It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Stopping!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I stopped after a slooooowww taper two days ago. I went down to 1/32 of a strip which is about.25 mg. I think. It probably wasn't totally accurate since its kind of tough cutting those strips! So my last dose was two days ago and other than restless legs it hasn't been too bad. Maybe just the honeymoon stage and the worst is still to come??? Hope not but whatever I am D-O-N-E with this monkey on my back!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How slow was your taper? Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Suboxone since March. I had a bit of a problem with prescription pain medicine that was prescribed legitimately. Not that its any different..addiction is addiction. I only mention that because I have severed the "pill" connection and also severed my suboxone connection. That doctor was just too weird and abusive to his staff. Anyway, I started on an 8mg strip twice a day. Every 10 days or so I would drop it a fraction. Went to half twice a day, then a quarter, then a sixth, then an eighth, then a twelfth, then a sixteenth and so on until I was down to a 32nd of strip. The last drop from .25 twice a day to once a day was the toughest for me. Then after I got used to once day, I went to every 18 hours and then JUMPED! Its only been two days but I was having the restless thing at .25mg anyway. I have RLS without withddrawal though so its tough to assess. I did have the first night that feeling when you would fall asleep, I'd jerk awake. I take an old fashioned anti-dpressant at bedtime (doxepin) and that really helps me sleep most of the time so I took a little stronger dose last night and slept fitfully but I have slept like that since I've been on opiates. Tonight I'll take a stronger dose to sleep a bit better. Now the big question is..will I feel worse tomorrow or Friday?? If so, I have a social obligation on Saturday and if I have to, I'll dose myself with another.25 so I can function. I guess if I do that though I have to start all over so maybe I won't...just suck it up.