It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my story of induction
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

since i know how scared i am, i thought i would update this every day with details of whats going on with MY induction. maybe it will help others in the future. Might help me in the future!!
everyone has been a huge help for me so far. id like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has answered ALL my questions.

Its friday 10/02/09.
i went to sub doc today for the first time. i have been very scared of LIFE after w/d's. and the w/d's! But after getting the last bundle of meds yesterday...im positive that this is something i want to do. the aggrivation of it all. Does he have em? Can i meet him? Can i get the money together, AGAIN!! Im so tired of it all. one of the big reasons i want to quit.

First thing this morning i awoke with a small pit in my stomach. see i am not taking my first dose of the subs at the doctors office, or even today for that matter. Sunday is the big day for me. I have to work Friday and Saturday. Saturday night i will be having my last hurra! Anyway, i still woke with a small pit in my stomach. just the thought of quitting still gets my nerves going. Even with those nerves, i still MUST do this. My apt. was at 9AM today and i just HAD to go. With alot of wondering about what was to come of my day....I went ahead and started it with a small "maintenance" dose of oxy, took a shower, and got dressed before going to meet the person who is gonna change my life.

When i arrived at the docters office i was shocked to see that the waiting room was full of normal people. normal-just like me. Dressed for work. Some had kids with them. No one, i repeat, NO ONE was all dirty or freaking out sick. No "druggy" look about them. Just normal people trying to get/stay clean and live their lives. just like me. i waited about 15 min after i did my normal paperwork. then i made my "first step" when the nurse yelled through the door, "Chris??". i jumped when i heard my name. allthough i wasnt getting my first dose i was still freaked! But causiously i got up and motioned to the nurse that the name she yelled was mine.

Once in the room...it was still normal doctor routine. The nurse came in and asked me why i was there?? my story?? my usage?? my other meds?? allergies?? weight?? height?? family history?? and my story??
Once we were done with all the info, the nurse explained that they would be doing blood work, a ekg, and a urine test. all these tests help them to serve me best. After these test where finished the doctor came in. once again i was asked alot of the same questions. for obvious reason i went into further detail with the doctor then i did the nurse.

And I mean, i just unloaded on him. im talking A-Z. every last detail. I started from my first dose 4 years ago and went all the way up through this morning. he must have thought i was crazy!! i mean my story isnt the worst of them, but i have had my moments, to say the least. At the end i figured he might react or look at me funny...i thought surley this guy is effected by all this. his veiw of me has likley changed. but to my surprise, he just asked if i was tired of living like this?? if i was tired of all the running around?? and if i was ready to change my life?? He calmy said "dont worry, this is a smart move. one you will be happy you have made. we are glad you have chosen to get clean."

he didnt freak. he didnt seem to look at me any different. matter of a fact, he didnt seem to be shocked at all. he expressed concern for the greiving process(from losing my brother, father, and mother within 14 months of one another) that i had bypassed by being numb. he explained everything that i already knew(from sites like this one) about suboxone. he talked for a minute about not stopping anything like xanex. he said that we would address different medications in the future. he said he thought a anti-depressant would probably be in my future but we would worry about it then. he explained that we needed to get me stablized before changing any medications. he asked if i had any questions? and really he was so complete, there was no need for any! Luckely for me, my doctor is very good one. i made a apt for next thursday or friday. he gave me a scrip with all the instructions, he gave me tons of booklets about suboxone, and he gave a little diary. a place for me to write down how much, when, and how it worked. and that was it. shook his hand, thanked him, and away i went.

my first visit with a sub doc was complete!!! now to do the actual first dose!! talk to you guys on sunday!! thats when i will be taking my first one. oh and by the way, went to wallgreens and dropped off my script! haha... which was a first in a really long time. normally i just walk around the store for 20 min waiting for my pain meds to be filled. hoping with everything in me, that it would all go smooth and that they would hurry up!! this time i was in and out. i guess these are some of the changes to come as i start becoming a normal person again. someone who isnt activley dependant on opiates. Freedom!?!

until 10/04/09....

Thanks,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

im intrested in hearing your story as i am new to subs myself. i switched over from methadone. i stopped using meth on a friday then used percs to help me get thru sat and sun then had my 1st dose monday morning when i was begining to feel bad and it instantly made me feel better.

anyway good luck and please keep us updated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Glad to hear you are aboard with us on the journey.

Depending on where you are in the world I would see if you could find a cheaper pharmacy to buy your suboxone. For the big stores I say Costco if one is around. Otherwise hit up every mom and pop pharmacy in town. I get mine from this small place in town that gets it cheaper, by $30, than any of the big chains in town. This place is just across the parking lot from my doctor. They both have a great report with each other. The doc even called up the pharmacist to tell him I was coming over for my script. We all get our weeklies on thursdays and he has us all out of there in about thirty minutes. I figure he just has about ten bottles filled with 30 Suboxone each just ready to afix our info onto.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

my insurance covers all of mine except for the $10 copay but the pharmacy my dr reccomended delivers the suboxone right to my house for free

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Free delivery, that is awesome wicked. Seems like you can get the mom and pop places to deliver for free but forget about it for the chain stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

exactly. its a mom and pap store. they had my first dose delivered to there office my 1st day before i got there then i drove up to fill my script afterwards. i was so surprised they delivered and havnt taken them up on that service yet but i definatly will. i sure cant go into wallgreens or giant eagle were i may see someone i know and wallmart is out of the question because the pharm. is a friend of mine so i figure i will stick with the little store

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well its sunday morning and i am excited to hear how it went. hopefully you stopped early enough yesterday to keep you from getting sick after taking the subs today. you need at least 12 hours to pass from your last use if your taking a fast acting opiate like heroin or vicodins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

update #2

took my last dose of pain meds at 7pm Saturday night. its now 3:25 pm on Sunday. I am starting to feel a small twinge of sickness. not bad enough to take sub yet. few hours probably.

i will tell you this much...when you eat your last dose of meds, its not like it normally is. like how you start FREAKING out right away on where to get more at. i guess its cause i know im have suboxone if it gets bad. but the 24 hour waiting is not that bad. i was all ready to be anxious....didnt happen.

will post after i dose for the first time with suboxone. later tonight.

thanks again,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

update #3

took 1/2 at 7....didnt really do anything
took another 1/2 at 7:45....waiting to see if i get better??

i do feel slightly better then i did before i took the subs i guess. i will post info as i learn it.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

update #4

now its 10:15PM 10/04 and im taking another half. that will make 2.5 8 mg for me. i dont feel sick really. i do have back pain, head ache, jumpy legs, sore legs, and a cold sweats. but please dont miss understand....this is way easier then going cold turkey!!! I think that this last 1/2 will make it alot better. i just feel almost "ok", just not 100%

my eyes have a funny look to them. the pupils are VERY big. im not sure if the cold sweats are from w/d's or the subs?? will see if it goes away with this half.

i will tell anyone....this is the way to do it. i have only been on subs for 3 hours?? what a difference already. and i havent stabilized yet!!

i took 10 30mg roxcy yesterday. today i am clean?? weird! was a long day. i recommend not working the day of first dose. although i feel good enough to work, there is just to much wondering whats going on inside your body to be bothered with it. i WILL be working tomorrow. i feel good enough to go right now, if i had to. all being told...i guess i feel 70%. maybe not 100 cause im not on pain pills?? not sure what being clean feels like. time will tell. glad i did this though!!

thanks,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Please don't take this in the wrong way. Clean and sober is a long ways away . You are on a medicine to ease the withdraw symptoms for long time drug abuse. Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up over the past

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yes thats what i meant. not on pain meds!

anyway,

update #5 i think...

im doing fine. i take one in the morning, one around two, and one around 8. dont miss pain meds to much. it doesnt cure ALL "wants" of pain meds, but makes it to where you have the power to make a choice!! my body is a little tired, but i suppose that is to be expected. working is fine. sleeping is fine. eating is fine. no sex yet, but not because of subs..really 0 complaint!! only thing is i kinda miss getting high, but not enough to go through all the B.S. that comes with getting high. so i plan to keep staying this way!!!

thanks again for everyones help!!
Chris