It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi to all .

I live in New Zealand and over here Suboxone (Sub) is fairly new to our country, I have been on sub for the past 2 1/2 weeks and today is my first day without anything in my system for 13(ish) years(I'm now 30). Let me give a little back story.
At the age of 15 I stumbled on Heroin and it quickly became my confidant and best friend. I lost amazing friendships embarrassing my family, friends and myself. I became pregnant at 17 ( the only time I've been clean since the age of 15 ) and managed to stay clean for a good year and a half. Unfortunately I was offered something and I quickly slid back down the slippery slope that is addiction.
Fast forward 5 years I went on the methadone (75mg) but I was using it, not drinking it, however after 5 years of that my body was in real bad shape ( not to mention my veins ) so after a lot of soul searching I decided to do it properly, So I slowly started dropping which took around 4 years. I got my life together, working full time, putting time and effort into the people who stuck by my side through all my crap and decided I wanted off the Methadone. So for the past 4 years I slowly dropped my methadone dose. I came off the Methadone 2 1/2 weeks ago (I was down to 25mg) and the doc put me on 2x 2mg subs. If I'm honest, I was extremely nervous about the w/d I was expecting to feel, but have so far found the w/d's have only come on in the last day or so as. I was only taking a half pill so I figured a should just bite the bullet and just go clean.
I haven't been feeling the best but these w/d are nothing to my old days of w/d for days on end with no light at the end of the tunnel, but that Light is shinning pretty bright, I can see the end.
This board has really helped, as over here(NZ) sub is pretty much unheard of, so being able to read peoples struggles and success stories have REALLY helped .
Sorry about the long message, once I started writing I couldn't stop.
I don't know if this will help anyone but just writing this is very therapeutic,
So good luck to any and all who are on the road to recovery,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:arrow: Hi to y'all,

I forgot to mention that any and all help/advice about how you get through the W/d would be MUCH appreciated. As i mentioned before in live in New Zealand and have very little info to help me prepare for the coming days or weeks. Any natural remedies would help too.
I will post again tomorrow to tell you how it's going...

Thanks

Post subject: Welcome :o)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, LaDyL; and welcome to the forum!

I had switched from methadone to subs, too- but I was only on methadone for only a week.
But prior to that, I had been on methadone for chronic pain for six months.
(I am now on Suboxone at 4 mg per day; and have been on them for almost 7 years.)

Anyway, I am so glad that you have found this board to be helpful to you.
Please keep posting- don't worry about how long your posts are.
And, good luck to you.

-ex-