It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my story
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am a 44 yr old who has been on Suboxone Strips now for 6 months. I have spent the majority of my life on narcotic pain meds due to a car accident back in 1992. That's 20something yrs in the dope game. Never shot up but have taken huge amounts of narcotics. Was on methadone for pain management/getting high for a couple of years till my crooked pain pill Dr. got busted in on by the DEA. I figured it would be just a matter of time b4 he would be closed down and decided to wean down off the methadone. I did stay on with him and took Norco, 10 a day, until he was closed down permantly, which is when I found the Suboxone Dr. I am still tripping over how amazing Suboxone is. I have been reading everything I can here on the suboxforum.com for about 3 months now. I feel like I know all the mods, as well as the frequent posters. I want to be 1 of Queenies granddaughters too! LOL Amy, JennJenn, Rule62, I feel like I know ALL of U! When I founf this forum, I was like, "These are my people. This is where I fit in" I hope I can figure all this out bc I want to be a part of this forum so so bad. I am on a computer so if anyone can give me any pointers as to how to go about being a part of this. Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Post subject: Re: my story
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Check this out. I forgot to mention that I was on Kalonipin four times a day, Ambium every night, diet pills, went from 189 to 120, and have managed to stay at that weight since being on Suboxone Strips. I never weighed so little in my life. I was 125 in high school so. But the main thing I wanted to say, I have had zero problems sleeping, zero problems with my nerves, just have been doing very well since starting Suboxone. I am loving not having to take a pill ever 4 hours, or 4 pills. LOL I was abusing pills like crazy but all the while, trying to control my leg pain. I broke both hips, both femurs, that is the largest bone in the upper leg, both tibia and fibia broke in both lower legs, both ankles and one foot really bad. Like the foot break was the worse of all. I had a lot, I mean ALOT of hard wear, stainless steal in my legs. The majority was taken out a yr, later. But you see, it is easy, or was for a long time to get pain meds for me anyway due to my condition. But Lord, since being on Suboxone, and not needing anything but maby an Aleve a couple of times a week. WHOP DE DOO!!! I feel like a million BUCKS!!! Compared to being on ALL THAT MEDICINE!! ALL THE TIME!!! And I would be in terrible pain, like every 4 hours back when I was taking narcotics!! I am a different person now. My family is crazy about me again. My parents and 12 yr old son. We all live together so they have a good idea about the whole addiction thing and what it does to a family. But yes, I lost everything bc of those pills, and an super excited to be a part of this forum and forever greatful for Suboxone and my Suboxone Dr. Sorry for going on and on... LOL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol: DA GUM, I keep thinking of more and more to add but it's important to know that all the while I was going to the Dr. getting pain meds, I was ALSO buying pills off the streets. Like MS Cotins, Roxies, Oxies, percasets, and so on. I probably spelled every one of those wrong, but I think yall can make them out. I would take as much as I could get when it came to pain meds. I spent every dime I got my hand on on pills too boy!! LOL :roll: I got into trouble several times through out the yrs. Did complete several 28 day programs with intentions of staying clean :roll: But 6 months!!!! This is a world record for me, man. And I am happy!! Very happy!!! And clean taboot! Suboxone life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:41 am 

Hey Bamagurl! I should be Tennessee gurl :)

Sounds like u broke A LOT of bones. I'm happy to hear suboxone is helping with pain. U sound a lot like me as far as what's all addiction did to u. I spent every cent on pills....even if I didn't have enough gas to get bk home from going to the dealer, I'd go anyhow and run out before if get bk, but at least I had my pills by then lol. My poor brother, I called him every time I ran out of gas. I stole, I cheated, I did everything and my family is so happy that things are different now. I remember when my dad trusted me with his 50 dollars to pick him up something from walmart, it's silly but shows trust is being established.

I took diet pills a lot in the past using days....adapex (I know I spelled that wrong). Those weight loss clinics are raging in my area.

I'm very happy that suboxone has been helping u like it's helped me. I can't say enough positive things about it. Glad u joined the forum!!

Sorry if this post jumped all over the place, my 10 yr old doesn't EVER stop talking...ever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jennjenn, So nice to meet you! I have a 12 yr old son so I know where you are coming from, Just got him off to school. Yes, we have a lot in common. Adapex as well. But I have been staying at 124 to 128 lbs since being on Suboxone. I usually would have begin to gain weight without the adapex. But luckly, no problem there. I've never been too heavy. 189 lbs was the heaviest. I am so freaking happy being on Suboxone! It is like a CURE ALL to me. I have been spending a lot of time reading the thread here and decided to go ahead and join. I am so excited to be part of this forum. When I first found it I was like, "I finally found some people that are like me" I don't have any brothers or sisters. Haven't made many new friends, and have kind of left the old using buddies in the dust! LOL I have a daughter that's 27 and a son as I mentioned. That's funny your story about running out of gas, lol God we were insaine! Would do about anything to get those pills. It was a way of life for me for years and years and years. I became so used to conning Dr.'s to get pills, and don't let me find out you was hurt or something and prescribed some pain meds. LOL I'd get them out of ya, one way or another. It is such a difference just not to need pills every few hours. Not to be searching all the time. I'm like, dang, what do I do now?!? LOL Love me some Suboxone! I take it several times a day. Thanks for the welcome Jenn Jenn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:27 am 

I only took the diet pills after having my children to lose the weight I'd gained in pregnancy, and it worked like a charm. That was before I became actively using but I definitely remember taking more than prescribed so that just goes to show I've never been able to completely control myself, even before my opiate addiction. Now I use my treadmill, I don't have issues with weight too much but I always feel like I could lose a few lbs. So if ur looking for something to fill ur day, try exercising. I started shopping like crazy when I first started suboxone treatment. I'd went so long not buying anything but pills for myself and when I finally had a little extra money, I shopped a lot lol so exercising is much better than that.

Have a wonderful day Bamagurl, it's finally looking Fall in Tennessee!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Exercise is a lot cheaper. LOL Can also get a health rush/flood of endorphins which is always good to us addicts. I guess there is nothing wrong with that, but not completely sure. We have to keep a close watch on everything we do as addict, I am afraid. :? But yes, I had a pretty good day today. I spent time with my daughter and mom. We had a girls day out if you will. Bought her kids some fall school clothes and I went to GNC to check out the supplements. I am really getting into supplements, superfoods, and what not. They can absolutely change the way you feel. Guess I had better keep an eye on that behavior as well :shock: .