It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Skipped posting yesterday but overall I can't complain. Things have been good I have been keeping busy and at times I hardly notice anything. Sleep is still an issue and I still have some on and off RLS that is assisting that issue. Fly home tomorrow but truth is a feel healthy, alive, and better than I have in years even with sleep issues. It's hard to imagine looking back how much opiates and suboxone was holding me back. But now I have no question. I enjoy people, can stay up past 10, and am an excercising fool. That is the old me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am now 26 days off and if I did not have these light sweats (my head) and sleep issues caused mostly by inability to fall asleep I would swear I was normal again. These are just the lingering effects I think of such long lasting opiates but I can't really say I know. The are annoying but as I keep saying nothing that can't be dealt with. They day they are gone will be an amazing day though. I keep moving forward and as I and many people have noted, staying busy is the key. My workouts do tons for me and when I am busy with work I practically forget that I have any issues. I have found something weird going on but I can't pinpoint what it is. It is related to the food I eat and how it effects my sleep and or sweats. There seems to be some correlation but IDK. Off to the gym and will report back from time to time as always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The physical stuff does sucking in that lingering phase.

But the real struggle is the mental, emotional stuff. That's what really drags you down. Again. This is why real recovery is so important to look at and not just suboxone... Now that you're off you will need a recovery program that works for you full time. Not having that safety net is a big change. Just make sure you remember who you are and continue to chase recovery daily or else your addiction will chase you... No matter what you say or do.

Therapy? Counseling? 12 step? Celebrate Recovery? Smart Recovery?

Gotta have something if the sort... And not just a hobby or something that will "keep you so busy you couldn't use if you wanted to"...

Keep up the good work and I hope you get a solid routine down and do well.

But. It's either suboxone (drt) with some recovery work, keep using till death, or completely dive into a 12 step type lifestyle. That's what works long term.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Refer to doctor J's book Dying To Be Clean if you want to really learn a lot.

There is little room for error with opiate addicts. One false move and we die.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well, it has now been over 30 days. Out on a vacation with the wife, kids, and some family. I can safely say that things are cruising right along. Still seem to need chlonidine to sleep but otherwise must symptoms have rely started to melt away. Mild sweats when I eat certain foods and mild RLS if I try to go no chlonidine. Staying busy helps as mentioned a hundred times. Anyone looking to get off it is easier than it seems now that time has wiped most of it away. Seems odd to me anyone would ever want to do this twice though? I can't wrap my head around that and hopefully never will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Awesome to hear things are pretty much over and good to go. As for doing it twice, or in my case many times , a lot of addicts like me (not saying you are, but ime) I tiptoe back into the water thinking I'm just gonna soak my feet, and before I know it I'm neck deep and doing it all over again lol

I also noticed certain foods I was cool with before don't quite agree with me, or even appeal to me anymore. Subs really messed up my sense of smell when I was on it, so that probably has a lot to do with it...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:32 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Its is now over 5 weeks and I can say that still have lingering weird PAW's effects. Still seem to sweat some, still seems mostly after eating some foods so an allergy may actually be the cause. Don't really know? Daily life is otherwise in order and energy seems good. Far better than I ever had on Sub's and without taking constant DOC's. Seems like it is even higher than when I was a 100% before but that has been a while so I may be mistaken. Have been bring the Clonidine amount down, have not had a Diazapam in a long time, and now down to vitamins and working out. Can drink coffee again which is nice. Fitness seems like it has improved (always been very fit) but I have gained a few pounds through this process. Am thinking I should have my Testosterone checked although last time I had it checked it was high for my age and that was while on Suboxone. RLS is better but still not perfect.

For those reading do not put to much in this. Things have been great for a long time. Just strange residual stuff that does not seem unique to only me but also don't seem to effect all. Good luck and I will keep updating as I think of it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

It has now been longer than I can wven remember. 6 weeks for sure. Over all I feel good and don't have anything new to report. Sweats still seem to come and go but I can neatly tell you the time. They are less frequent and in some situations nonexistent.
I can honestly report that getting off subs although annoying has been the best thing for me in a long long time. I think I will not post again till the sweats are finally gone but I do want to thank all who read or gave support.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

As many of you may remember I stopped on July 4th. It is now just over 90 days. It seems so long ago and I honestly feel so good. I go to the gym every day, I wake up and feel great right out of bed, and things are just so much clearer in general. I can still recall with great accuracy the daily struggles I had but they are all but a distant memory overall. The only thing that maybe hints to the old days is I still take a dose of imodiam every once in a while. Hell, this might just be what normal 44 year olds do when their stomach gives them issue?
3 months? During it, it seemed like an eternity and now??? Not so much. I said I would report back when something significant happened but to be honest it never did. I just came out of it one day at a time and then finally one day realized it was gone.
As for after care I am involved in group meetings my doctor has but to be truthful I seem to be more a sounding board for people about to jump. Maybe it helps me?
I wish all who are trying the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DBMB,

Good for you. It looks like you are on your way. Thats good that you still go to Doctors meetings. It will be a constant reminder of what you went through and to keep off.