It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Well, I guess I will start by telling my story. First off, I am using this website as a tool in my recovery. I do have loved ones in my life that are aware of my addiction, however I am going to use this website to help me in my journey, and possibly help others. I have been addicted to opiates for about 5 years. I started as a recreational user, and graduated over time to a 120 mg. / day habit. Drug of choice? Oxycontin. With the guilt of addiction for me comes with the guilt that my actions may have a part in why a person that needs this medicine to treat their pain has a much more difficult time getting this medicine. I digress..... About a year ago, I had gone to see a doctor about Suboxone. I had started the treatment and was feeling like a million dollars. Really I did. It was great, however I was in need of some support. I was engaged at the time, and my fiance' was using with me. She refused to seek help, even though she had used longer that I. (She introduced me to oxy) Needless to say, I did not make it more than a month. That was truly self defeating. 6 months later, I injured my back severely. I was prescribed Oxy, (first time legal) and continued on my downward spiral. More and More every day, until I realized that it is enough. By now, my engagement was over and I had moved out of the relationship and into a new apartment. Time for a clean start. My doc. was gracious enough to let me back into the program, and here I am. I am currently riding my bicycle and talking about my illness with those very close to me. I truly feel that I have been given another chance at life, and I am focused on creating just that, a life I can be proud of. Thank you all for being a part of this forum, and a part of my recovery. God Bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

J
SOunds like your heading in the right direction. The 1st step is realizing you have a problem and putting together a game plan. Getting back on the Sub program will help you focus on the other things in your life as well.
I hope it all works out for ya.
Give us an update when you get a chance.

Oxyclean