

It has a page that states:

1. Too high of a dose: lethargy, a medicated feeling ( described as " cloudy" "foggy" or " slow"), tiredness, nausea, constricted pupils in low light, a general unmotivated feeling, unjustified feeling of contentment, dehydration (indicated by dark urine)

2. Too low of a dose: sweating, chills, goose bumps, dilated pupils in normal light, diarrhea, cramps, insomnia, nausea, anxiety, depression, dehydration, cravings

I would drop my dose when I had symptoms from #1 above. I could just feel it.

When I went from 8 to 6 I had symptoms from #2 but held strong & all was well.

I've always had heart palpitations from a very young age. I would just pop an aspirin, elevate my legs and all would return to normal. I even wore a heart monitor for 24 hours many years ago and all was well with my heart. My BP is excellent at every doctor's appointment each month. I also get an EKG once a year. I DO have heart disease in my family.

So you really seem to think this could be very serious? I know women's heart disease symptoms are so different from men's!

Now that you mention it, it does seem silly that this has happened from a drop of .5! Sometimes when you're experiencing these things you can't see the forest for the trees...

Thank you again for your advice. I will monitor myself carefully and if it happens again I will react ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Dee,

ya, a .5 mg drop in bup is not causing your blurred and doubIe vision. I quickly pulled this off a Cardiology website:

"Some heart attacks occur suddenly and intensely. Others may start out slowly. Cardiovascular symptoms that require immediate emergency medical attention include chest pain, shortness of breath, pain or numbness in your arms or legs, confusion, loss of consciousness, and blurred vision.

A heart attack can cause chest pain, pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain that lasts for more than a few minutes. The chest discomfort may come and go. It may feel like you have bad indigestion, a tight band around your chest, or that “an elephant is sitting on your chest.” You may experience pain that radiates to your jaws, neck, shoulder, teeth, arms, back, or abdomen. You may have blurred or double vision. A heart attack can cause shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, nausea, and a cold sweat.

Women and men may experience different symptoms of a heart attack. For both men and women, chest discomfort is the most common symptom of a heart attack. However, women are more likely than men to experience back or jaw pain, overwhelming fatigue, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and shortness of breath."

IDK, maybe some of your WD symptoms (fatigue, sweats, nausea, etc) are actually cardiac insufficiency symptoms.

I'm taking it seriously and for sure you should too. If you were my Mom or sister or friend, I'd insist on you getting a workup. My friend died from heart disease with prior Dr appts showing normal.

PS maybe the mods can break off this last part related to Dee and start a new thread on elephant chest and blurry eyes or something..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Dee - I've also been experiencing some blurry vision ever since I started buprenorphine. I tried to talk about it with my new primary care physician last week, but we ran out of time. I spend a lot of time in front of a 27" computer screen and I know for sure this is real. It's been affecting my productivity. So I now wear my glasses all the time while on the computer, something I didn't do as often before.

I would like to echo Pelican's sentiments also... Please, please make sure you listen to your body and act appropriately. I don't know what it is about me and knowing people that have put medical treatment on the back burner, only to later suffer a health crisis that could've otherwise been avoided. But it keeps happening to people I care about.

I don't mean to sound overly sentimental but it would really sting to hear about something bad happening to you. We both started around the same time and have been feeling some similar symptoms. There is a kind of kinship between us and I just want you to be safe. End of lecture :D

As for Seeker11, something just didn't sit right with me when I posted my first reply. But I feel that everyone should be given the chance to open up about their own personal experience without too much judgement. I figure that most of the people that are coming to this forum have had their lives negatively impacted by opiates... I know what it feels like to hurt inside and not have anyone to talk to.

Last edited by OpenMind on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds pretty normal for a precipitated withdrawal experience if you've been using heroin but had a small break. The PW effects for me would wear off over 30-45 mins then I'd start to feel a bit stoned from the buprenorphine. Perhaps it's from the naloxone. Mind you this is what I experienced from the couple of times I took Sub IV when I was in active addiction, so the naloxone was very much active.

Why so interested in the active addiction talk?