It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:32 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

This is my first time using this type of forum. I hope I am the place for this.. Anyway this is my tales of woe!!
Had back surgery many years ago. I was pain free for a few years and then all of a sudden the pain was back with vengence. Started with a script for reg. percocet and worked my way up to the fentenayl (sp?) Patch.. then to 60mg. oxcy's twice a day and oxcodone for "break thru" pain! In the end the scripts I was getting from my Dr. would last me less than a week. Then it was to the street to get what I needed to get me thru the rest of the month. Over & over again I did this for over a year ( 300 to 350 mgs. oxcy a day ). I was at a pretty low spot in my life for sure. I finally came clean with my Dr. and told him I needed to get off the oxcy's they were killing me... And I meant it! He set up an apt. with a Suboxone Dr. for the next day. I met with the subox Dr. and he told me stop using and come back tomorrow in withdrawls. I did as told it was a terrible night and next morning untill we started the treatment. About an hour & a half after the first dose I started to feel like I might be able to salvage my life!!!! I am 3 months clean ( and counting). I take 16mgs. Suboxone a day and feel like a new person. I have made up my mind not to go back to that sorry existence. So with some counseling and the medication I plan to stay clean.. I know it is a long road back but, I am finally on the right road. Well thanks for listening (reading) my story it helps to know we are not alone.... Best of luck to all!!!!
God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Twin!
I just wanted to say, "Welcome". It's always good to hear about success.
Keep up the good work. The SuboxDoc is great and just about everyone here is very supportive. Lots of great articles on the doc's blog.
Welcome!

Melissa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:00 pm 
Twinply - Your mind is exactly where it needs to be. They way you describe your dark days of using, then realizing you're out of control, then coming clean with your doctor (that was HUGE, btw), then following your doctors orders, then knowing that you need to combine suboxone with some kind of counseling...and yada yada yada...very nicely done. Excellant job on recognizing your problem, and taking the proper steps to get your life back. Welcome to the forum! (this is the only website for Suboxone, btw)!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

To:
oxypatrick & hatmaker510
Thanks for the kind words & the encouragement....
I'll be in touch with this blog!!!
Thanks Again...
TW