It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Desire2GetClean,

Thanks so much for updating us with that fantastic news. I'm very happy for you and extremely proud of you!!

That's sensational that you were able to NOT turn to opiates while your back was hurting you, I'm in awe of you!!!

Stay strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I was sitting here reading the news and had a random thought. It's been 1 year and 9 months since I took my last dosage of sub. I just wanted to put that out there, not because I'm looking for people to be proud of me, but to show people you can be proud of yourself. However difficult it may seem to stop, you can do it and it does get easier.

I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time I have felt so good (mentally and physically). If you read the beginning of my post, my daughter was only a couple months old. She has grown so much since then. She is my reason for breathing. I haven't been this physically fit in 15 years. I found my strength through her eyes and everything I do is to make sure I am a better father, and person. I want to be a role model for her!!! Sub took me through a very very dark time in my life and slowly led me through the tunnel. There was always light at the end, I just could never see it, I never believed I would even want to see it. It took time but eventually I saw it and I ran for it! Never doubt yourself for a minute!!!!!!

I will say this. It took a long time for me to feel completely normal. Not in a sense that I was withdrawing and things like that but it takes time for your brain to recover for all the abuse of drugs. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'm still fully recovered but it's something I have accepted and have learned to manage. Just to clarify, sometimes I just feel "dumber" than I remember. lol. I think during the period of losing my self confidence, I lost some of the ability to think quick and on the fly. I have moments where I am just dumbfounded and I feel like it's usually at a moment when I feel insecure. My point? Well, life isn't perfect, but it never was. If it was, I probably would have never turned to opiates. I can live with imperfection because time and time again I've proven to myself, I can overcome the imperfection or I can work around it and still be happy!

Stay strong everyone and if anyone knows who "tony little" is (or if you don't, search it) "YOU CAN DOOOO IIIIITTTT"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi desire,

What an awesome thread to read! Congrats on everything. What an inspiration. I will be jumping in about 5 weeks if all goes well. Been tapering since January. This is just what I needed.

I wish more of our jumpers would take the time to check in like this.

Thanks,

-Glen b.