It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm one of those people out there who started taking because of a legit pain issue. Not just recreational - although it turned more into that towards the end. I have two blow discs and pain that is sometimes unbearable. I've been on subs for 1 1/2 years. The only med I can take for my back is Tylenol (allergic to Motrin). Tylenol doesn't work with crap. Especially after taking OC's, Norco, Perc etc for so many years.

So my question is how long should I wait before going back on pain meds. I still have meds and I do actually need them every once in awhile. The challenge is to now be extremely careful to no take them when not needed. I'm currently taking 8mg once a day. I cut down over the last two weeks and now take 4mg a day and I can feel the effects already. Feel anxious, shaky, un-easy etc. I want to know how to get to the point where I can stop and also how I can make the jump back to pain meds.

I know subs have a very strong affinity to the pain receptors so you need to have a small enough amount in the brain to be able to have the pain meds work. What if i don't take enough pain meds to start with? Will I put myself in more withdrawls?

Appreciate any advise...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CHECK THIS LINK OUT................

http://www.slideshare.net/jeffreyjunig/ ... am-meeting

Its about patients taking a low buprenorphine dose (like 2-4mg) and a high dose of full agonist (like oxy)

pretty interesting stuff, honestly. Might be the real answer for alot of pain patients. :?

Anyways,,,,,,,,,
I would THINK you could take pain pills as soon as you start to feel w/d from the suboxone. of course getting down to 1 or 2mg would be better than 8. . . . I know, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that. LOL

I wish you the BEST in whatever you decide to do. If you end up trying the low dose bupe thing, would you mind letting us know how it works?????
Im really curious about it. :shock:

Good luck.
I hope I helped. :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/