It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Stopping Suboxone
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Posted on this site several months ago in the induction forum. Was getting ready to go off heavy oxycodone use of about 3 years. Started the suboxone and leveled out at 12 mgs a day. This worked well and was planning a long term taper. Got involved in another Motorcycle accident. I broke both my wrist and compound fractured my right arm. Steel plates metal rods the whole 9 yards. Needless to say was back on pretty heavy pain meds again. It was interesting in the life flight helicoptor and then the emergency room due to the fact i was on the suboxone none of the pain meds were working. I came clean with the surgeon told him I have an opiate problem and was on the suboxone. He tried to encourage me to taper off the pain meds and forget going through the suboxone deal but I was afraid of the withdrawals knowing what it was like and went back to my sub doctor and got back on. This was probabably 2 months ago. I was going back and forth using 8 mgs some days & 4 mgs others. While not feeeling perfect I was functioning ok. I cant tell you why other than Im sick of being dependantant on anything and 6 days ago I stopped taking the suboxone. The first 3 days were not bad and I was thinking this is gonna be ok. Then came day 4. I started getting the same or worse feelings I would get trying to stop the oxycodone. With the oxycodone that feeling would come within 6 to 8 hours, this took 3 days. I have been drinking beer, taking 1/2 mg of xanax and taking clondine trying to hold on until this subsides. Gosh guys I am so upset where I have taken my life with this stuff. I am 8 years clean from Meth and dont remember it being the monster this stuff is. I have more medicine (suboxone) but being 6 days into possible freedom I just dont want to cave. I feel feeking horrible and am trying to work while feeling this way. I have my own buisness so I can fake it til I make It. I called my doctor and of course her answer was everyone is different as far as how long will this last. I have done some research and it seems as if quitting this drug can be as tough as the pain meds themselves. I somehow need the strength & courage to battle this thing. It scares me to read about the 95% failure rate of jumping at these levels. I just dont know if im a good canidate for the taper thing. Im an addict and always seem to take more. Can anyone share their experience on how long this total fatigue as well as anxiety and nervousness will continue. Thank You, Motomonkey

Post subject: Evening Day 6
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Getting near the evening of day 6 and feeling incredibaly sick. This is not good. Hanging on by a thread!!!

Post subject: Hang on!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Your story is very intriguing. I understand wanting to stop and just being over it. You are so far in now, just take some hot baths, walk or exercise if you can, and take some vitamins. Xanax certainly will help with the anxiety.
I too, did Meth forever and it was nothing compared to H or Methadone-nothing!!!
You aren't alone, just remember that if you feel like your pain is unmanageable, then you should call your doc about it and consider the options.
Keep typing! it helps!
Good luck!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Moto,
I just jumped at 8mg. High dose I know. I was on 8mg for 10 months. I took the last 4mg I had the morning of Aug. 20, This was because in true addict fashion, I took more than I was supposed to and ran out early. On my last Dr. visit he dropped my dose from 8mg to 4mg, which I believe was too much too fast. Anyway, rather than go through the whole hassle of calling the Dr. and feeling like I junkie. getting in trouble or whatever, I made up my mind and just said ENOUGH! So this means I am now on day 12. I won't lie, it straight up SUCKED and still SUCKS. I haven't been able to call in sick to work, not one day during this, (I'm an 8 to 5-er) however I have had a couple of major "freak-outs" and had to leave and go home for an early and/or long lunch to regain my composure. I'll also tell you that day No. 7 was my "fight or flight" day. I almost relapsed. I almost caved and called the Dr. I ran out of my office early as if my hair was on fire (panic attack) got in my truck, burst into tears and drove home. I have had VERY little sleep up until the last couple days. I would get 15 minutes sleep here, 30 minutes there, last night I got a whole, uninterrupted 3 hours sleep. From about 8:30 pm to about 11:30 pm. Then I caught a 20 minute nap around 6:10 am this morning and I ate a little lunch today and fell asleep on the couch for 40 minutes and IT WAS GLORIOIUS! 'Cuz lemme tell ya, the insomnia, restless legs & annoying bone pain are my worst complaints the whole time, up until and including today. Although today is better I just noticed. It's wierd, its coming and going in waves at this point. The fatigue is still an issue, legs feel like they don't wanna hold me up and my lower back is barking, but not as bad as the last day or the day before that. I did have like 3 cups of coffee this morning and quickly regretted it, because I got too amp'd up and my axiety peaked and I had to leave the building and walk around the block and have a smoke, which I regretted also 'cuz IT got me all dizzy and yicky feeling. Anyway, what I'm saying is this shit is NASTY, it just hangs on and lingers, and the longer this lingers, the stronger my resolve gets never to return to it. There's nothing like it. I've experienced WD's from just about every opiate you can name and never had any last nearly 2 damn weeks. Moto, just get through day 7, then day 8, then every day after that you'll notice little things here and there and say to yourself, hey, this or that doesn't suck as bad today as it did yesterday :) HANG IN THERE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RsjxRsj,

Wow, you just told my story. I jumped from a high dose of Suboxone too, I went through exactly what you're going through. I remember vividly the thought of being held together with tissue paper. The slightest bump in the road of life and I would completely fall apart. I had crying fits too......it hurts physically and mentally jumping off Suboxone from that high of a dose. I mean it was excruciating at times. The lack of sleep drove me banana's. Sitting up, 2am, 3am, 4am.....knowing that everyone else in the world was sleeping peacefully....SUCKS!!!

Listen, do yourself a HUGE favor and get some Clonidine. Clonidine is a Blood Pressure medication that's prescribed off label for opiate wd. I waited until day 30 of my wd to get it, I wish I would have got some sooner. It made a hell of a difference. It also has a sedative effect, aka SLEEP. Clonidine calms the Sympathetic Nervous System, the SNS is part of why you're going nuts right now. Trust me, get some Clonidine.

Good luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Romeo thanks, right before my induction, I was given clonidine and have heard many talk about it, but I don't have a CLUE how to get any. RX only right? I DO have my regular appointment with my Dr. on September 9th. He has no idea I've stopped. Kinda nervous about the appointment, 'cuz I didn't "clear" this with him first. So I'll just hang tight 8 more days, 12 down, I can do 8 more. But yeah, it's so funny (not) right now, ketchup and dog food commercials make me cry. Tissue paper, good analogy. Last Friday, what would have been Day 6 I think. I was leaving work in one of my "I've got to get out of this coffin of an office" panics, and nailed a knee-wall in the parking garage, JUST made the last payment a week prior. Effin' sucked. Been faking the flu all week, tired of that too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can just go to your primary care doctor, he should have no problem giving you Clonidine. Tell him you're going through opiate wd. You can certainly wait until you see your Suboxone Dr. too, he might be a little miffed that you jumped, but that's his problem. Tell him to be quiet and give you some Clonidine!! LOL!! OK, maybe telling him to be quiet is not the best way to do it!!

Yeah, I could be watching Sponge Bob with my daughter and bust into tears....AWKWARD!!! It gets better Rsj, I promise you, it gets better. I've been off of Suboxone for over a year now, it's been tough, but it's also been very rewarding.

Have you gotten any of the sneeze attacks yet?? Have you got the weird smell thing stuck in your nose thing yet??

NO. WAY. You smacked your car up?? That BITES!!! I know I would have just about lost my mind if that had happened to me.

Hang tough dude, you can AND are doing this!!!

Post subject: Caved
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Guys & Gals I caved at the end of day 6. I took 4 mg and within 30 minutes felt almost perfect. I have a new found respect for how powerful this crap is. So day 7 I took 4 mg and today day 8 I took 2mg and feel ok at best. I am going to try this taper and get a little more used to the lower dose. Please tell me the withdrawal will be a little better. Ive been pretty hard on myself. I feel like I relapsed even though my doctor had no idea I was gonna just up and jump. She wanted me to start slowly tapering 1 to 2 mg every other day from what i was taking 4 to 8. Like any good compulsive addictive addict I wanted it all and I wanted it now. This drug is some mean ass shit I tell you. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your replys they really help. Peace Out, Moto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 13! And I slept! I think like 5 hours! I took a cocktail of NyQuil, Benedryl & a HIGH dose of Lope. - OMG Romeo, I just almost spit my decaf. The sneeze attacks! W-T-F Is that about anyway? Every time I've gone into WD in the past I've had that watery runny sneezy thing of course, but THIS? It's ridiculous! People I've known for years that have never even heard me sneeze have been laughing their asses off all week at me and my "sneeze attacks". And the smell? yeah, I've got the dirty sock smell stuck in my nose. I forgot I had a nose and I'm disgusted at how my house smells, the way my truck smells, every sense is on overload right now, my hearing, my vision, I HAVE PUPILS? - And my brain, I'm very surprised at how wicked quick I am. From work to smart-ass come-backs, quick.... So anyway I'm feelin' alright this morning. A little nagging back ache (better than yesterday), I'm cold & fatigued (of course). But compared to where I've been? gravy. A little background, I'm a 7-year addict. 7 straight years of any and every opiate known to man-kind. I'm a closet addict too. Nobody in my family, work, or closest circle of friends know I even have a problem much less that I've been in "treatment" the last 10 months. I'm a great actor and an even better liar. We addicts are good huh. See, I started after being ejected from a rolling vehicle & from that first dose of morphine & running script of percs. I knew that was how I wanted to feel the REST of my life. So naive then. So anyway I graduated on to strictly online resources for the "junk". UPS, FedEx & U.S.P.S. were my drug dealers for the last 4 years. Which is good, because in the 10 months I've been on Sub, my sources have dried up or disappeared & shipping always took FOR-EV-ER anyway and so there is virtually no way for me to relapse at this point.

Hey Moto, do NOT beat yourself up over that ok? There is NO way I could taper, NO way I could have that stuff within a 100 mile radius of me and NOT take it. I won't lie, I would take a sub RIGHT NOW if I knew there was so much as a crumb somewhere... That's why I had to jump when I did. I painted myself into a corner, ran out. I had no-one to "dole" them out to me. Which is why a taper could never work for me and CT was the ONLY way I've come this far. That shit IS a pit-bull, ferocious, it's does NOT wanna let go. But this is a war, made up of many battles, you'll have good battles, you'll have not so good battles, the object is to win the war in end right? So you fought a GREAT battle! 6 Days! That's nothin' to sneeze at (pun intended). At least now you know your enemy a little more intimately and you'll be a more prepared when YOU choose your next battle. *SNEEZE*

Post subject: Re: Caved
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

motomonkey wrote:
Guys & Gals I caved at the end of day 6. I took 4 mg and within 30 minutes felt almost perfect. I have a new found respect for how powerful this crap is. So day 7 I took 4 mg and today day 8 I took 2mg and feel ok at best. I am going to try this taper and get a little more used to the lower dose. Please tell me the withdrawal will be a little better. Ive been pretty hard on myself. I feel like I relapsed even though my doctor had no idea I was gonna just up and jump. She wanted me to start slowly tapering 1 to 2 mg every other day from what i was taking 4 to 8. Like any good compulsive addictive addict I wanted it all and I wanted it now. This drug is some mean ass shit I tell you. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your replys they really help. Peace Out, Moto

Dude, this stuff is truly powerful and I'm glad you realized that! I think underestimating the binding affinity of Sub is a recipe for disaster, because the w/d can be very long, especially if you consider the PAWS that can follow the acute. Then, people feel like they failed when they cannot handle the acute or cannot snap out of the PAWS. This takes time, whether you jump off high or taper down very low. Either way, this is something you really have to want to do. I tried tapering many times and, once I decided I wanted off, it was something I wanted right then. So, when it got tough because I went too quickly, I'd just throw in the towel and go back UP. Ridiculous! I'm not that smart, though, because I had to do that many times before it finally clicked. This time, I'm making it. I'm down to .125 mg. I started at 8 mg in late Oct. '10. As you can see, it can take a while! And 1/8 mg is still a potent dose, believe it or not. I still have a ways to go, since I'd like to ease off it and not be miserable or miss out on anything. However, I can feel the progress I've made. Your body is much happier when you let it gradually let go, rather than shocking it by taking away something it relies on to operate normally.

Try to be patient. Why make yourself sick? Moderation is a huge victory in itself. There may seem to be progress in pain, but it will eventually wear you out. There's no deadline. All the time I spent pushing it and then giving up....if I had just been moderate and patient, I would have been done years ago. Just don't give up if this is something you really want.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rsj,

Yeah, my wife was real happy when my smart ass comebacks came flying back!! LOL!!!

Glad to hear you got some sleep. AHHH, sleep! Love it!!

Rsj said, "I'm a great actor and an even better liar. We addicts are good huh.", when it comes to scoring our drugs and hiding it from others, were amazingly clever and talented.

Hang tough Bud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

UGH, day 14, two weeks.
I had a really rough afternoon and night last night. I had one of those "waves" come over me and it was as if I was right back to day 6 or 7. Anyway, It's 5:30am now, been awake since about 1:00am. I did sleep from 9pm to 1 am. All I got to say is thank got it's Saturday and I don't have to fight my way through work for 8 hours today! Gonna have a hot shower, a walk and try the sleep thing again.
RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Motomonkey--
Do it your way amigo. But keep the goal in mind!'

RSJ--
Congrats dude. You are fierce man. I also jumped without a parachute at 8mgs a day for two years. I am now on Day 40. I feel pretty normal now--I can fall aslepp now but find myself waking early no matter what--like around 5:30 or so. But part of my problem is while on the Subs I was staying up way late--like 3 and 4--watching TV, playing video games, etc. For some reason I thught I was really loving it. But after I stopped the Subs--I lostr that desire and want a normal sleep patrtern. Anyway man--for me it was Days 5-12 that were the worst. After that I still felt sucky--but some of the symptoms were goign away and I would have alternating good and bad days. Teh fatigue was horrible--just walking my first grader to his class was like walking through oil sludge. And yeah--the stomach issues. I still have a weird stomach at times. But mentally I feel sharp. Physically I am about 90%. And emotionally I feel pretty good. It is so worth a few days of pain to get back your life, Sometimes I just had to get ticked at the drug and the pain--and would say SCREW IT and make myself run or do something. You are doing great my friend. Stay with it. And let me know if I can help. You can always PM me. Also--Romeo is a great encouragement. He really helped me through the tunnel. Take care dude. Freedom is in your reach.

brian

BTW--I didnt clear it with my doc either. I ran out of pills and money. After nine days I called her and she said I was probably through the worst of it and said call if I needed anything. I never looked back!

Last edited by brian__TX on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hang in there Rsj, the wave that hit you this morning will start to diminish soon. You got 14 days dude!!! You're rocking this thing!!

I hate to sound like a broken record, but some Clonidine would help. It's non-addictive. I was on Clonidine for months and months and months. I stopped the Clonidine with no problems whatsoever.

Brian__Tx, good to hear from you again, I'm stoked that you're doing so well. Keep your eye on the prize guys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys, heading out day 14 into 15. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hanging in there. Today was another rough day for some reason. I did have a short "nap" early this morning and then another around 2, about 30 minutes.
I'm dying to go to sleep right now. So tired. The fatigue IS incredible. I have NEVER had it this bad... I keep thinking well, at least I'm not doubled over in the bathroom floor this time. Been there done that... The Clonidine is sounding really good. I just don't have a primary care physician, I'm never sick! I've never needed a Dr. for legitimate purposes LOL. However, I'm seriously thinking about going into one of the walk in clinics in town tomorrow. I just hate doing that though, I have this vision of getting tossed out on my ass, you know. Get outta here junkie you're getting what you deserve type of bullshit. What do I say when I go in there ya know?
Earlier this afternoon I kept looking at my cell phone and thinking about placing a call into my shrink and politely screaming Help ME you MF! But I never got the nerve up to place the call. Glad I didn't. God I wish I could try some of that Clonidine.
Anyway guys I'm going to go have my 3rd hot shower of the day and try and crawl in bed and see what happens.
I'll probably be back here babbling some more here soon. I'm pretty delirious and starting to really look like total dog shit. It was 103 degrees today and I spent most of the day wrapped in a blanket freezing to death. Did have a couple walks down the road to the mailbox, couldn't tell it helped me much. It was more effort than I had expected. I got to the mailbox and wanted to call a friend to come pick me up and take me back home (100 yards at most) LOL. *sigh*
But as long as I know I'm either nearing the halfway point at least, or closing in on the "hump" I know I can do this. It's a holiday weekend so MY shrink wouldn't be around to help me anyway, and plus my truck is in the shop from me wrecking in the parking garage so I'm pretty much home bound. With my cat. Who by the way generally couldn't care less about me most of the time, but these past 4-5 days, this cat will NOT leave me alone! Every time I turn around he's right here! in my face, wanting to lay on me, near me, mostly on me... I think he thinks I'm dying therefore he is gonna die too. Prolly just hangin' around so he can nibble off my toes if I did die. Wish I could sleep like that little F$#ker.

Thanks again you guys, love you all and I have MUCH respect for you other "High Jumpers" AS WELL as you guys with the self discipline to taper. An incredible feat in and of itself.
-RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Crap dude, I was hoping that you wouldn't get slammed like you did yesterday and today. I know exactly how you feel, I had a period in the very early days of my wd where I distinctly remember thinking, "hey, I'm feeling better, this is cool", then I ended up going back to shit again. I call that my dead cat bounce......I figured I'd throw the cat reference in there after you so eloquently referred to your cat nibbling your toes off after you die!! LOL!!! At least your sense of humor is still intact, you made me chuckle good a couple of times during your last post.....actually, during most of your posts.

Several of us high jumpers noticed a big difference around the 30 day mark. I happened to start Clonidine at day 30, so I noticed a real big difference. The Clonidine won't make you feel like a million bucks, but it'll definitely make a difference.

If you do decide to go into a clinic to get some Clonidine, tell them the truth Rsj!! Tell them you're a recovering opiate addict, you got on Suboxone to help you stay clean, now you're off of Suboxone and would like some Clonidine to help ease the wd's. The worst thing that can happen is they boot you out, the best thing, however, you get some Clonidine!! BTW, I took .1mg of Clonidine twice daily. Yeah, .1mg is right. Be sure they don't think you're asking for Klonopin, that's a benzo (valium/xanax kinda thing). Doctors seem to mix Clonidine and Klonopin up sometimes. They're two TOTALLY different drugs.

Oh Yeah, I hear ya on wishing you could sleep like your cat!! I used to curse my wife as she was sleeping like a baby while I was downstairs going through nine kinds of hell because I couldn't sleep!! OPIATE WD SUCKS!!

Vent away all you want if it helps. Scream like a maniac if you need to. Get it out. Most all of us here understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*Roller Coaster! Woo Hooo Hoo Roller Coaster*

Ahhh Hi guys,
I am BACK! Day 15, Feeling GREAT (but cautiously so). Today is the first day since I stopped, that I have actually been doing stuff around the house and actually forgotten that anything was wrong with me!
This is because I finally bit the bullet and went to my local clinic after my last post, have insurance, was seen promptly, told the doc. straight up what I was going through and who my issuing psychiatrist was, he took one look at my face and my posture & blood pressure, and did not hesitate. Sent me home with a script of clonodine and a small script of 1mg Xanax and small script of 1mg Xanax XR. I came home, took as directed, VIOLA! Sleep! And upon wakening, a little fatigue, but thassit. So Hopefully I have turned the corner. No creepy crawlies, or RLS etc. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, 103 degrees this time yesterday, 69 degrees right now. I am fuh-REEZing. Wacky-ass weather.
But I mean, if tomorrow is anything like this afternoon I'm going to invent the "I kicked suboxone's ass dance"!
I'll be back! Hopefully with more good news.
-RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RsjxRsj, you are so tough! Obviously, if you could endure this long, you are going to make it. Good for you for crying "uncle" and getting some meds. I really cannot imagine going through the entire thing w/o any meds at all. Clonidine is a lifesaver and having a benzo for emergency anxiety is a must.

Congrats on making it 15 days and here's to feeling better and better!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you miss LadderTipper, I've actually been reading your posts and you're one tough cookie yourself and have my respect :-) But yeah, I came to the realization early this morning when I started hallucinating during infomercials that something had to give and I needed to suck it up and ask for some kind of assistance. Also stocked up on multivitamins, B12 & all that. Come Tuesday I plan to start taking the 10 flights of stairs in my building rather than the lift, etc. But Jeezus this has been tough. Whew, I have my next and probably last appointment with my sub doc on the 9th which I have mixed feelings about. I don't know whether to hug the guy or punch him in his money maker! *kidding*no I'm not*

Hey Brian, fellow Texan high jumper, I meant to thank you directly as well. Can't wait till I can say day 40, 50, then ultimately lose count if that's possible. I think Aug. 20 and the following Weeks will stay with me forever, as they should.

I'll post again later, hopefully TOMORROW
-RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I forgot something...
Motomonkey, I SO did not intend to hijack your thread and I wanted to ask you how YOU were doing. You gave it hell! 6 days is tremendous! Just know when the time is right for YOU, you too will be able to dig deeep down, find your strength and pull it off. I'm a huge sissy baby and I don't mind saying that. So if I can make it this far, I'm positive others can too.