It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just want to say thank you for everyone that has posted some great ideas about getting through the WD of Subs. I was taking 5-7 10.5 Loritabs a day for almost 6 years, I would feel great, not really "High" just maintaining. But when I was coming down I would take it out on my family, not abusive, just being a huge dick, they did not deserve that at all, so I found out that there was this magical drug called Suboxone...BIG MISTAKE, I hooked up with a horriable DR. that told me this was the ticket, well needless to say 7 years later I finally got tired of taking something, so I did some reserach on this forum and it helped alot. I was taking 8mg a day (Film), recieved enough for a 60 day supply, and started out at taking half a day for a couple of weeks, then I gave them to my wife, she then only gave me one 8mg film a week, I cut them up into 7 small strips, that actually worked pretty well. Well I took my last little strip last Saturday, it has been 11 days......I THINK I"M GOING TO DIE!!! I went yesterday to my regular DR. broke down told him everything, he was so freaking pissed at me because I never told him. He put me on .5mg of Clonazepam, one dose took my shakey leg issues away, and I finally slept all night, I actually feel great, BUT!!!!!! what am I looking forwad too with this Clonazepam??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Ruffneck, AFAIK clonazepam is a benzo. You need to do whatever you have to do to get through your Subs withdrawal, but if you stay on a benzo for a while, you'll be facing another drug jump and detox down the road.

At 11 days off Subs, you should pretty much be through the worst of it, and it does start getting better week by week.

If you're committed to getting completely drug free, you probably want to think twice about becoming dependent on a benzo.

Good luck.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks ji for the info.. I actually sat at lunch yesterday and Googled Clonazepam, it's mixed, a life savior, and something that might be worse than the Subs. I slept like a baby lastnight, a good 10 hours. I have not taken anything today except my huge reg. of vitamins. Those actually help pretty well. I am really going to take your advice and see how long I can stay off the Clonazepam, unless it really gets bad..

Thanks again!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you talked to your doctor about clonidine? It's a non-addictive (and non-mood altering) blood pressure med, which can really help with sleeping and getting through shitty withdrawal days. They tended to leave me feeling kind of foggy the next day, but it was a lesser of two evils situation. Clonidine was a God send during my early jump days.

Melatonin seemed to help some people with sleep -- no sleep nights (2 or 3 hours max) was the worst symptom I experienced during my early jump.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes on Clonidine HCL 0.1 MG as well, DR. gave me both. Told me to take the Clonidine at night before I goto bed, that's what is making me sleep so well I think.

-Ruffneck1992

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is always a tough call with the benzos. In my experience, a person who is motivated enough to make it all the way to the end of opioid withdrawal is able to stop benzos as well, when the time comes... but it does add a pile of work to be done at the end, and some people don't get their sleep back for a week or two- or longer-- after stopping clonazepam.

I usually withhold clonazepam until patients are close to the end of the taper-- i.e. after they have been off buprenorphine completely for a couple weeks. If I give it sooner, when people are still tapering, I end up giving it to many, many people who never finish tapering off buprenorphine. But a couple weeks after stopping buprenorphine completely, people often get to a 'wall' where they feel pretty down and out... and a bit of clonazepam at that point can recharge a person by giving some much-needed sleep. Usually people ask for it for about 2-4 weeks, and then give it up without too much trouble.

Good luck-- always remember, during the taper, that it is temporary-- and it will NOT last forever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I took subutex for about 4 years and Suboxone for 3. I will be coming up on 8 years of this shit. So, I have been around the block with this medication. I was there from the beginning of this medication when people had no idea what it was or what it did. Just like you. I found out later most people take these meds for a few days maybe a week tops. Top it all off I have drank alcohol on this medication through out. My alcohol use a few yrs back sky rocketed and I went threw 2 stays at the hospital because of my pancreas. I can keep bitching about me. But we are minorities when it comes to longevity to this medication. I want to stop. What do you think the best bet is?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, went all day yesterday and didn't take anything not even the Clonazepam. Felt alright, it's been two weeks off the Subs. As long as I keep busy, worked in the yard, played with the kids, changed oil in the Quads, but when I sat on the couch to catch my breath...FORGET ABOUT IT, I thought I was going to pass out, stuck to my guns and didn't take anything. Went to bed about 8:00pm and took a Clonidine HCL 0.1 MG, I dont even remember putting the water bottle on the night stand, I was out, woke up at 5:30am and felt great. Maybe I am going to be ok...

Ruffneck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

People need to be better informed about SUBOXONE, they talk about it like an end all be all, but it's truly dangerous, I think with my extreame 5-7 10.5 Loritab a day issues, I would have been better off taking a week off work and just detoxing from thsoe "LORI_WHORIES".
Comming of Subs is way worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Man, I feel ya. Im on day 9 of a 2+ mg jump and agree with Soboxdoc on the benzo. Tonight will be my 1st night without Xanax :oops: which was taking me sometimes 2mg to sleep for a good stretch.Im an addict and wanted that last script as I told the Dr I am done with that also.Been the better part of a yr and half on that too. Always took too many and ran out. I need total abstinence and do feel better off benzos. I know what the withdrawal is like from that but for me its not so so bad except the rage, anger and cravings but I think this time is diff as Im not thinking much about them. Man, my Dr gave me 2mg Clonidine. Good thing I was breaking them in half and when I did take a whole, I did sleep but was afraid my heart would stop...LOL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Melissa, that's funny you say that, about your heart stopping. I had a good friend tell me the same thing "Sure you will sleep, maybe forever"

Good luck!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ruffneck1992 wrote:
People need to be better informed about SUBOXONE, they talk about it like an end all be all, but it's truly dangerous, I think with my extreame 5-7 10.5 Loritab a day issues, I would have been better off taking a week off work and just detoxing from thsoe "LORI_WHORIES".
Comming of Subs is way worse.

I totally get what you are saying Ruffneck. I went through a stage during my detox where I truly felt Suboxone was the most evil thing on the planet. True detoxing off opiates can be easier. Its also true that living a normal life while on opiates is almost impossible. During my early 20s when I was downing 3 or 4 80s a day there was nothing on this planet that was going to make me stop. Well nothing except suboxone... Atleast on suboxone I lived something that resembled a normal life. By the end of my suboxone use I was so far removed from opiates that I would never even consider going back to them now.

All that being said I do think Suboxone is being grossly misused by clinics all over the US. I really don't wanna get into it too much because I know my feelings are not shared by many around here, but the hatred will pass and you will most likely see some of the positive things that have happened because of subs too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:47 am 

Suboxone is not dangerous. It's one of the safer medications around in fact. Your problem is not that suboxone is evil, your problem is that you're an addict. There is a reason that people try over and over again to get off oxy, hydro, morphine, etc, but end up relapsing. If you could have gotten off lortabs by yourself you would never have tried sub in the first place.

I understand that you're miserable right now and the easiest thing to blame is the suboxone. When people are trying to stop suboxone they often do get angry at the medication. Hating the sub gives you something to rally against and that can be helpful while detoxing. I just can't let that word "dangerous" go by unchecked. If a new person came and saw that they might be discouraged from using a tool that can change their life for the better. While sub has its challenges, it's not dangerous.

I hope you're feeling better very soon! :)

Amy