It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my story
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi....well it all was fine till 1990, I had a c-sec and they gave me lortab for pain and off i went into addiction.I never knew how bad it could get I was using everyday as much as I could.In 1999 I got arrested for forging scripts had been doin that along time, but I was so messed up I callled the pharmasist at home on a sunday.He said tell your patient to be there in a n hour.I went an out walks a cop omg I was so scared,I went to rehab an tried to stop an did for 30 days ,but it was too much so I called in another script, I got it an the next day I was arrested again.My addiction continued... taking 20-30 lortab ten a day as well as oxy's an percs.I never had enough pills so I drank too.I was very miserable an tried stopping a thousand times ,but the withdraw was unbearable an I had to work.In 2008 my friend told me about suboxone and at that point I was willing to try anything.I was on 8mg a day an did well but in august 2008 I wanted to do pillls again Omg i was sooo sick.I went to the dr. told him the truth and I started at step one.I was on the 8mg for a year an then went to 6mg an for the last year was at 4mg..sub made me feel a bit depressed,not at first, so now for the last 4 days I have been on 2mg feel kinda shitty my tummy hurts an I feel depressed.I have no cravings to use and am thankfull for suboxone,however Idk how long I am gonna be feeling poopy,LOL. Called my doc today an left a message to try an see if he would let me try wellbutrin.I tried lexapro an pristiq an they made me feel bad an like I wanted to kill someone or myself. In a nutshell thats my story.I am waiting for the dr to call back.Thanks for your time !!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for sharing. I am curious if there is a reason that you are weaning off of it already? I hope the wellbutrin works for you. Let us know how that goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 am 
Hi Jenealle. I'm sorry you're not feeling too good right now. I hope your doctor has called you back and you've gotten a plan in place for your depression. I'm sure it's difficult to deal with.
You've been through a lot with your addiction to opiates. So have I and a lot of others here on the forum. I know I agree with your feeling of being thankful for Suboxone. The medication doesn't do it all though, in terms of getting and keeping us better. In most of our cases there is so much more that has to be dealt with than just not taking pain pills anymore. Addiction is a real complex disease that we will battle to some degree for the rest of our lives.
Don't give up.....keep looking for the right treatment/medication combination for your depression. As far as your Suboxone goes....keep working with your doctor if it is your desire to try life without it. It is usually best to take it real slow and real low on your dosing until you're able to wean completely off.
Good luck to you and please come back and let us know how you're doing!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I weaned down to 1mg every other day. It took me over a year to step down from an initial 16mg per day. When I got to about 2mg per day, I started feeling like crap. Depressed, no motivation to do anything, etc.....

So, I decided to go back up to 4mg per day for a while and here I sit, in pretty good shape.

Moral of the story: Why rush it? Particularly if you've already been on suboxone for several months or longer.....I would suggest slowing down a bit.

Good luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't know why I want to get off sub,probably cuz the meetings I went to an the people I know are saying I am not clean and am substituting! I finally got a call from the dr. and just got my script for wellbutrin filled,so I hope an I pray that this helps.I went to a counselor this am an she is very cool,we decided I need to go see her once a week for now. Lord I pray I get out of this shitty thinking its a dark place.I am gonna get through this I have to :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jenealle thank you for telling your story. I would advise you to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STAY CLEAN. The longer you stay away from the stuff that hurts you the better it will be in the long run.It's all about breaking those routines , that's why we call them habits.
Good luck with the fight, and I hope to read that you are finding life better in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just to clarify that last comment, I mean that if staying off pain meds means staying on suboxone, then do it. I have said this many times, this idea of trading one drug for another is totally erroneous. Suboxone is not a drug to get you high, it simply makes you feel NORMAL, and enables you to get through the day with a clear head and without the worry of scoring, being arrested or suffering horrible side effects.Think of it as an essential treatment like insulin for diabetics or chemo drugs for cancer sufferers. Nobody would want to deny them of their medication, so why should you deny yourself something that works for YOU? After all, YOU are the important one here,this is about YOUR health and well being, nobody else's.
Once again, best wishes and hope you find happiness and peace soon.