It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Okay my short story here i started in weed and other pills in high school and then around my senior year till i was about 21 it was heavy pills drinks acid weed. So i got my first pill doctor around age 23 or so? I've always maintained a job but at around 26 i started the meth heavy daily and slowly messed up. I got into about 8000$ in debt and was switching jobs from staying up five to eight days in a row but enough of that. I found out that my ex-girlfriend was pregnant when i was 30. I knew I had to change so I got on methadone 90 mgs a day and quit everything else and got the job i still have now cutting meat.The methadone got my life back in order my parents paid for it every week. I needed to get custody of my son because i loved him so much and his mom was still chasing pills ect..,so my attorney wanted me off the methadone so i was on it. I had heard of suboxone before but I knew that methadone was like a super pain pill so i stuck with that at the time.So i switched from my then dose of done of 24mgs to 16 mgs of suboxone and did great. It took a while to discover all the feelings i had not had for 15 years but it got good. I got custody of my son when he was 3 ! His mother died last summer of a brain anurism. But anyone wondering about suboxone it is the only pain medication that has helped me in mild depression and back pain and siatic nerve pain without needing more and more. I have actually quit suboxone for six months about six months ago to see how i would feel and did it with NO withdraws none something that would have been impossible for a person on done or p pills. I started back on sub this time for pain management and have been on less than one tablet since. Im 34 now and attend church weekly with my son and have found the lord and live a happy life. Thanks for reading and good luck to you all. Dr jj is the most knowledgeable doc/phych out there thanks doc. Wade

Post subject: Hey wade
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Wade,I got to say I am very happy to here that you are doing well and that you got your son. I haVe a one year old girl and could not imagine my life without her. She was my number one inspiration to finally get off the narcotics. I also work in a grocery store and things at my job have got much better since I got off drugs. I don't have to leave work and lie to get out and get a fix. And going to work in withdrawal is the worst thing ever. Well take care man!

Post subject: Welcome!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome Wade and thanks for your story... I too recently have found out that Suboxone helps with pain, it's a wonderful thing. Congrats on getting custody of your son.. I too have two boys and they are my world.

For me Suboxone has also been a wonderful tool for my depression... I'm also on Lexapro and was on Lexapro prior to Suboxone... I started Lexapro after quitting my drug of choice to help with my anxiety and mild depression. Being just on Lexapro I was more stable but still had my ups and downs.. Once I started Suboxone I really became stable for the most part.. Still have my moments especially recently but I really went through some rough stuff. I actually want to stop taking Lexapro as I think Suboxone will handle it all... My doctor thinks I should just stay right where I'm at..

One question if you don't mind me asking. When you quit Suboxone what dose were you on? Please don't feel obligated to answer this question. I'm happy Suboxone has worked well for you because it sure has worked well for me...

Again welcome!!

SuperBuper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello wade and welcome to the forum. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. I love to hear more positive stories about suboxone helping to turn someone's life around. Like others, I, too, take suboxone not only for my addiction but also to treat my chronic pain. It doesn't fully erase it, but it does allow me to live my life. Again welcome and I hope you stick around.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.