It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Stopping is very easy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I just wanted to say this right away before anything. This is my second round with Suboxone treatment. I was on Suboxone for about 2.5 years with a good doctor. I was terrified when I started to taper. Basically because of the unknown. I'm very familiar about Suboxone since I was on it previously. When my doctor said he wanted me to start to taper off my heart sunk into my gut. I was scared. I haven't been off any kind of opiate in like 6 years. Anyway to make a long story short I went down approximately 2mg a month. The last month I would take one 2mg pill and that was it. Doctor even told me for the last 2 weeks I could cut them in half if I wanted to. I did. Then the big day. First day with no Sub. Felt just fine. Second day, just fine. Third day I felt an urge to take a Suboxone but did not. Fourth day was the same as third. Fifth day same. Sixth day I felt normal. Seventh day I felt normal. I was freaking out, waiting for those horrible withdrawals, but nothing ever came! I just couldn't believe I survived the first week without Suboxone just fine. I was amazed. No ill effects. No feeling anxiety or restlessness. I had myself freaking out over nothing because I read all the bad stories out there. Of course I relapsed and started using again and eventually got myself back into treatment but this time I will have no worries at all when come time to taper off. Looking back at it now, anything I felt then was 100% placebo affect and all in my mind so it was even easier then what I remember. If you taper properly and the biggest thing is to NOT rush the taper. Give your body a full 30 days of a changed dose and you'll be fine. I was so happy knowing this second time around it will be very easy to get off Suboxone. And hopefully I can finally stay away from the pills, black tar, and whatever else I got my hands on.

If you have any questions about Suboxone just let me know. Like I said I'm very familiar with it and know a lot about the medication itself and the treatment. Ask me anything.

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for your story Mike. I needed to hear a story like this. I do believe that if I truely believe that everything will be OK and same as always, things will turn out just fine. It's nice to be reminded that this is true because I will be quitting in 20 days and have started to get a bit scared about it. But now I remember... that there is nothing to worry about. Thanks for sharing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi Mike and welcome!!! Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's really nice to hear a story like
yours. You are certainly right about all of the horror stories out there on the internet. It seems
like if you plan on tapering and jumping, you can just about guarantee that your right arm WILL
fall off! LOL! I do believe that a lot of it IS mind over matter. But not all of it.

Thanks for the offer to help out with info. We definitely like to have members around that are well
versed in how sub works, and all that. I am glad to hear that you were able to find your way
back to recovery. Hope to see you around the forum! Take Care~[/font]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In my opinion, both acute withdrawal and post-acute withdrawal can be greatly exacerbated by 3 major factors - age, diet, and whether or not the individual exercises.

So... if I may inquire, How old are you? Do you eat healthy and/or take vitamins? Do you exercise?

I believe your story, and think it's magnificent, but am curious to know the answers to those questions.

Thanks again for sharing.

Post subject: Mild Withdrawals
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:24 pm 

Hi Mike and Welcome to the forum! Your story is one for the reference books because it is very rare that we read about someone who quit and didn't have a bad time with it. We do have several here who didn't have bad withdrawals but they did go through some discomfort.

You mentioned that you know a lot about Suboxone. May I ask how you acquired the knowledge? Are you a professional? I know for me, the knowledge I received about Sub was acquired mostly from experience, using a search engine, and reading all the posts here on our forum. We have a physician that provides a great deal of information about it if one cares to read it.

How about some more information about yourself so we can get to know you. No matter, you are welcome to share all you want or just read.

Welcome once more,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

broseph wrote:
In my opinion, both acute withdrawal and post-acute withdrawal can be greatly exacerbated by 3 major factors - age, diet, and whether or not the individual exercises.

So... if I may inquire, How old are you? Do you eat healthy and/or take vitamins? Do you exercise?

I believe your story, and think it's magnificent, but am curious to know the answers to those questions.

Thanks again for sharing.

Sorry, been very busy with holidays and finally got around to catching up.
Here are your answers.

I am in my early 40's.
I DO NOT eat healthy. Fast food, burgers, pizza, the works.
I do not exercise.

Believe it or not I'm just a little over weight. Not by much though.

Post subject: Re: Mild Withdrawals
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi Mike and Welcome to the forum! Your story is one for the reference books because it is very rare that we read about someone who quit and didn't have a bad time with it. We do have several here who didn't have bad withdrawals but they did go through some discomfort.

You mentioned that you know a lot about Suboxone. May I ask how you acquired the knowledge? Are you a professional? I know for me, the knowledge I received about Sub was acquired mostly from experience, using a search engine, and reading all the posts here on our forum. We have a physician that provides a great deal of information about it if one cares to read it.

How about some more information about yourself so we can get to know you. No matter, you are welcome to share all you want or just read.

Welcome once more,

Rule

That's really too bad about most people having a hard time getting off of Suboxone. It's all how you taper, since the body does those fine adjustments slowly and you need to be in sync with that timing. If the Suboxone doctor doesn't want to sync up his patient's body metabolism then the search for another Suboxone doctor. I had to taper very slow, because I was very scared and frightful. The doctor I was seeing understood this and let more of my mind settle then my body. The doctor not only understood my physical issues but also my psychological ones....making it easier for me.

I know a lot about Suboxone because I researched on how it chemically affects the body. Anyone can read what Suboxone does and repeat it to anyone, but they have no idea on what's really happening. When I first started taking Suboxone a few years ago I was amazed on how it all worked so I took several body chemistry type classes and really did find out what was happening to me when I took Suboxone. Also, being a patient for several years gives me some knowledge and insight a lot of doctors don't even have. Can a doctor that has never been through withdrawal really know what it is? Trust me, I always defer to my doctor and value his word highly.

Last edited by Opentoe on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:13 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm 22, fit, eat healthy, exercise, have sex multiple times daily.

And I felt like straight shit for awhile. You're a one off for sure. I'd be curious to see what happens when you jump again.

I wouldn't say its easy. Far from it. Not everyone just magically feels fine.

Hah. Happy for you though. That's a neat trick to be able to use.

WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Over the years I have seen several people come on the forum and say they had virtually no withdrawal from Suboxone. Why don't we give people the same credibility as we give someone who says they taperd for a year or more, went off at a fraction of a microgram and says they had WD for weeks? I bet there are even more people out there who get off Sub with little fanfare and don't even bother to come on to a forum to post about it. Somehow, we give more credence to people who say it was awful. It as if we need to justify our own difficulties (?) I'm not sure.

Mike - thanks for posting your experience. Hope you can find some support in maintaining your abstinence now that you know how easy it is to slip back when you're off the Sub. (I did the same thing). Feel free to keep posting on the forum for support.

Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Lilly -

I think it's a little self misery that brings it to the table. I took advil for 3 months in a row for back pain. When i quit I didn't go blog about it, or feel like it was an intense emotional bomb mind fuck for 2 weeks.

I've read a couple of the posts about the magic fix where nothing happens when they stop too.

That brings up a point where a doctor may be messing with you. Placebo, things like that. Mind over matter. It's amazing what your mind can do when it believes it has something, or doesn't. When I believe I have enough money to pay my mortgage, I'm in good spirits. When I don't, well you get the picture.

Mike how long did you remain off subs your first time? Did you manage more than 7 days sober? What were you on before Suboxone?

And you felt ABSOLUTELY -NOTHING- different from being off suboxone? Everything is just gravy in the serotonin after 2 1/2 years of a substance limiting your pain, emotions, mood, sex drive?

Without reading a bad story in my entire life about suboxone, I felt like shit when I wouldn't take it. Anxiety and RLS through the roof. I wish I could tell myself it's in my imagination, but not sleeping for 10 days is not your imagination.

I have a hard time comprehending this personally. I'm very happy that you were able to easily get off the drug, that's an accomplishment in it's self. But absolutely no different feelings, no malaise, no IBS, no RLS, no Anxiety, no pains, aches nothing.

2MG and jumping is far from a taper, you high jumped and felt nothing. No side effects. That's a gift from above buddy. Seriously.

Congratulations on the recovery. You should be our guinea pig and cold turkey at 8mg and see if you still feel nothing. Than we might have to disect you and figure out what gives.

:)

WTBF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:05 pm 
i believe opentoe saying he felt basically nothing. And i no just ONE other person who just turned 40 actually and he got off suboxone with basically no withdraw. Oh, Well he said he had a little anxiety and that was it. Barely felt the difference in not taking it. He was at 1mg.
I understand that if you don't have bad withdraws from other stuff, then it will be the same with subs. MAYBE... I really hope your right as i've gone 4 days without and just felt a little anxious. Then day 5 hit. Whoa!! This was cold turkey at 8mg.. Bad idea.... : x
I think there is gotta be some trick to it though. (taper, DUH) Aside from all the horror stories you read from people who haven't been off a opiate for 30 years and try to cold turkey, There are alot of people who have been able to walk away from subs and don't backtrack and talk about it. I only know one person. But there has to be plenty out there. Oh wait... My aunt was one subs and the doctor put her on tramadol for 3 weeks and she walked off it all. NO PROBLEM. Interesting method since tramadol does nothing for me. Probably fear copping a seizure more then copping any sorta high off it. Which is a GOOD thing to. Plus tramadol is able to be purchased online for real real cheap.
Good luck, opentoe. I really hope everything goes just as smooth as before. I know my thoughts are scattered. But hopefully something i mentioned was of some use.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

After my very first 5 or 6 shots of heroin, I developed RLS/insomnia.I didn't realise it was related to using, cause I wasn't obsessed with taking drugs back then and I'd ride my bike as fast as I could, and run the gauntlet past the house with the man eating german shepards for fun at 2 am. Those dog's are pretty swift and after a while they knew, I'd be comming.
One night they ambushed me and the bike chain snapped at the same time, and I tried to shield myself with the bike, but they latched onto my leg,,,,

Post subject: lance armstrong syndrome
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

,,,, o.k.,,, enough on leg pulling. Bloody Lance Armstrong has put a new perspective on the term of being branded a"dope peddler". Seems his whole cycling carreer, was a built around a scam. The guy rip's off the clean riders, put's a $100mill in his pocket and get's to have a chat with Oprah. Nice one Lance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 am 
Oh man you had me in stiches thinking about antagonizing those german shepperds! Haha oh crap!! Lance armstrong needs to join this forum to. Freaking no good dope peddlar!! ; )
Opentoe how ya holding up? Still on the straight and narrow?

Post subject: Insurance
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah, Will,,,don't no if Lance has got the time to whiz in and say hello. Poor fella, he's got every man and his dog chasing him,- for a refund and he's probably gonna lose the lot. Hopefully he's got his nut insured,,,,or a good get away plan. If he came to my place, I'd tell him to go to rehab.
Update,,,Opentoe?