It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: stopping after .25 mg
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has stopped after .25 mg. I have been weaning myself down from the subs, I've been on them approximately 2 months. I begin weaning myself on July 9th. I inducted myself at 4 mg, went down to 2, went down to 1, stayed at 1 for about 2 weeks, went down to .5 where I stayed for 4 days, then went down to .25 for the past two days. On the 4th of .5 mg diarrhea came (sorry for t.m.i). It has stayed for these 2 days at .25 mg but isn't anything serious. Other than that I feel fine. I don't have the energy I do with 1 or more mg. But I'm making it. I have a very high demand job and I'm here. I'm wondering how you felt after stopping from .25 mg. I only have 1 .25 mg dose left and I'll be off them after that. What should I expect?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, I have not stopped sub yet but I have heard many peoples' experiences, be it IRL or on the web (I am also a member of Bluelight). From what I have read, some will have very minimal symptoms when stopping that low, and some will still have a couple weeks of light withdrawal. If I were you, I would have spent a little more time on .25, and a method a few have recommended to me is to start skipping days. Dose the .25 every other day a few times, even every third day a few times. It sounds like you only have one dose left. If I were you, I would skip a day and then take it to taper a little further.

If you get off and are having a lot of trouble, I would recommend doing a couple weeks skipping doses and then hop off again. But it differs for everyone, I am on .5 or so a day, and I have noticed no severe withdrawals if I don't dose for a day. I don't know about after that.

If you're bound and determined, I'm sure you will be fine, with sub withdrawals I find it can be more mental than physical. Get your head in the right place, and get some comfort meds (Ibuprofen, melatonin for sleep, etc) and you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:18 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

you should be straight up F.I.N.E. its all a mind game at that level. some mild w/d, nothing bad at all thou. just stay busy, don't think about it and you will do fine. so sleepless nights but who doesn't have them.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for replying. I've been doing well so far. I took the last dose that I had today. I've still been having an upset stomach and last night I tossed and turned a little bit. I don't have the energy that I do with suboxone but that's to be expected. Overall I don't feel really bad at all. Tomorrow will be my first day completely off of them as I took my last dose at 7 am this morning. I'm kinda nervous but glad to be almost there and free from all of this. Thank you again. I greatly appreciate your help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi lm, I jumped at .15 mg/day, and I don't think it was worth the extra days of taper to get there from .25 mg/day, probably would have been better to get to it sooner, and jumped at .25 mg like you.

Jumping won't be the easiest thing you've ever done, but it's manageable, and nowhere near as bad as we fear it might be. It's totally worth it btw, it feels amazing to be off Subs.

-- ji

lm574 wrote:
Thank you so much for replying. I've been doing well so far. I took the last dose that I had today. I've still been having an upset stomach and last night I tossed and turned a little bit. I don't have the energy that I do with suboxone but that's to be expected. Overall I don't feel really bad at all. Tomorrow will be my first day completely off of them as I took my last dose at 7 am this morning. I'm kinda nervous but glad to be almost there and free from all of this. Thank you again. I greatly appreciate your help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:19 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I agree with the others. I am only on day 3, but i jumped at .13 and I think it would have been a huge delay to wean down further.

Check my thread out. JI, and many other threads have much more info than mine, but you will see some things are the same, but vary in the severity and length. A lot depends on the individual IMO. If you have been exercising, eating right ect.. it may be easier...

Besto of luck to you..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was having trouble this morning. My stomach was extremely bad. Other than that everything was fine. I even slept fine last night. I think a lot of it is mental because I got a raise at work, and felt a lot better after that. Not 100% but definitely okay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:37 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Imodium helps with the stomach mess. don't over do it 2mg pill is fine unless you are straight up loose. clonidine will help with the head creeps but you should not have much at that level. great work :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi LM, is it just digestive trouble, or is part of the problem extreme stomach tension in your stomach? I was getting that badly, and I know other taperers/jumpers were too.

For me, it was about fear of finally getting clean after more than 15 years of addiction, and other emotional sh*t I was carrying around (like no wonder I was pouring all those drugs into me).

The worst of it passed fairly soon after my jump, meditation helped a lot. PM me if you want a couple meditation techniques.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you every one. Dirty blonde I will definitely try the imodium. Im still having issues. My stomach is very upset all the time, but I can handle it. Its my second day without anything. For the longest time I thought I would never get here. Im still able to work fine, im still sleeping fine. I just hope things stay the same. Perhaps I will try the meditation johnny ikon. I never have before so its worth a shot. Im so glad I finally made it here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good luck with your jump, I'm on day 6 and I won't say its easy, but def do able . I jumped at .25 mg as well and was on subs for over 5 years. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is almost the end of my third day. Today I felt better. My stomach upset is going away. I almost feel normal again.