It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Was always the shy kid and always delt with anxiety , started using weed when i was around 17 then tried vics and other pain killers it was what i would mess around with the next 15 years of my life pills oxys 70 dollars a pop i would steal from my family to be able to purchase these pills it got to expensive and i switched to doing heroin. I started off by snorting it and did so for around 5 years. Ended up in 3 different rehabs, court ordered did 30 days here 30 days there several visits to Psych Wards at least 6+ times for "harming myself with drugs" I also drank whenever i had the chance all those years.

I got clean was on suboxone for a year got me off of the hard stuff 3 years later i ended up picking back up on heroin this time i started to shoot it always told myself i would never do it but i did, I had just gone through a break up and we all make excuses for using so i tried shooting for the first time, it was like the best feeling ever. Did this for 2 months , ended up getting fucked over left and right ripped off , fake dope got tiring , tired of letting my family down they didn't raise me like that they are very well off people that haven't had any addiction problems and It sucks that I had to make them go down that road with me.

Before i got clean three days before I stopped breathing and my friends did cpr and brought me back to life.. can't thank them enough. Nothing in life is Worth your "LIFE", get back up and try again! (Aaliyah)

I've been clean for six months now , I started to turn Jaundice , yellow eyes / skin / and my side hurting like hell , the DR misdiagnosed me so i went on about my life and went to my SUB dr, who then told me to get to the er stat, went there my liver enzymes were in the 2,000 range which is higher then hell. They kept me in the hospital for four days getting my enzymes down. I was diagnosed with hep it only takes ONE time if you are sharing needles , lesson learned.

I joined this forum to read others stories, share mine, Six months sober, Suboxone saved my life , i would be dead if it were not for my Sub Dr & Loyal Family. I dont want to be on suboxone forever and am excited to know that there are drugs like Harvoni out there making HEP C undetectable.

Thanks , Everyone for Reading My Story , I may need to edit some parts.

Mr.Chris

Post subject: Re: My Story
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for joining us here, Chris-- good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:21 pm 

You are welcome here, Chris. This forum was made just for people like you, people like us. We support each other here.

You are not the first person to come from "decent" families who had never experienced addiction before. We are all the same here, even though we have different stories. No one is better than the next person. We are all opiate addicts in recovery. Congratulations for getting the help that you needed and welcome!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:15 pm 

So glad you found us Mr C, Suboxone saves no dought about it. Thanks for shairing your story. Sounds like you ve been though it. Its great you have family to help you rebuild your life too. Good luck this time around and I do hope you will read the many post here and over at Dr. Junigs talkzone. keep osting and welcome. Razor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:44 pm 

Hey Chris and welcome!

I've been on suboxone for four years now. Before sub, I stole from my family also, my father wouldn't even speak to me because of the things I'd stolen. It took about a yr for him to come around. I remember when that turning point happened because he asked me to pick him something up from Wal-Mart and gave me $100 to get it for him. I couldn't have ever been trusted with money during active addiction. That's something I'll remember for the rest of my life because I knew we'd finally turned a corner. My family is so very supportive and to know what I've put them through is extremely painful, but every day will get better and better.

I too gradually started using the needle also except my drug of choice during that time was morphine. I never thought I'd get to that low of a point but I did. After a couple of yrs I stopped using that way and switched to oxycodone and stopped the needle but my life was still out of control and I was still on rock bottom. Addiction is an awful disease that carries a lot of guilt once u enter recovery. Things get easier to deal with as time passes and u work on recovery. I hope u can talk to an addiction counselor, it helps u tremendously with all those feelings.

Good luck Chris!! I'm so glad u found ur way into suboxone treatment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Mr Chris, I am glad you have joined us!
Wow, I had never heard of liver enzymes that high. My ALT was just under 300 before TX. Have you had a fibroscan or biopsy? After doing a year of interferon, ribaviren and boceprevir, I am free of hep c. I just want to add that I only had hep c for ten years and in that time I have been diagnosed as cirrhotic. Some ppl can have it for decades with minimal damage. I hope you can get the ball rolling for harvoni. It sounds like a walk in the park compared to treatment even one year ago. I wish you the best with that.
BTW, I was encouraged to remain on subs during my TX.
From what I read, you have a decent history with addiction and you started in your teens. I tend to think that ppl in your situation may do better staying on sub indefinantly.
It's your decision of course, I just want you to continue doing well. Sub is obviously working for you.
I am really glad you have a supportive family, this forum is a great help also!
Stick around Mr!