It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I actually know of only very few people to ever have even know the horrors of coming off of something like suboxone, much less read internet forums and advice from other people. It feels much better knowing I'm not the only one struggling here.

Anyways. So I have been on suboxone for 3+yrs the last 2 and a half getting them from a dr. The last time I took suboxone was I THINK 12 days ago, it's really all been a blur... and before that was on 40mg opanas daily for years as well. So needless to say I've forgotten what normal even feels like to any extent. But I was taking 2-3mg a day for a long time, finally the last few days just cut down to 1 mg a day then just stopped completely.

I did what everybody on this forum seems to disagree with. I took opiates to help me come off of suboxone. Looking back I don't think it was a good idea, but I don't think I would be where I am now either. I had been prescribed percocet 10 and vicodin 10's for a wrist injury years back and never took them. So after about 4 days or so I could not stand it any longer and took 20mg of percocets. Oh man one day of relief was absolutely tremendous. SO I got an idea and said well why don't I just taper down on these guys? Bad idea. got down to 5mg at a time over 3 days so now we're somewhere around day 7 of our journey together. Oxy too strong. So i hit up the hydros basically did the same thing, tapered down from 15mg the first day, up until yesterday night I took 5mg around 10:45pm so I could sleep. Oh how I miss it. SLEEEEEEP PLEASE. The hydros worked a lot better, mainly because they werent as strong, they did not give me a euphoric feeling, only a "normal" feeling. Still felt slightly shitty, but got like 4 hours of sleep. Amazing. So here we are 12 days later, I have taken nothing today at all. I'm not gonna lie, I feel like shit. My new favorite activities are walking the block, and sitting in a very hot shower. You always feel like a gladiator after a hot shower! Anyways, I still have all of the medicine left. Subs/percs/vicodin. I am finally at the point where I am about to throw them away.

There is absolutely no way in hell I would ever take another opiate in my life. If I had to go through this again idk what I would do. You couldn't pay me $1000 to take a suboxone right now. And I'm broke as shit, and that's a lot of money to me lol. Anyways, my opinions on opiates to get off of suboxone are kind of mixed, it seems it does make w/d's last a little longer, but you don't get that sharp intense withdrawal around day 7. But what do I know? This is the only way I've ever done it. Maybe it would have been better without anything. I don't have insurance and would love to get some clonadine but I just can't afford it. Does anyone have any experience with xanax for withdrawals?

Also, cigs are now disgusting to me. Ugh... the only relief I had left.... well out you go too then!
Thanks for reading my long winded rant, if you'd like to respond I'd love to hear it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

welcome, I think what ever works for you works. most people cant taper opiates so that's why they are taboo im sure. I have no experience with it so I cant fully tell you if they have helped or hurt your success. you seem to have you mind made up and that's were its at. cigs made me sick im sure thru the whole process but its all I had, still smoke though I am in the process of dropping it. clonidine will help they are super cheep even without insurance, like 11 bucks for 90 supply. they will help you out big time. keep posting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jdoe27 wrote:
I actually know of only very few people to ever have even know the horrors of coming off of something like suboxone, much less read internet forums and advice from other people. It feels much better knowing I'm not the only one struggling here.

Anyways. So I have been on suboxone for 3+yrs the last 2 and a half getting them from a dr. The last time I took suboxone was I THINK 12 days ago, it's really all been a blur... and before that was on 40mg opanas daily for years as well. So needless to say I've forgotten what normal even feels like to any extent. But I was taking 2-3mg a day for a long time, finally the last few days just cut down to 1 mg a day then just stopped completely.

I did what everybody on this forum seems to disagree with. I took opiates to help me come off of suboxone. Looking back I don't think it was a good idea, but I don't think I would be where I am now either. I had been prescribed percocet 10 and vicodin 10's for a wrist injury years back and never took them. So after about 4 days or so I could not stand it any longer and took 20mg of percocets. Oh man one day of relief was absolutely tremendous. SO I got an idea and said well why don't I just taper down on these guys? Bad idea. got down to 5mg at a time over 3 days so now we're somewhere around day 7 of our journey together. Oxy too strong. So i hit up the hydros basically did the same thing, tapered down from 15mg the first day, up until yesterday night I took 5mg around 10:45pm so I could sleep. Oh how I miss it. SLEEEEEEP PLEASE. The hydros worked a lot better, mainly because they werent as strong, they did not give me a euphoric feeling, only a "normal" feeling. Still felt slightly shitty, but got like 4 hours of sleep. Amazing. So here we are 12 days later, I have taken nothing today at all. I'm not gonna lie, I feel like shit. My new favorite activities are walking the block, and sitting in a very hot shower. You always feel like a gladiator after a hot shower! Anyways, I still have all of the medicine left. Subs/percs/vicodin. I am finally at the point where I am about to throw them away.

There is absolutely no way in hell I would ever take another opiate in my life. If I had to go through this again idk what I would do. You couldn't pay me $1000 to take a suboxone right now. And I'm broke as shit, and that's a lot of money to me lol. Anyways, my opinions on opiates to get off of suboxone are kind of mixed, it seems it does make w/d's last a little longer, but you don't get that sharp intense withdrawal around day 7. But what do I know? This is the only way I've ever done it. Maybe it would have been better without anything. I don't have insurance and would love to get some clonadine but I just can't afford it. Does anyone have any experience with xanax for withdrawals?

Also, cigs are now disgusting to me. Ugh... the only relief I had left.... well out you go too then!
Thanks for reading my long winded rant, if you'd like to respond I'd love to hear it :)

Benzos are helpful but risky, as they are habit forming, but something long acting like Valium or Klonopin are usually recommended for short term use while coming off of opiates, with short acting ones like Xanax more of last resort if Valium or Klonopin is unobtainable for whatever reason (a doc preferring to prescribe Xanax, or unavailability on the street), as they are more "intense" and have to be taken more frequently, so the theory is they are more likely to become habit forming, even though all benzos have that liability risk.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for responding to both of you. I really aprpeciate it. I honestly don't really like xanax, i took a .5mg earlier and it honestly seemed to make me tired without getting rid of restless legs, restlessness, chills, etc...so I dont think im gonna go that route.

I did actually just find some clonadine my doc prescribed when I tried to get off a long time ago. I dont know much about it. Is it like just a night time thing to help you sleep? It's a .1mg pill, is that even a high dosage? Any info would be great from anyone.

Also I would love to hear anyone who has a story about tapering down suboxone withdrawals with tapering opiates like I mentioned in the first post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hi there .
I am now clean for 14 days . I did cold turkey from 16mg!!over 2 years. What help me the most was Kratom . I was taking it for first 7 days and it help , help a lot .U steel have to be carful with it but so far I have no problem. I know so many People was telling me I am replacing sub with Kratom but Kratom help me to be where I am now.
I wish you good luck and stay strong , we are here to help you and this forum was the best medication for me !!!!!!
Peace and YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!
Ryszard.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Clonadine is a blood pressure medication so you still have to be careful. It lowers your blood pressure which helps with the hot flashes and the anxiety. Will make you drowsy but don't increase the dose by too much because you could have an unsafe drop in blood pressure. It has many off label uses as well. I would avoid benzos. I tried the benzo withdrawal treatment option more times than I care to admit and almost always had to be medically detoxed in the end. Withdrawals from benzos and alcohol can actually be life threatening. I would say a super lite dose of ativan if anything for when it gets horrible. I did like a 2 week taper if that from 8 mg of suboxone taking my final dose just under 2 days ago. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop because so far it's not too horrible. Just a general lack of motivation, little sneezing and light sweats. Good luck however you deal with it. We can mind fuck ourselves right back to square one if we're not careful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was on xanax for 6 months. I weaned off over a year, and six minths after my last dose, i still experience nerve pain, disabling headaches for some reason Every sunday, burning legs, numb lips, derealization/depersonalization. There's more too. This is very common too. Most people who are prescribed benzos to take every day, never stop them. Ask any pharmacisy, doctor or nurse. Go on benzobuddies.com . Stay away from this sh#!. Dont wait to do research until your going through withdrawal like on sub. I've become friends with many who were in sub treatment, and intrestingly enough, 1/3 found xanax and pretty much fell off the face of the earth. I'm not exagerating. My buddy who lives close to me, was an accountant and married after sub treatment two years ago. He never leaves his house anymore and sadly, its because benzos. If you think, shit. I came off oxys, whats xanax. Your setting yourself up for a full blown relapse. You dont fully recover from benzos like opiates. The one thing that i can compair benzo protracted withdrawal to is a hangover . The minute you wake up day after you drink wayyyyyy too much. Thats how i always seem to feel since xanax. Anxiety, confusion, anger ect. Stay away fron that shit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I took the same route as you basically. I took 4, 10mg norcos for 11 days after stopping subs. I've tried several ways to stop. I've been bashed on here for taking opiates to get off but it worked for me. I'm on day 15, no energy, some cold chills, and runny eyes lol but I can say for myself I couldn't of done it without the norcos. I just can't wait to feel "normal". Cigs are so gross right now. Me personally I thought taking the opiates was a good idea. I've never made it this long without suboxone so happy :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok this is the deal I had been taking 2 8 mg strips a day for two years 12 days ago I said I'm done . went cold turkey I'm on day 12 my peeps n the worse is behind me only really symptoms left is cold chills n not a lot of get up in my step. But I'm no sissy. I can deal with it . there always an excuse to stay on it n that's you and me being weak n a punk . get mad get pissed off like suboxone is someone u hate n then ull be ready to get to day 12 clean . I'll post again day 20 let ya no whats up

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you all on the xanax issue. I am just past 7 weeks stopping 16 mg cold turkey, and having trouble with sleeping still. I do take an occasional xanax, not even a whole one, like a quarter bar, and more times than not am able to sleep through the whole night! Do you know what a relief that is?