It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought about the controversy (being anecdotal) of posting this and am not recommending that anyone do this, however, something called kambo (aka sapo) absolutely 100% stopped my PAWS dead in it's tracks. I mean I could only sleep a few hours rolling around in sweat each night up until I did this on Friday. The last two nights I have gotten 7 hours of gentle sleep and feel like a million bucks. I am going to NA meetings and am CLEAN from everything.

Anyway, the NADA has a guide for auricular acupuncture for opiate detox/paws. I used kambo on those points and my whole world has changed. A man by the name of Giovanni Lattanzi is pioneering this and has treated people like me with success; I however self-applied the medicine (that some call a poison, although it hasn't harmed anyone). Kambo Healing on Facebook would bring you into contact with Giovanni. I also have his email. You can PM me if you want. Heck, I will give you my phone number and share every detail with you. I know the brutality of PAWS and can't stand the suffering of myself or others. It can go on for sooo long. Mine is dead in it's tracks after 40 some days. I was abusing benzos up until Friday (120mg klonopin over 10 days)....also dead in it's tracks.

Either way, here is my experience (and you can find my history on this forum and as lightswitchedon on the eboka and kambo forums, I am not here to advocate ibogaine or anything, this is just my kambo healing experience):

http://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=103 ... een#msg396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and thanks for the info. I've never heard of Kambo, is it related to Ibogaine?

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The kambo is similar to acupuncture and does nothing for suboxone withdrawals or PAWS.

The iboga has shown not to make an impact for suboxone users and many methadone users too. The bup ingredient is just too much to break up during the flood dose, this is why people feel its a waste of money and a risk to your health. The risk is real as the post iboga depression is becoming a major concern in recent months.

When people who claim are off the suboxone and then esquire about certain issues are actually still on the suboxone or going through withdrawals and PAWS. If a person claims they are off the suboxone for a considerable while then it really does not add up why they are interested in such issues. Research shows people who claim to be off the suboxone and doing well are actually in the opposite scenario.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hessler said, "Research shows people who claim to be off the suboxone and doing well are actually in the opposite scenario."

Ummm, you tooling around the internet looking for whacky stories that support your warped view of Suboxone do not count as "research."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Hessler said, "Research shows people who claim to be off the suboxone and doing well are actually in the opposite scenario."

Ummm, you tooling around the internet looking for whacky stories that support your warped view of Suboxone do not count as "research."

LOL ROFL LMAO! So true!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:

HAHAHA! That is funny.

Who are these people? Who is becoming concerned? Where is this research and who is doing it? Hessler, anyone can come up with an opinion and find anecdotal evidence to support it. It proves nothing, other than an inability to think critically.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

would some one keep this shit off the forum? its giving me mood swings :twisted: :lol:

Post subject: Interesting Responses
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Funny, I was just saying what had worked for me. Kambo has nothing to do with acupunture. It is a substance that can be applied in many ways and I chose to use points on the ear for application, the same points that are considered the NADA approach to treating heroin addiction with basic acupuncture.

I was on 400mg methadone a day (getting off the street) before switching to 32mgs sub. Went through nasty precipitated withdrawal and finally felt decent after 4 or 5 days. I stayed on sub and tapered from 32 down to about .625 over 3.5 years. I switched to poppy pods for the last month (June 2012) and tried the iboga thing....epic failure. I went into horrible acute withdrawals and covered it up with benzos and good cannabis for a month. I then tried kratom for a week before doing the kambo on the ears. I had used kambo (which has nothing to do with iboga) before, but never on the ears. I felt instant relief that did not last and ended up taking benzos again. I did this for a week and just stopped the benzos. Most of the pain after that was benzo withdrawal from the high doses I had taken over the previous six weeks. It has now been 20 days clean and the first week was tough. I am now going to a lot of meetings, back at work and have a good support network. I have been feeling absolutely fine for the past 12 days or so....no issues other than less sleep than desired and some anxiety at work that is tolerable.

I am out of the woods. Sorry for offending people, but for me this life without substances feels great and I am grateful and happy. Emotions are coming back and I can cry easily and get moments of great joy which I did not have on sub. There is life after suboxone and I would never go back on it as I felt imprisoned.

Everybody's experience is different. I have been a help and inspiration to people around NA who are on sub. I don't tell them to get off of it and if they ask how, I refer them to this forum. There seem to be some good people here, but there are also straight up angry idiots that get pissed off when someone says that life without sub can be better than on it. I don't think I am the only one who feels that way.

I just hope my experience can be used to help others.

PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:33 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks Light (I mean BB :wink: ) for posting this over here. Bottom line is we need as many options as possible to help us better tolerate the departure from Sub. People can do due dilegence before making their own decisions. Me personally, Life will fall apart if I have to endure pain and lathargy for months after jumping and you know I am in the midst of putting together a plan and tappering so more amo is a good thing. God put poppys on this earth to deal with pain and knew some of us would end up having a problem with it. seems silly to think he didnt put things here to help get us outta the hole.

Post subject: Update on this....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Although the Kambo has helped with PAWS, it is always short-lived, almost like a short boost of energy with an opiate effect. I guess the frog venom contains opioid peptides...it would make sense that it would help, however I now know the only true healer is time. I am still highly in favor of Kambo as a whole, although most people have no idea what it is and once they get an idea they have no clue why someone would be crazy enough to do it....but it has benefits and many of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kammmmbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The venom of the sapo frog contains dermorphin, a known opioid that is rather potent. While it is theorized to be less addictive, it is an opioid nonetheless. Therefore it makes sense that taking this drug would get rid of your PAWS symptoms, but many of us are not looking for that kind of help. Of course taking more drugs will get rid of our PAWS, but drugs got us here in the first place. I'm not willing to take new drugs to try to get rid of what the old drugs gave me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bortmackie wrote:
I'm not willing to take new drugs to try to get rid of what the old drugs gave me...

Which means that you must be highly opposed to suboxone, unless I misunderstand.

By the way, I do not suggest that anyone go out and try kambo. I made the original post in haste during a very turbulent time. This thread might as well be removed. Time and total abstinence and a lot of 12-step involvement have been working quite well for me. That's just me though, I don't know what others need to do.

I've been clean a few months and my thinking is starting to clear up a bit :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So in hindsight are you saying the Kambo didn't help at all? Or is it just that the effects are short lived? I'm asking because PAWS is kind of a test of endurance, and sometimes just being able to get a break from that feeling might be enough to avert a relapse for some people.