It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my story
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

so here is my story...i am 29 years old and a divorced father of two. my pill addiction started in high school when i had my hand operated on a few times. i got a couple bottles of vicodin 10s and this happened when i was 16. when i was 18 i started having teeth problems so i started on those bottles of pills i got from a couple years earlier and pretty soon every night i got home from work i would take one and it made me feel great. well alot of years past and off and on i would take painkillers but never was addicted and then came 3 years ago. at my work alot of people dealt in pills so i would buy one and take it here and there. they always made me feel good and i loved the euphoria. then me and my girlfriend broke up and i couldnt handle it so i took painkillers to make me feel better not knowing the hell i was stepping into. before i knew it i was taking between 15 and 20 hydro tens a day at the most i may have took 25 once or twice. i ended up getting so stressed out about being on pills i broke out in hives im not sure if it was the tylenol or what but i quit and i was clean for 5 months. then for some reason i picked them back up i said to myself its ok i can just take one i can control it every addict has had that very same thought. i ended up getting back up to my old usage and then after about a year i quit again this time for nine months but paws ended up being a bitch and this last november i picked the pills back up. after a few months on the pills i decided i should by suboxone from my friend and take it a few months since he told me it wasnt addicting since that was what his doc told him. well then i found this site and realized i had to stop now and never looked back. i am 2 weeks clean and i will never take another opiate for the rest of my life. in my heart i know opiates are poison and will always be poison to me.

Post subject: New to Forum
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:34 pm 

Welcome DS5803 to our forum. Have you had a chance yet to go through some of the threads here? It will give you a good idea of what the effects of taking Suboxone are.

My suggestion is for you to go find a legitimate Suboxone doctor and do this thing right. Both you and your friend are taking a big chance by you buying it from him. Plus, just by doing that it still is a form of addiction because you are still buying it from a dealer. In order for you to stay away from the addictive behavior you need to stop acting like an addict. Does that make sense?

When you see a Suboxone doctor, he/she will have you go through some kind of recovery program. They also do drug testing to make sure you're doing it the correct way. With me, I needed all that to get away from the behavior. It is also suggested that you take your Suboxone at the same time every day. Usually in the morning, and just dosing once. That part was good for me because I always looked forward to getting home after work and taking my pills. It took a week or more to break that habit but I did.

So how much Sub are you taking? You shouldn't need much considering the amount of hydro you were taking. Maybe 2-6 mg's is my guess, but a doctor is still advised to administer the correct amount to you. I can't stress that enough.

Either way, congrats on getting off the crazy train and coming here. We welcome you and encourage you to post your experience as you go along.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

actually i am 2 weeks clean off of the suboxone. i am feeling pretty good except for being a little lethargic and some back pain. i am done with opiates for good and will never go back. but yeah i quit subs 2 weeks ago and the withdrawals weren't as bad as i thought they would be. i am through the hard part so it is all in my rearview now

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Its hard to imagine that they write pain meds for someone that young. My nephew almost sliced his thumb off when he tried to shoot a crossbow, yes we are hillbillies. They give him nothing, but Ibu 800mg and told him to put heat on it if it went to hurting. Im sure that was plenty enough for him, but my mother being the moron that she can be at times decided to give him a half of a pain pill to help him get sleep. Ya know, she could have just given him a Tylenol PM or something.
They didnt give me pain meds after I had my daughter, they knew that I wasnt going to breastfeed but they just told me to take those sits baths. Im not sure how to spell that but that helped alot. When I look back on that stuff, how things were then and how they are now its crazy how much has changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

all i can say is i am thankful i stopped and i can truly say i will never go back. i lied cheated and stole to get pain pills and i am ashamed that i hurt alot of people by my actions but i am trying to right my wrongs