It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey yall. My name is Nicole. I have been on Suboxone for almost 3 years now. Before I got on it, I was totally against it...yup I was one of those judgmental people. I was in my active addiction for 15 years. I am 36. I am a poly substance user so I abused many different drugs. Meth, Roxy and Xanax were my favirites tho. It started really early for me, before I ever picked up an drink or a drugs. I grew up feeling different. U know? Like I just didn't fit in. I was always paranoid and scared and had very low self esteem. By the time I was 14 I had tried percocet and I loved them. I found them in my mom's bathroom bc she got her wisdom teeth pulled out. I started dating a guy and I was in love, he smoked weed and did coke, so I did too. It all started bc I was young and dumb...i graduated highschool and I went downhill fast. I was shooting meth by the time I was 21 and by the time i.was 25 I was an IV addict on coke, meth and roxycodone. My addiction to me.to the bottom. It wasn't fast tho. It took 6 more years. Then I got pregnant. I was homeless and living with my fiance in his parents house. We were both hooked on opiates and dabbling in other stuff. I was going to die and my baby would to. I had my son and exactly 1 year later cps came and took him away. This was the wake up call I needed. I have been in recovery ever since. July 13 2015. I have my son back♡ life is amazing...i could not have done it without Suboxone treatment and therapy and meetings...thats it!! Bye yall

Post subject: Re: My Story
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:43 pm 

Hi Nicole and welcome to the forum! Your story is so much like all of ours. I never felt like I fit in either and just couldn't wait to change my brain waves with whatever drug was available. Funny how similar human nature is. And most of us felt like we were the only ones!

Congratulations on getting your son back and staying clean. Suboxone is a wonder drug that allows us sick addicts a place in society. W/o it, I may have died years ago. Probably the same with you and a lot of others here.

Thanks for the introduction.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Nicole,

Let me just start this off by saying how glad I am that you made it here! You're so strong!

Just like Rule said, Suboxone is a miracle drug that gives us addicts a place in this life. This drug has saved so many people, & will continue to do so. Also, congratulations on getting your boy back! I don't have any children but if I did, I couldn't imagine them getting taken away from me. Your story makes you a Viking! Keep going Nicole. This cyber place will help you with your recovery. To be honest, I consider this place to be my source of meetings, therapy, hell... I've even made some great friends. We will not ever judge you, but we will try to push you forward in your recovery! Please come back more & let us know more about you!

Love, faith & pixie dust,

Ash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:27 pm 

Nicole welcome!!!!

Awesome reading ur story! I’m so glad ur doing better now. I lost temporary custody of my 3 children during my active addiction. I tried everything for recovery but nothing worked until I started suboxone treatment. That’s where my life stopped being Groundhog Day and I started living life again. Thankfully my children are bk with me. My youngest doesn’t remember much, he was 6 when I entered recovery. He does remember how sick I would get with withdrawal. He told me a few days ago that he only remembered that part. I don’t keep anything about my addiction a secret, unfortunately they remember some things that happened. The important thing is that now we have the rest of our lives to make it better. Recovery is possible and it’s amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:27 pm 

Welcome, Nic! Glad to have you here!

I think you'll find that we are a mostly friendly bunch, the regulars anyway. Sometimes folks come here to bash buprenorphine and sometimes they need help with a taper, for example.

We are a pro buprenorphine forum and will be as long as it is supported by the science as a good choice for opioid addicts. We do have some back and forth here sometimes because, for example, addicts blame the medication for all sorts of things. If I listed everything, it would be comical!

I hope you stick around for a long time and become one of our regulars!

Amy