It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, I've been on suboxone for about 2 years, my original addiction was vicodin, during those 2 years I was on 8mg / day, and as of now, I've tapered to 1mg / day... and my doctor has decided that he will no longer provide any more suboxone, other than the 2 to 3 days I have left of it, because most of the issues are "in my head", or "psychological", as he says. I do have some major anxiety / panic disorder issues, along with PTSD as I'm an OEF war vet. But, as much as I'd like to just stay on the suboxone for the rest of my life, I don't like the fear of running out... ruling my life. So for the most part, I agree that I should stop suboxone.

But I am so freaking scared.

I went through a day of vicoden withdrawls, as that was the worst pain I ever felt; last week, I tried to stop suboxone (though I still had the pills in my possession) but it got really bad; that was the second worst pain I ever felt... in a all-encompasing way as the suboxone withdrawls were heavily mentally painful as well as physically painful. It was like a really bad flu, but with these disturbing cold sweats (that was 36 hours after the final suboxone). The mental issues in the withdrawl were even worse, I just wanted to die, it was like all the negative emotions in the world consumed me... but mostly a ton of anxiety with a touch of depression.

So, you can imagine my ambivilence about actually stopping this time, with no suboxone pills in my possession (or other opiates, I threw them all out), so I'm hoping that those here who have experience with coming off suboxone and the withdrawls will have some advice for me, and will be able to answer some of my questions (and hopefully remove any un-needed fears I have). I really appreciate the help.

To clarify, the taper from 8mg / day to 1.5mg / day wasn't hard, I did it very quickly, every 5 days, per my doctor, I would go down 1 mg, or 0.5 mg in the later stages. I've been on 1mg / day for about a week now.

Here's my questions:

1. How long, on average, do the acute withdrawls (bad flu symptoms and mental freak out) last? I've heard suboxone withdrawl lasts anywhere from 1 week to 6 months, and my doctor has no answers... but I just want an average duration of all those who have come off, how long do the withdrawls symptoms stick around after about the 12 hour mark after the last suboxone pill? I just need a time frame, because not knowing just freaks me out.

2. What tips do you all have about dealing with the suboxone withdrawls? So far, I have listed these from my research:
-TAKE HOT BATHS & SHOWERS
-EXERCISE 30 MINUTES DAILY
-GET OUT AND WALK
-DRINK LOTS OF GATORADE
-TAKE CLONODINE, EXTRA TYLENOL, EXTRA XANAX, IMMODIUM, DAYQUIL / NIGHTQUIL AS NEEDED

anything to add to that?

3. Is the taper that I have done sufficient? Was it too fast? Should I be on a smaller dose for a while longer to minimize the withdrawal duration and degree of pain? Should I have cut the suboxone down to 1/8th's or even 1/16th's? I'm on two 1/4th's per day (1mg) now.

4. And.. the fears... likely irrational fears... but fears nevertheless, they need to be dealt with, are they truth or myth?
-Do you hallucinate during withdrawals?
-Will I not be able to sleep during withdrawls?
-Am I going to slip into temporary insanity because of the mental effects and insomnia caused by the withdrawls?
-Can I die from these withdrawls? Will I want to die?
-At what point (T minus last suboxone) will the withdrawls reach their peak in intensity?
-Will I be able to function in my daily life (going to college classes, driving, etc.); I ask this because after my 36 hour withdrawl I found myself to be a very bad driver, easily lost and confused.

5. My plan now is to just go on with my usual work schedule, college classes and all that while withdrawling, with the hopes that it will be distracting and I will be around people. But is this not a good idea? I know some people remain bed-ridden during their withdrawls... I can't see myself doing that, the days would be LONG and I want them to be short... but maybe it's for the best?

6. Anything else that you can tell me, that really helps a person get through suboxone withdrawls, I'd greatly appreciate it.

(sorry the post is so long, brevity is not my strong suit, kinda overly-thorough I know)

Thanks all, I need all the help I can get.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have to say I am surprised ur dr wants u to get off of them???? Mine didnt i just quit going to him and right now i am day 17 w no subs no kinda opiates.

Now the real deal w/ the subs is ur taper......Do u still have subs left??? If so how many? I ask becuz I truely believe the key to getting off of the subs is how u taper down i tapered down to a little itty bitty square of a film literally the smallest i could cut and my worse day was 5 & 6 becuz the sub has a hell of a half life unfortunatly BUT u have to remember everyones w/drawl is different it really is.

All the research u did ur list all good stuff & the exercise & the hottest baths u can stand b4 bed and then when u get out of that hot ass bath do nothing just go straight to bed dont talk to anyone dont smoke a cig NOTHING....LOL In my house they know after ive taken my bath dont screw with me cuz that might b the only sleep i get!!!!

Thats probably the worst part is the insomnia & restless arms and legs and the baths usually help that i take sum melatonin and tylenol pm.....try to stay away from the xanis but i admit it theyve helped me a few times get sum rest!!!! I totally cut out caffieene for now i felt like it was adding to the restless feeling.

I probably didnt answer all ur questions I am fairly new to this forum myself but it has helped me greatly the folks on here are pretty awesome and have great advice.

Try to be positive and if u can work then u should work but its not bad to take a few days off....I took the 1st 7 days off from my job!!!!

So good luck let me know how ur doing!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:13 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hello my good man,

I did 5 years on 10mg, and tapered down to .04-.02mg.

I had barely any physical symptoms, ( a few aches and pains)

But, I did get my fair share of insomnia, which is lifting now, after 40 days.

I would say, if you want to avoid all physical stuff, like GI issues, malaise, no hunger, RLS, sweating,...etc
Then go below .1 mg and stay there until you are 100% comfotable. ie. no sleep loss, or any discomfort.
This could be as long s 1-3 months.

If you want to avoid insomnia, then you would have to taper from .04 to .001, over a period , where you get no sleep loss.

When I was doing it, at around .04 mg, (0.02mg in essence), I was losing sleep anyway, consistently 2 hours each night for a week, so i thought stuff it, and jumped, and got smacked with about 30-40 days of medium to light insomnia.

If I had my time over, I would have spent another 6-12 months tapering down to .001, I probably could have escaped scott free.

This is for someone else to do, obviously.

Please keep in mind I tapered over 2.5 years, and had no real issues ever, until .04 mgs.

HS

I think what it comes down to is, how much time do you have, and how much do you dislike, feeling crap.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2CQ94aXDoQ&list=PL046CE0F5A5ED96EB&index=7[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RASNQrfa3ig[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMcXOTj1z8[/youtube]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didnt watch the videos above, so this may be redundant, but I would taper to 0.5 or even 0.25mg. Coming off that small of a dose will be relatively painless. Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Neurontin (gabapentin)

It helped so drastically during my first few weeks of withdrawal. Of course, I was jumping from .5mg, but 1 mg isnt drastically higher than .5. Its labeled as non addictive, so I think it's fairly safe. Do some research on it.

So there's another tool to put in your repertoire in case you need it.

Post subject: Grats bro
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi
I was really touched by your post. My story is a little different in some ways but similar too. My deal was that I hadrun out ofSubs early and the docwouldnt refill. I was already getting tiredof the monthly expense and thtis was the final straw. i got more mad at the addiction than the comfortof the pills--soi stopped that day a7 8mgs a day after two years. Stopped cold. the things that helped me most was going into it like a warrior lol By that I mean i knew i would have a fight on my hands and treated it mentally like that, Instead of just being miserable in the pain i reminded myself that every minute of pain was another minute when this orange bastard was getting beat. Yeah I didnt feel great. My main issues the first couple of weeks were sleeplessness and just a very lethargic feeling--like it took every bit of me just to get up. I also had frequent trips to the bathroom and was generally uncomfortable.

But...within a few weeks I noticed some things.I began dreaming again at night as sleep came back. My sex drive went through the roof. Most my symptoms went away in the first month or so except for the sluggishness--that was with me for about 4-5 months at least. But dude--I knew I had to make it work and so do you. You CAN do this bro. It isnt easy but its liberating. Keep those things that are important to your life in view and do it for them and yourself. I also did a post called "No Easy Pathway But It Can Be Done" on here. Anyway man--good luck. As a veteran you are already a warrior. Make it work for you and when you are hurting--just remember the pain means you are winning.

BTW--it seems like forever sometimes when you are going through it--but truthfully for me after the first few weeks ot became a routine of making it happen. Some days it seemed like it would never end--the tiredness, etc. And I didnt do a few things I coulda/shoulda like working out more, diet changes, etc. that prob would have helped. What did help was dudes in here like Romeo and alot of others who had been through it. Bottom line--I feel awesome today. I have my life back. My mponey goes to my family now and not my issues. And you will get your life back too bro.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

you have a lot of good info to work with already. i can tell you this...showers, check. works wonders. gatorade, check. excercise, check check. add sex, yer gonna wanna scrump. yay!

gonja. lots and lots of gonja, if yer so inclined. i would try my hardest to not take *anything* that is going to put you in the same hole yer trying to climb out of. benzos, opiates, etc.

to answer yer ?s...
-Do you hallucinate during withdrawals?
no.
-Will I not be able to sleep during withdrawls?
yes. yer going to miss some zzzs. keeping busy and active during the day helped me. also, i just accepted that this is a part of the process. i drove myself batty real quick by listening to the loop in my head of "am i going to be able to sleep? i really need some sleep. am i going to be able to get more than 20 mins if i do fall asleep?" i've watched a whole lotta movies and tv over the last week, not gonna lie. but it's improving already, and every minor improvement feels major.
-Am I going to slip into temporary insanity because of the mental effects and insomnia caused by the withdrawls?
probably not, but i've been a lil cray my whole life, so...
-Can I die from these withdrawls?
hell no! there are posts upon posts of ppl who've gone a real hardcore route and they're still above ground.
Will I want to die? for like an hour. it passes. however, if this is a concern for you, make a plan for that.
-At what point (T minus last suboxone) will the withdrawls reach their peak in intensity?
i think this all depends on amts, taper, person. 2 days after my last dose, i was feeling it. but by day 6, i am seeing improvement.
-Will I be able to function in my daily life (going to college classes, driving, etc.); I ask this because after my 36 hour withdrawl I found myself to be a very bad driver, easily lost and confused.
yer not going to *want* to do anything but veg, but can you function? hells yeah. again, lots of ppl out there who didn't fall off the face of the earth for 6 mos or no one would be getting off this junk. driving is probably gonna be pretty low on the pole of things to sweat honestly. give yerself extra time.

my own experiences here. i think what it all boils down to is if you are ready and want to quit, you CAN and you WILL! pm me anytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You guys have been incredibly helpful in your reply posts, thank you so much.

Tomorrow is the day... I'm all out of suboxone (except for a few dust particles, lol) as of 4pm today, I had my last dose.

(skip to the last 2 paragraphs if you want to bypass my ramblings about the psychology of withdrawls)

I gotta say it is freaking me out... but, I have been so anxious about coming off suboxone for the last few weeks that really I'm at the point where I have to accept that there is nothing I can do about the situation (my doc won't give me more that's for sure), and I've done my research on what will help with the withdrawls; and really, how bad can it be? Is it as bad as leprosy? Leukemia? I don't think so. The problem is just that matter of choice, when you're sick, you do everything you can to fix it, but essentially you accept that you're sick and that there's nothing you can do about it, end of story. But when withdrawling from a drug, you know exactly what will stop the pain, and if it is within your grasp... well, it would take someone of a supernatural willpower to not take the pill, to endure the pain even in the worst of times while still not going for the pill. That's why I have scraped together all old vicodin and tramadol and threw them out; then tore apart my house looking for old suboxone I had lost, because I know that I'd be searching for them in the middle of withdrawling, and taking one then would just waste all that time spent in painful withdrawls.

It's the point of no return.

I am ambivilant about this course of action, however. From what I've read here, and in other place, it seems like I should be going down to even smaller doses for an even longer time. I've only been on 1mg a day for a week or two, that can't be enough for my brain to adapt, can it? The other item is actually something our doc here mentioned in the youtube videos, that there really is no reason why a person can't be on the suboxone for the rest of their life; but of course this is a small argument, I know why I should do it.... it's just, I don't want to do it. I have tests coming up for all four classes I'm taking in college... how the heck am I going to study.. or even take the tests while I'm withdrawling and barely being able to function to suit my basic needs? I guess that's where what my good man said in the above.... 'the warrior mentality', I like it, and I totally identify. As much as I hate 'grin & bear it' ideology, it does seem like the only logical solution here.

I'm not afraid of the physical aspects of the withdrawl.... at all (except of course if you consider insomnia physical). I'm afraid of the detioration of my mental state, the panic attacks, the lack of sleep, the surreality, the persistant anxiety, and the social communication impairment (anybody else get that? like... not knowing what to say, rambling about things, etc.). I already know what state I'm going to be in, I will likely become desperate. Desperate for anything that feels good.

Okay sorry, let me get to the point.:
Tomorrow, I see my suboxone doctor (at the VA, by the way). I've felt like this guy has been rather harsh from the start, and a bit arrogant. But he knows suboxone inside and out, and I least think he's got my best interest in mind. But I am simply going to disagree with his method of treatment, on the basis that a longer taper at lower doses would better suit me, given that I am prone to extreme anxiety & panic attacks, which the withdrawl can and likely will cause. These are the kind of panic attacks that land you in the ER at best, or bring you close to a heart attack or seizure at worst; my diagnosis is chronic panic disorder with PTSD. So I hope you can see why I am making a big deal about this; people who haven't experienced a panic attack don't know how bad it really is. Anyway, I digress.

My first day of withdrawling is tomorrow, and I see my doctor tomorrow, any questions I should ask him in particular? I will ask him if I could get some neurotonin, and yeah I have been on that medication before, didn't do anything though, but I understand how it could help me in this circumstance. I'm also trying to get clonodine. And of course I will make my statement about how I think it would be better to do a longer taper, but I know he'll just disagree, but my objection to his methods must be written down for the record. Oh and if you're wondering why I get into all these things in detail, you see, I'm a psychology major (neuroscience focus) at the University of Colorado, and my life long goal is to work in psychiatric research, improving the methods and tools used in psychiatry. I have a passion for it because I know just how painful mental illness can be, and how ever increasingly prevelant (and dangerous, for some) the mentally ill population is becoming. Maybe going through this will give me some empathy for drug addicts. Gotta keep positive right?

The last few weeks, facing the idea of coming off suboxone... has been a roller coaster ride of emotions; I will get really worked up and nervous about it, and then after going out and doing my regular errands and what not, having time to think about it and talk with people, I find a sort of peace about coming off suboxone.... then I start worrying again, because of a very stupid reason, which is that I figure my past self, who had worried to such a great extent about the issue, couldn't have been all wrong, and that there is something very serious to worry about, then the 'peace' fades and I head back into panic-ville. Sometimes, supporting comments from my family (who knows about my situation) act as triggers, as they check in on me and seem worried about me, I feel my worrying has been validated and therefore is something not to be stuffed away.

Okay, another serious question. I know many of you will have a knee-jerk reaction to this, but think about it carefully before you form an opinion. I was getting really nervous this evening, so I decided to have some beers, 2 and a half beers. The worry then went away. Yes this is because alchohol is a CNS depressant. In the past, though I never was more than a weekend drinker, I stopped drinking as the depression after my deployment was making me suicidal, and alchohol intoxication led me very close to actually doing it, and it also inhibited me enough to stupidly self-injure every other day. But, I am 98% certain that I would not get back on the booze if I used alchohol as a tool during my withdrawl period. I guess the same concern can be said of Xanax, and how I plan on taking maybe 1 extra here and there to help with the anxiety side of the withdrawls. I understand the trepedation, but for Xanax at least, I'm already addicted, at 5mg / day, and this will be my next target drug to come off after suboxone. And I see no issue with going back to the 5mg / day dose after the withdrawls are over.

Well, sorry I wrote a book again... these are all the things I want to tell my psychiatrist, but there just isn't enough time to mention all these things to him, heck most of our meetings involve mostly just him talking.

Here's to grinning and bearing it! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

blu-

Quote:
how bad can it be? Is it as bad as leprosy? Leukemia? I don't think so. The problem is just that matter of choice, when you're sick, you do everything you can to fix it, but essentially you accept that you're sick and that there's nothing you can do about it, end of story.

i agree with this 100%.

Quote:
But when withdrawling from a drug, you know exactly what will stop the pain, and if it is within your grasp... well, it would take someone of a supernatural willpower to not take the pill, to endure the pain even in the worst of times while still not going for the pill.

this tho, i don't agree with. i don't think i have any willpower, much less supernatural willpower, but i know i can kick this sub's ass!! i truly feel it's all in the want to, need to, GOT TO.

Quote:
I am ambivilant about this course of action, however. From what I've read here, and in other place, it seems like I should be going down to even smaller doses for an even longer time. I've only been on 1mg a day for a week or two, that can't be enough for my brain to adapt, can it? The other item is actually something our doc here mentioned in the youtube videos, that there really is no reason why a person can't be on the suboxone for the rest of their life; but of course this is a small argument, I know why I should do it.... it's just, I don't want to do it. I have tests coming up for all four classes I'm taking in college... how the heck am I going to study.. or even take the tests while I'm withdrawling and barely being able to function to suit my basic needs?

i'm confused by this. are you really wanting to get off this shit or what? do you want a longer, slower taper? if yer already turning to alcohol and you haven't even started w/ds yet, it might not be the right time for you to try and jump off. i am not judging by any means, but it sounds awfully risky to me to be drinking when you just stated that "alchohol intoxication led me very close to actually doing it". sounds like a little bit of a red flag to me.

regardless, good luck at yer dr's appt tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

blu- steady as she goes brother...first two days should be cake, was for me and many others, took me third attempt to break past day 3, first two times, i broke and doses the smallest spec, couldn't even taste it, stopped all wd dead in their tracks, this prolonged my wd, also i think it eased up my wd as well. i think it is very important to understand (your doc is a dick) btw but i don't see the trouble i hit on day 3 to be failed attempts at all, i did at first, but i understand it now to be a simple adjustment to my taper...i believe, if possible, this mission is not to be rushed,pressured from outside sources, and personal, most of us take to writing in outlets such as this, whatever helps. i hear a lot of suggestions to prep yourself with clonidine and scripted sleep meds, seems that every and any e-room visit will send this very combo out the door with you? i wish i had known before, but i am balls deep now and i am not turning back, past day 3, only gets better from there if u ask me. sleep is a past memory to me now, i kid myself and view sleep as a past ex gf that i actually miss, "yeah, we had good times, but there doesn't seem to be anything i can do about it now, she's moved on...as should i" and settle in to the age old answer to most things that suck, time heals, except this time is called clean time but just the same. as for the absense of a collected mind? well, if your reading this? what does that tell ya...lol...i don't have the demanding schedule that you have, and i thank god for that most days, that's me, many have done it with without the time off, thank your doc for that one. so yeah, i'm off most of the time, funny thing is, i think i am at an elevated creative level while i'm posting stuff, next day i look at it and giggle.

dirty south- i've always admired the way southern folk seem to have the ability to say less and mean more, know this is not a man crush, an observation from a yankee no less. a yank that spends a fair amount of time in the sorthern states and a huge fan of southern music, dbt!!!

if i had to do it again, i would've tapered to the .1 mg or less, i jumped off at about .5 - that is why i think the doc that stops someone so fast doesn't know all there is to know about subs, or they are sadists...moving on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'd like to update you in regards to my coming off the medications. I really appreciate your support through this.

Okay so I saw the doctor today, and we came to a comprimise; his concern is primarily the fact that I am on too many sedatives (the strongest being Xanax), and that it would be dangerous to remain on suboxone any longer, while also on the 5mg / day Xanax. SO, I agreed to come off Xanax. He said that once I come off those benzodiazapines then I will have more wiggle room to work with coming off suboxone. So, I handed over all my remaining Xanax then and there, and was given Clonazopam to taper off of (Clonazopam is a benzo, but it's weaker than Xanax, and easier to come off). He is gonna bring me down on the Clonazopam every week by 1mg until I'm off, so that should be approx. 6 weeks, then I face the Xanax withdrawls, but they shouldn't be as bad as the Suboxone withdrawls. And after that point I will have more options (according to my doctor) as to how I taper off of suboxone, and it can be done at that time without using Xanax as a crutch, which is likely what would happen if I stopped suboxone now.

Oh and he's gonna keep me at 1mg / day of suboxone until I finish getting off the benzo's. Seems like a good enough plan. I'm working with a psychiatrist who knows just about everything there is to know about suboxone here, and a nurse who is ever so helpful, and soon I'll be seen a well-renowned psychologist (the director of the entire denver VA mental health / SA group), so that should be good in working on these psycho-physiological issues, but mostly my crazy anxiety problems. To clarify, my diagnosis is not generalized anxiety disorder or just social phobia, it's called 'panic disorder', and it affects many people my age (although most are female).

Just keeping you guys informed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bluefalconshow, ty. and it couldn't be a man-crush anyways cuz i'm a girl, lol.

blu-

ty for the update. the tone of yer last post is so different. it reads as though a huge weight has been lifted off of you and that is awesome! i'm so glad that you and yer doc worked out a good plan for you. you can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dirtysouth- funny, i guess the ladies have it too- didn't mean to offend, sounds like u took it well...i'm just coming out of the fog u know, i'm about as sharp as a marble!!! i hope my name doesn't get picked to be on jepordy anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Blumac, I would encourage you to do some research on getting off Benzo's. It can be done, but it can also be a very tricky process.

From my limited understanding of the process, you should be switched over to a long acting Benzo (Xanax is a short acting, quick onset Benzo). I think (?) Klonopin is better than Xanax for getting off Benzo's, but I thought Valium was the best due to its very long half life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

blue,

thankfully i'm not that far gone (yet) to get twisted over something like that! where are you at in this process? memory is fkked up from all this shit leaving my system atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dirty south- cool. as fer how far i am these days? i guess day 9 to be strict, the 9-11 days before was much like forest gump trying to detox...stopped 3 weeks ago, all i knew was it was gonna be tough, hadn't gathered research like i should have,altho i had been on a two month taper from 4 or 5 mgs a day down to 1 mg and stayed there for the last ten days,back to 3 wks ago, gave it a test run, made it to day 3, started some research by then and decided to take .5 mg to stop the severe rls- shit i was shaking like a crack baby..lol arms and legs, so continued to not get back to a daily routine, went till i couldn't take it anymore, day 3 again,took .25 mg and repeated the cycle another time and last dose was feb, 6 at .25 mg 4:0o a.m.- the last time i was able to kinda slide right by day 3 and so on, weird thing now is the last few days, 2 for sure, i'm like feeling at about 75% or better? seems to early, yet the drawn out week before i'm pretty sure played a much bigger role than i was crediting it to have, i guess when ya look back at the fact i've only dosed 1.25 mg in 3 wks? it reads a little more likely, it's just what i'm thinking...the sub chart, some kid posted up a site that calculates yer levels and hafe-life by measuring plasma levels or something like that? i input my last 2 months of useage including first 2 weeks of this detox of mine, the results were inspiring i guess, weened most of the half-life down to minimum levels by the last attempt at day 3, which i sailed past. trust me when i say, i didn't sleep it away, rls came and went, blood pressure was scaring me, think i got a total of 5 hours of sleep in the first week! wished i had some klonipin,or valium to assist, i don't trust myself with xanax, i think the klons are the easiest to stay away from afterword, i do enjoy cannibas, made a double batch of some awesome green cookies that seem to do the trick just fine now.
its a long story, sorry, i don't know how else to answer the question,figure my story needs to be considerated in relationship to why i am feeling this well...i'm just glad the worst is behind me, i don't think i could take that "chicken skin" feeling again!!! i had that foor days before my final jump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

blue- so we're in a similar place in terms of jumping off this shit. i'd say i'm feeling the same, 75% better. just some lingering lethargy and other mild annoyances. i'll take it. :D

blumac- how have you been?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

south- yeah, it sure does sound paralell. personally i am feeling pretty good about making it this far, been a plan in the works for over a year for me, definitely a road i hope to never go down again...i know the worst is behind me and plan to keep it there.
my memorey was once something people acknowledged often and lots of compliments, not so much lately, but not so much on subs either, so i am looking forward to getting it back, i quit a hard meth habit years ago and went thru some of the same effects after wds, at least i know it will come back, close to what it used to be, anyway. takes me a while.
i do get waves of the blues that come and go, doesn't last long thank god. energy levels are much like yers sound. i can't go do an all day of well, anything, yet, half day adventures work for now, glad i have the freedom to manage that aspect for now. overall feeling positive though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

blue- 1/2 day adventures are just right, anything more and i really start to break down. everything is a whole lot easier to manage having gotten over the hump, cuz the worst of it is over, yay!