It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My story...not unique.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, my name is Susie and I'm from Arkansas, that alone should be enough. I had been hooked on opiates for about 10 or 15 yrs. It started out after my first surgery...I felt so good, I felt like just staying home, cleaning the house and would love doing laundry! It gave me an energy I never had. And a feeling like everything was special. It got worse and worse. I thought moving to Arkansas might help, I had a new husband, a new life, and in no time ,I already went to all the Dr.s in Ozark, the in a hundred mile radius. Then I found a nurse that sold them.
Our secretary here at my job found in the newspaper this new drug suboxone that would help me get off the pain pills so I found a Dr. 189 miles away . As soon as I got ther he said here you go, now we need to start weaning you down because you don't need to stay on this long. To try to keep a story a little shorter. I went to him for 2 yrs got in car wreck and relasped. I found another Dr. only 70 miles from me. So I'm going there now. I told him I was on Suboxone for only a year. He put me on 16 mg and I'm perfect. He said we would leave it here for awhile and then in a few months reduce the dossage, but that I could be on it as long as it takes. So far I'm 100% better. And that's up to date! Oh yeah, I came here because i feel like i've got a secret and i need some input and also, don't want to feel like a alein.(sp)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congratulations on your current progress and it's good to hear the optimism in what you have written. That optimism makes alot of difference. I hope that things continue this way for you and you find what you are looking for. Best of luck.

Post subject: To Susie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought I posted you yesterday, but now see, that I did not. I agree with Mike. Your optimism is inspirational, and your frame of mind actually does make all the difference as we continue on the path to recovery. You are not an alien in here for sure. I wish you nothing but the best, and continued success. :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: My Bad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought I responded to you, and when I looked back it was under another topic, anyway the same message applies :oops: