It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my story
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First, let me say that reading from this forum prompted me to go with subutex. I have been addicted for seven years to hydrocodone, tramadol, and the last year morphine. I have been tossing around whether to go on methadone or suboxone. Most local clinics near me that use methadone have no intention of weaning a patient and losing a customer. Sooo-its subutex for me. I told them at the clinic I wanted to take the least amount possible so as not to trade one dependence for another. The professional response was that this should take months, but a counselor privately said that less than a week would not "bond to my receptors". They told me that it kicks the perfect fit of opiates off the receptors and replaces it with this stuff.

First day, first dose. Subutex 2 mg. pill under my tongue. 6:30 am. Supposed to get another in 4 hrs, maybe larger dose, to work up to 8 mg. BIG reaction. Blood pressure rising. Hour and half later BP up to 170/ 115. Horrible headache. Dont know if I was more panicky or them, as they were considering calling an ambulance. Three hours in I am returning to normal but a little dizzy and nauseated. They didnt want to give me second dose, and returned half my fee because perhaps this isn't for me. I went home and laid down for a 3 hour nap. Now it gets good. I wake up with NO withdrawal effects and no desire to take a pill. I stay this way until the second morning . I Have Not Felt This Way In Years!!! So I go back at 6:30 am and ask if a lower dose can be given. They cut a 2 mg. in half and gave me 1 mg. I had the same great result as the first evening,but no bad reaction. The third morning I got the 1 mg. again as they are not allowed to split a pill smaller then the lines allow.
The fouth day 1 mg. and I brought home a dose in a lock box for Sunday, which I took it upon myself to break in half so I had 1/2 mg today. I feel drug free with no craving or withdrawl or anything bad. I feel I can go cold turkey tomorrow ,but I will let you know how this goes. So far, I feel this medicine is a MIRACLE LIFESAVER !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum eyeswideopen. That's great that a low dose of sub is working so well for you! How much hydro/tramadol/morphine did you take daily before you started Subutex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

10 norco, 3 tramodol, and 6 30 mg morphine daily.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Today is day 6. Had none today. Not feeling well, but not feeling horrible. Restless.