It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Guys and Gals,
I have been on 16mg Sub since Just before xmas 2014, I decided to decrease down 2mg every week from about early march, and decided to stop from 4mg cold turkey on the 19th April. By the 24th I was feeling severe depression and up until the 27th was feeling really down and restless arms and legs sleeping. I thought I couldn't handle this any longer so went to see my doctor and started back on this stuff. on the 28th april started 4 mg, then 29th back to 16 mg.

Ok Now is my problem,
I was taking 16mg a day until the 16th/5/15 and again decided to quit cold turkey. I haven't had any since and today is the 26th/5/15. I have had mild stomach discomfort and really bad mood swings and feel quite depressed but at the moment nothing that family and friends cant help with.

Question, Am I over the worst or is there more to come? I start a new job Monday (6 days away) or is there worse to come due to the amount that I was taking before I went cold turkey?

At the moment Im ok, have a little drink every night to help me sleep so I pass out before the arms and legs problem sets in. Just in general im very grumpy and hope that this will pass as don't want to be a grumpy git for the rest of my life lol.

NEXT QUESTION, Do I have any Sub left in my system? Am I still im for more shit?

Thanks for reading and your comments.

All the best to everyone that is trying to get off this stuff, it is real hell to say the least!! Wish I had never started and just went cold turkey from my codeine addiction this would have been much easier.

Fingers crossed to all of us xxx

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A few things I would like to say. First is that I disagree that you would've had an easier time going CT from Codiene, especially if you tapered suboxone. Everyone thinks SAO are just a 3-5 day ordeal and you're done but that's because nobody makes it longer than that. Just because you start to feel better in 5 days doesn't mean its anywhere near over. But to your main question, I CT off 8mgs and it went pretty fast compared to most people. If you are on day 11, I think the worst is behind you. However, you're still not going to feel right for a few more weeks I would imagine or maybe even a month. I'm just speaking from personal experience and have heard of it lasting a bit longer for some people. If you're not feeling that bad at day 11 though I think you can make it because I doubt you'll feel any worse. Lastly, I would avoid any alcohol. It's not gonna help you feel better faster and this being a time where you are breaking a dependency you are very likely to find a new addiction in that. Keep updating your daily progress and let others give you advice. It helps us jumpers tremendously!!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm in a similar position, didn't even know the suboxone was addictive. My doctor told me oh don't worry just take it a few times a day and anything you feel will be from the opiates themselves, not the suboxone. Thought it was magic at first. Can't believe he would lie to me and not just say this was opiates. Foolish me, I should have done my homework.

Sorry didn't mean to get sidetrack. but it sounds like you are doing great and making all the right moves to be done with this. I hope to join you soon.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As long as you start to feel better each day the worst is behind you. You should be good to start you're new job too. Some things that help is exercise, b6/b12, ammon acids, staying busy. Like QA said nicer, alcohol is the stupidest thing you can take in wd. First you should drink Gatorade because subs deplete electrolytes, so you're messing that up even more, you're more likely to get dehydrated aND have an unforgettable hangover/ you'll be in wd. Third alcohol is a depressant and is probably causing you're irritation. 4th you'll eventually just Switch.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:58 pm 

Steve,

1) Welcome to the forum! And 2) How are you doing? My guess is that you went back onto your Suboxone due to the withdrawals coming on a little late. I really want to be wrong on that guess so please post and tell us how you're doing, okay?

People get embarrassed when their plan fails and don't want to post about it. This is the one place you won't be judged no matter what the outcome. If you stopped successfully, we want to know. If the w/d's were just too hard to handle, let us know and we'll give as much support that we can via the internet.

So please, let us know what the status is on your quitting plan.

rule

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for all your support guys.
Im still off the suboxone which is good but on a very down side I have been taking about 120mg of codeine a day to just feel human and do my daily tasks. I know this is stupid but before going on Sub I was taking almost 800mg a day. My mother has all of the tablets that I have purchased so I don't have free access to them and just at most 120mg a day If I feel I really need them. I just wanted off the sub so bad as the pee'ing and constipation and libido problems were just so difficult to deal with.

At the moment I haven't had anything today because I think I eat an out of date chicken burger at 4pm and have had the most agonising stomach ache you can imagine. It has now passed and I wont take any Codeine today.

After being laid off on the 1st may from a £50000 pa job has really depressed me further from a really bad six months.

To let you know where my head is at the moment, I was with my ex fiancée for 5 years and she couldn't have children naturally, so after being on the waiting list for IVF for over two years we got our chance last September, Eggs fertilised, Brilliant, Implanted into fiancée , awesome she was pregnant! happy days, best time of my life until one week later I came home early one evening from work and caught her in bed with another man. This in turn caused the embryo to dislodge from her womb and the next day lost it down to toilet. Obviously to say we broke up but im still in a right mess. Also during this time my uncle died that I was close too as well. Just before we broke up I think I was on about 300-400mg Codeine a day but after everything I just kept upping it and upping it until I thought enough was enough and went to the drug clinic. They put me on SUB since early dec. Atleast I could function while on that but after being off it now for 14 days I truly don't want to start again.

Well Job wise I do start a new one on Monday but really don't know If I can handle it without just a little codeine to pick me up other wise ill prob get fired first day :-(

Just to let you all know my suitiation. Thanks for all the advise guys, I have plenty of Gatorade in the fridge, Vit b6/12 super tablets etc. Trying so hard but still cant do it all without a little bit of codeine.

Thanks guys,
All the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:02 pm 

Well Steve, one of the things you have going for you is that your mom is holding onto your codeine for you. Is she strong enough to tell you "NO" if you try to get more than 120 mg? Since you are going this route, can she also help you taper down when the time comes.

In my opinion you need to get some professional help. Since you are so set on staying off sub and will struggle to get off codeine, you need addiction counseling or a 12 step group or Smart Recovery group. You should actually try multiple things simultaneously.

Steve, you've been through some really rough times lately and you need to face the pain and go through it. We opiate addicts tend to try to avoid our emotional pain at all costs, but that's part of what keeps us sick! I'm so sorry for the breakup of your partner and the death of your uncle. You need someone or someones to help you through your heartache. Don't try to do this alone.

I hope that your job start on Monday goes well. Please keep us updated!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey steve,
I feel for you! I had a similar situation.
My fiancée of 5 1/2 years broke up with me, then I lost my job(I was a Union Carpenter" at the time and made really good money too. Then I started opiates. Then I lost my home that was almost paid off. So as the story goes, I started shooting oxy 80's and chewing on Fentanyl patches. And now 16 years later, here I am, still a drug addict! I tried to go through all that alone.
Amy, you had some very kind words to say to him. I wished I had someone that could have said that to me 16 years ago!(Tear down my cheek)
Steve, I just wanted you to know we are reading your post. And good luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I honestly value your opinions guys and gals. Thank you so much.

Amy you sound wonderful, What is your situation at the moment? thanks very much for your advice!

Happyg, I hope you live up to your names sake :-) Fingers crossed we will kick this together!

Amy, yeah my mother is strong, But ultimately it is up to me to control this. Wish I had some one like you here with me so we could do this shit together and know how to get happy and functional once and for all. X

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Steve,
Honestly, I will probably will be on Suboxone for a long time and I really don't have a problem with that because I know how I am and if I didn't have Suboxone, I would be street shopping. lol It has kept me alive and walking a straight line. Sometimes we need certain things more than we know if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How bad would it be if you put your new job/life on hold for a few months and went into an AA recovery program? It sounds like you feel you're going to fail anyways at your new job and truthfully if your using you probably will. I always did. You're life really isn't going to get better until you work through your problems. I know it's easy to come up with an excuse, but the truth is if you keep using your just going to dig yourself a deeper hole.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for adding some clarity and sanity here JJ. I thought I was perhaps missing something in all of this. From where I sit, Steve has gotten off this "dreaded" Bup but gone back to his drug of choice. Do I have that wrong? Okay, so it's a lower dose but it's still the opiate he was placed on Bup for. Right?

I don't see how this is in any way a good idea. If the "plan" is to now taper off of codeine, why not just do that in the first place? Why go on Bup? I'll bet the answer is, because it's next to impossible for an addict to taper full opiates. Right? So rather than be on this gawd awefull Bup, take codeine instead? Again am I missing something here?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If you're not ready to go through the withdrawals you're not ready to get off suboxone. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm a prick but I believe that's true. You really have to want to quit in order for it to be successful and if you really really want to quit opiates then you'll almost welcome some withdrawal. It sounds like you're not ready to let go yet and I just think if you need to function at your new job why not go back on suboxone, for as long as you need to get comfortable in your new life, then when you're ready taper off of it? Just an idea, keep us updated. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I too jumped from 16 mg 30 days ago. Grr. Sucks but can be done. What comforts I have now is ambien,alcohol, and xanaz. This is doable just keep your wits about you. Don't let temtation get u pale.