It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Story (13 days off)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

It seems the forum as suffered some difficulties and as a new member I was in the thick of it. Had to start over as it deleted my account and my posting (which I hope can be retrieved). If not I will just have to read other posts to constantly remind me of how bad it was. Any way let me give a quick update. I returned home from a quick trip with the family (they are still away till next week) and was feeling pretty good. The overall WD's were drifting into the past and it seemed besides sneezing, hard time falling asleep not that I stopped the Diazepam, and weird sweats that come from nowhere I was good. The last few days have been filled with work but I work from home and this has taken its toll on my spirit. With nobody else home I focus on the feelings of the WD's and it seems to intensify. So if I can make a recommendation, don't do this! Missed two days at the gym and that also hurt my sleep which lead me to Advil PM which lead me to hangover headaches. Today is day 13 and below is the recap.

-B Day+13: I woke with a headache put it is to be expected as I needed to sleep and I wanted to now do this without Diazepam as I get very nervous taking 5mg for any time. I replaced this with Advil PM now but it is brutal for the wake up and only works somewhat. I dragged around all day working from different area of the house trying to find a spot that inspired me but it just never happened. I got a ton done but it just felt disconnected. Finally about an hour ago I went and picked up L-Tyrosene (spelling) and Melatonin. I took the L-Tyrosene and I must say it elevated my mood, I cleaned the house and will be ready to hit the gym once I sign off from work. Hopefully the Melatonin is just as good the other direction because the L-Tyrosene gets a thumbs up from me. That is it. I alive I feel pretty good overall. Same report I guess? Everyday is getting better but with a caveat. That I must focus on the good, I must workout, and I must keep busy. These things make all the difference in what that exact day is. Fall from these things and what was seeming like easy days suddenly felt much more difficult.

Post subject: Day 13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:04 pm 

DBMB,

Yep, you joined right at the time our forum was going through some much needed changes and updates. Sorry you thought you'd been kicked out or deleted. I do wonder how many others felt slighted by the loss of a week. Like you, they probably will need to re-register to become a member again. Once more, WE'RE SORRY!

Glad to hear you made it to day 13 and are progressing somewhat. Keep your eye on the goal and take it day by day.

Keep us informed of your progress. You're doing awesome!

R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:23 pm 

Hi DBMB! Sorry for the inconvenience of having to re-register and re-do your thread! Keep on keeping on. I can imagine that getting through the days is harder when your family isn't there with you, especially since you work from home!

Get that workout on!

Amy

P.S. I don't think we'll be able to retrieve the old threads/posts. Sorry. :(

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

End of day and I hope I sleep well. I can tell you that I just walked six miles which was the furthest after the surgery and it felt great (since my old post is gone 14 days ago I had back surgery). Thanks for the reply's and I will keep up the post as things progress.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You sound like you are where I am at day 14 except it is day 36 for me. I am where you are now it seems. You are so right not having distractions leads us to think about how we are feeling too much. Inward thinking makes everything more intense. It is best to try everything to keep your mind busy. Can you listen to music while you work at home? That helps me here at home. Lee goes to work and I have the kids, but they don't understand and don't need to understand what I am dealing with so it gets me stressed sometimes then all my little symptoms feel big especially anxiety. It can be a monster for me at times. I try to divert my attention onto something really quick even if it kinda makes me look bonkers LOL. I will just jump up and walk outside or grap my ear buds turn on some music and walk/jog walk/jog till I can't go any farther. I guess it burns off the blast of epinephrine in my brain and eases the anxiety because of that as well as getting me out of my own head. Headaches for me at this point the headaches are terrible. They come and last all day long some days. I take ibuprofen it helps a little. Time has to make it better and I try to think of the headaches as something getting right UP there! LOL They still hurt and make my temper worse at this point. I have a healthy temper these days. I have to keep that reeled in as best I can. Keep on keepin on, you are doing great! Like TinyDancer said, IT is just a Commitment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:35 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

@Thegreatestlove, Music is very helpful. It is almost kind of funny that while on Opiates and Subs I would listen to music but I was not really hearing it. So much more intense now and good. I enjoy what I have not in many ways.

-B Day+14: Today is a marked difference. I slept without any aid but Melatonin and I woke with L-Tyrosine. Making the switch after 10 days of Diazepam and Chlonodine has really made all the difference in my general state. I went again and worked out this AM and I am sure I will before bed. Its early but no question today has a new feeling to it. Skin is different, the radiating heat is a little cooler, and no headache or at least so much lighter that it feels like none. Today is my first visit with my Dr. since the jump and I am excited to discuss progress, even take my pee test which I know I don't have to but it seems like these are not bad markers to continue to shoot for. That is all for now. Will let you know how the day ends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:08 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 14 is almost over and besides some annoying sweats it really went well. I can honestly say today was about 90%. My mood was great, I felt strong, worked out twice (so key), and just enjoyed the day. See what tomorrow brings but if it is anything like today I am in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just an annoying update. I am still trying to sleep. My legs are nuts tonight and I won't take any drugs. So here I sit, have tried every bed in this house. Maybe a hot bath? It's winning with such a minor thing tonight. So strange!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:41 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

-B Day+15: Its day 15 and the day has not started as well as yesterday. The heat and sweats seem to be back a little more. Nothing bad just feel them. Woke with a headache again but this one is not due to any drugs I don't think unless a 1/2 dose of chlonadine caused it. Otherwise I kept true to myself and did not throw anything at the legs last night except natural remedies which included some Melatonin, potassium, a hot bath, and used my STIMS machine. It was still me the bed and a 5 hour battle to finally go down.

Over all I would say most of the things I feel this AM are more related to that than anything. They just came back last night kind of out of nowhere. Yesterday was a busy day, got tons of exercise so I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, RLS has been present the whole time but was tailing off the last few days and seemed more manageable. Then, BAM! Was just so damn tired and it would not let me sleep.

Moving on. Today is new, I have a busy day and will let everyone know what happens at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:45 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well? It seems that overall I am doing well. The biggest obstacle in my way seems to be sleep. Even that is more related to RLS then anything else. They just seem to hang on. Last night was so bad that I ended up taking 2.5 of a diazepam. I have every supplement known to work in the withdrawal and PAWS stages but none seem to effect RLS. I have added more exercise, removed caffeine, and created a situation where I take a Epsom salt bath before crawling into my cool dark place. The days of sleeping through everything seem gone for now. Any suggestions and I am will to consider for some relief. Again, I can't really complain but it is annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The only thing that I found that worked for my RLS was running on my eliptical machine. I would run full out for 2 or 3 minutes and that would stave off RLS for 2.5 to 3 hours at a time.

Like you, I tried every OTC remedy for RLS, but nothing worked. Wearing my legs out is the only thing that worked for me.

We have had another member on here use Requip. It's a prescription med for RLS, you may wanna give it a shot?

From what I've seen around the forum and in my experience, RLS usually tapers off by itslef after a week or two, maybe 3. I know how infuriating RLS is and I hope yours eases up soon.

Post subject: Like Minds
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:14 pm 

Romeo said almost exactly what I was going to say concerning the use of Requip. My wife has a severe case of RLS and has had it since childhood. Her father had it and drank heavily to be able to sleep.

She tried the Requip when it first came out and said it made her fall asleep within a ½ hr. It says to take it 3 hours before bedtime and she'd be knocked out at 7 PM. I don't think it's a benzo but that is easy to find out. Why more people going through w/d's don't try it is kind of odd. It stops the RLS and also makes you tired...Hmmm, sounds like a perfect combo to me. What I wish is that someone would try it and post their experience on whether it helped or not. Talk to your Dr. about it. You would only need one script and then the RLS should be gone. I know if I ever get the strength to jump I will surely ask for it.

Just my 3½¢ worth.

rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I remember one time I was off sub for a week and half, as my supply ran out, I had requip and took that, but it only seemed to increase my restless legs, mind you my restless legs at that time were not so bad, but enough to twist and turn if you catch my drift. I also felt very tried and exhausted, as if that was not enough without taking subs. You already get tired coming off subs so to add another med which has a side affect of fatigue is only going to make things much more worse...I had requip in 0.25 and 0.5 doses, I tried it for 5 days but then gave up, it did not work for my legs at all. I then read around and realized it was not only me who found requip not to work because I read that they are not formulated for sub restless legs or even substance related restless legs. I do not know too many people either where requip works other then only increasing the leg symptoms like it did with me. Majority of experiences I read that it does not help restless legs from substance withdrawal.. If it does not work for 1 day then it will not work at all, so I would not add another substance if its either only increasing symptoms or not making any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Can I ask DBMB how long you were on subs and what dose did you stop at? forgive me if you have noted it down somewhere, but am curious about your history with subs.

Hope you can sort out the sleep issue soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Answering the question on length of time. I was on suboxone a little over a year and it was broken into 2 mg for maybe 1/2 of that, then 1 mg a few months, and finally a taper for several months down .25 where I held for about a month. I really can't complain as I seem to be doing very well for about 17 days out or so. To be honest I never missed a nights sleep although it is never more than 6 hours. But the madness of laying there with these crazy legs is really a treat as many know. I push through and as mentioned do finally sleep. Just keeping it real for future readers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:53 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Looks to be around day 18 and I can say today is a bit of a strange day but probably due to things I did. My wife got back in town and we had a great dinner and with that I had two glasses of wine. This caused my RLS to be incredibly difficult last night. Sleep was tough and today my body temperature regulation seems off more than it has been. No day has been perfect yet in this respect but it does improve. Wi just keep at it but I now can clearly see why it's during this stage that we lose so many people. It is harder than the actual acute stage in many ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea, I tried drinking a couple of times since I jumped and it is just bad news bears! I felt so crappy as a result. Note to self, "no drinky".

Post subject: Candy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I was telling my wife that many things help me through the day during this stage. Those things include exercise, work, sex, and candy. She is a health nut so all seemed legit and have been supplied in spades except the candy one. Then I found this:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73599

I knew it made me feel better and if I eat protein I notice the sweats come on more, candy they slow. Very strange yes I know but just an interesting note.

Regardless I am at about day 20 or so and feel pretty good. Sleep and legs still an issue and some days I am fool of energy and some are not but it is all livable. Working from home has never been so annoying but I have my wife who works from home as well and now that she is home it is a bit better. Funny how many people would probably die to work at home and while I love it I miss connection. Off to the gym to try again to wear out the legs. Never works but I feel good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ok. Today has been exactly 3 weeks. Yesterday I arrived in Park City Utah for work and some play. The day was packed with some public speaking, preparing for a big expo, dinner, and a long walk to get some movement. I had zero issues with PAWs that I could tell except for some stomach issues which may be related to something else at this point. Needless to say I slept unmedicated for the first time. No chlonidine, no diazepam, not Advil pm. Was a great day and a great night. I have wondered if I made myself busy would everything fade away? I say yes. Any way. I up after 8 good hours of sleep and ready to go. I actually jumped out of bed like so many years ago. I could have got up and ran down the street. Something I could have never done without taking my DOC or sub in the past. It's good, I'm good, lets see what today brings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:48 pm 

That's great news, DBMB! I hope you have more and more days like that and fewer days dealing with annoying symptoms!

Amy