It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to elaborate a little on my story and let you know a little bit about me. I have been a all day everyday anything I could get my hands on addict for 15 years. In junior high I was shy and depressed and found an escape and identity in drugs and alcohol. I was never in trouble and a straight A student. I quickly became a professional at hiding my addiction and made my mind up pretty quickly that I was going to be an addict for the rest of my life. I was only 15 years old at this point. Over the last 15 years of my life I have lost multiple jobs, a girlfriend, two dogs and my own business as well as shut a lot of people and friends out of my life. During the last 15 years I worked my way up the ladder of the drug chain. I started out smoking weed, then went to LSD and then on to ecstacy and cocaine and back and forth on all of them. I had never taken any opiates, because I had surgery when I was a kid and they gave me codeine and I got sick. I was told I was allergic to the codeine and that was normal and a lot of people were. Well, here is where things take a turn for the worse, about 4 years ago a fellow drug buddy of mine, had some hydrocodones and I was already on xanax and alcohol and my judgement was very impaired. I told him I was allergic and he said that I probably wasn't and that a lot of people get sick after surgery. So, I decided to just take one and see if anything happened.

Well, my life has never been the same.

After I realized that I was not really allergic to hydrocodone and felt how amazing it made me feel, I made up my mind immediately that this was the drug I had been searching for and that I had to fing out a way to have a daily supply. I became addicted shortly after that day and began making contacts all over town to maintain a steady supply. I have learned that if you want something bad enough you can get it! I have been in and out of jail and rehabs and this is my second time on Suboxone. The first time I got on Suboxone I was not ready to quit, but this last time I was. I have been on suboxone for a year now, on a 12mg dose and I am ready to be completely drug free. I am on day 5 of cutting back to 8mg from 12mg and I definitely feel the withdrawls. I would appreciate any encouragement or advice anyone has to offer and I am here for anyone that needs to talk. Stay Strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Fisher and welcome. Thanks for sharing your story with us. You've definitely been through a lot! I'm happy to hear you've made so much headway with the help of suboxone. And that you've now progressed to where you feel you're ready to live life without the safety net of suboxone. I wish you luck with your taper. Just remember to go slow and make small drops. The less you can feel each dosage drop, the less acute AND post-acute withdrawals (PAWS) you will feel as well.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.