It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My story of addiction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, I am really sorry if I have repeated myself. I am new to this site as of yesterday so I am probably putting info or questions in the wrong threads. My story begins in 2003 when my husband was injured at work, his shoulder. The doc just gave him percs & I did not try any until the day after Christmas that year. I would take a couple here & there, like once a week then it progressed to twice a week. By Feb. my husband was seeking pain meds from other sources besides his doc, well the street. We had a friend who recieved 90 15 mg oxys & 190 10 mg methodones & for a ride to his doc he would give us a good amount. The methadone became my favorite. I went to school full time & worked & popped those methadones all day long. Soon I learned I could not function w/ out meds. Then my husband ended up at a pain clinic where they prescribed him the fentanyl patches. We were hooked. For two yrswe ate them like crazy, our relationship diminshed & I soon ran off to seek drugs elsewhere. I'll be back later to tell rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, I had to put my daughter down to bed so I had to come back & finish. I wasn't sure if I could edit my post to continue or how to do it so I'll just finifh it this way. My husband & I also had about anybody or everybody who was dealing drugs at our house which also lead us to do coke, crack, & pretty much anything like in pill form as well. Finally I did ran off which made my parents find me, put me in a car take me to an ER which all they said is I would have to put myself in rehab. My father called around & I stayed w/ him that night & i did go the next morning. I really wasn't ready but I thought I would try it since I did know I am an addict & was destroying my life & others who loved me. I went for a week, did everything they daid got, they gave me a script for like 2 weeks of subutext & went right back to my husband. He of course was still doind drugs, said I wasn't clean at all if I wa still taking subutext & of course I fell right into again but at least I had a feeling of what clean was like. Soon I became irritated w/ him, he had still never took a job 4 yrs later, I was working & then he left my duaghter & I one day to look for drugs. We had no heat, no phone, no car, he said he would be back in 1/2 hour. yes I know this is all my fault as well not just his, anyway he never did come back. Finally well he did 9 hours later & I had my daughter's things packed as well as my stuff & went to live w/ my Mom. He went to his parents, took a "job" in 3 hours away,he would be gone for a week at a time, home on weekends, which he just worked then spent all his money at bars and on crack. I still took opiates, cared for our daughter along w/ help from my Mom & worked. I was really getting sick & tired of the running & looking all the time. I decided my first step was to file for divorce which I did, we already had been legally seperated for about a year anyway when I started talking to my friend, who is now my fiance. So anyway like I think I have said in another post he wondered why I was doing this to myself, I called a sub clinic, wait list was like 4 months, went back to that rehab, still took opiates though until I went to see my sub doc. She is awesome & I owe her alot. She is understanding & supporting but she does want me to eventually be off of the suboxone. I am sorry it was so long & I am sure the time frame may be a little jumbled or confusing but it felt good to write at least some of it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hillbrown, that is quite the story and I know exactly how you are feeling. My boyfriend and I became so far into debt and pills that one day i looked back and had no idea how our life came to be what it is. I am also new to this site as of today and also taking my first suboxone today. Recovery is a long process both physically, mentally, and emotionally. There is always light at the end of the tunnel and just know that at least you still have your daughter and family to care for you also. Are your parents supportive? how is your daughter doing?