It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am stopping the suboxone for a couple of reasons. one is the price, I have no insurance and they are costly. The other reason is I don't want to be dependent on anything anymore. Enough monkeys on the back. Suboxone has saved me from a world of horrors but the time has come to be Free!! I have been taking suboxone since June, I started with one 8mg tab a day which lasted about a week (due to the cost, I could only buy a few on my script per week) I cut down to a half a day. I did speak to my doctor about tapering off and he told me to go from the half to a quarter, alternating back and forth and to stop when I felt comfortable off the quarter of a 8mg pill. I took my last quarter yesterday around 3pm.
This afternoon, my stomach felt off, I forced myself to eat, go outside for some autumn air. Then it has been couch time, watching movies and finding this forum. I am wondering what tomorrow will bring. I have no more suboxone here. So I have to rough it. According to the Doc, the only problem I will have is an off stomach and little discomfort for the first day, after reading all the posts, now I am not so sure this was the right thing to do, or I should say the right way to do it.
Any suggestions from anyone? I know I have been through worse, I just hate WD as anyone else. I have been there too many times. Just want to feel totally normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It seems to vary abit how much w/d ppl gets. It probally factor in how old you are (younger ppl seems to do better)and how long you have been using.
Im on my 12th day now after dropping from ~0.30mg and my w/d started the second day and seemed to lessen around day 5. The symptoms was diarhea, insomnia and restless body/leggs - but i would say that they where manageable. I defenately had some withdrawels but i didnt find myself hammerslammed - i had buprenophine in my home and only once did feel uncontrolable urge to take a small dose, and that was because of a massive headache, not the w/d symptoms.
Manny ppl will envy you that you allready are on your second day:)
You sound determined so i think you can do it:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Filur,
Thanks for responding. Well since I am 48 and had been a daily addict of 3 years. I snorted anything I could, never used the needle. I have been doing drugs since 14. Three years ago, I lost my son and became totally addicted to Oc's and then the cheaper road of herion. (anything to numb my pain) I went to detox only once, which of course did not work. I got sick of driving 45 minutes every day to get high and I wasn't even getting high, I was getting normal. I have two beautiful daughters and the most precious 2 year old grandaughter you can imagine. I want to be here for them, I want to enjoy them straight. I used to hide from them, I missed the first year of my grandaughter cause I was too busy getting high. I won't miss any more of her. I am determined to stay straight. I have been through enough heartache. It is time to enjoy life.

Of course now I am laying in bed, can't sleep, legs hurt, tearing eyes. But honestly, this is nothing like WD from herion. That is brutal, damn I don't ever want to go through that again. I have read posts of others writing their daily feelings on the withrawl. I think I will try that. Once again thanks....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Ruby, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how devastating that must be.

I agree that people's experience of suboxone withdrawal seems to vary. Some have it worse than others, but pretty much everyone says/agrees that the first 2 weeks are the worst.

Do you have access to any "comfort meds"? I used clonidine and ambien during my withdrawal & they were both really helpful. Most doctors don't have any problems prescribing these - especially the clonidine. Other people on the forum have gotten different meds - there's one for restless legs that some have found helpful, trazadone is frequently mentioned, neurontin and there are a few others.

Try to stay positive, take it day by day (or hour by hour if need be) and treat your symptoms as well as you can. Ibuprofin can help, and immodium. Hot baths, heating pads, frequent walks, lots of good movies for distraction - distraction is really helpful. And use us for support, that's what we're here for.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi
Today is the second day of no suboxone and I feel horrible! The worst part if this is that I have
them at the pharmacy, Problem being no money to get them, I didn't sleep much last night. I ache
My husband is aso going through this with me, we got in a fight this morning, according to him it is
all my fault. So of course I start feeling like it is all my fault. I have no energy and for the life of me
cant get out of my bed. Do to the financial mess I wouldn't be able to purchase anything even if the
Doc called it in. suffering and wish i had just a piece of suboxone........

Post subject: Welcome Aboard
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ruby,
Wanted to say hello, and welcome. There is a lot of great information and support available on this site.

I've been through Suboxone withdrawal twice, and found it challenging, but nothing near the level of the drugs you've used in the past. I've heard varying experiences, but the good news is that I've never heard people complain of the very physical type of withdrawals (and intense dysphoria) that come with the full agonists.

I know how slowly time can pass in withdrawal, but it does pass. Insomnia and anxiety (and some restless legs) were my troubles. I was able to force myself to excercise, just a little bit, and took many hot baths& showers. I've heard people speak positively about benadryl for getting some rest if you have some in the house. Also watched a lot of movies for distraction- really helped. Only medication helped the sleep, but keeping myself busy/distracted did a lot for anxiety.

You're gonna make it until you can find the money for those meds. Log in every hour if you need to. Lotsa experts here who've been able to get & stay off of sub- They'd be better suited to share that experience with you.

Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Everyone,
I was saved by a friend today, I just could not take
going off of the suboxone cold turkey. It really was
unbearable, even going from the 1/4 of a pill to nothing
was pretty bad. I have a friend who is also on suboxone,
a higher dose 2 8mg a day. I called him and he just took
me to the pharmacy and paid for me to get 5 more from my
script. I feel much better and now I know I am not ready
to stop taking them. I need to be on this medication, it has
worked miracles for me. Just taking my regular dose of 1/4 of
a pill made me feel 100% better. I tried to find the information
on the website where you can get assistance on paying for these
pills and could not locate it. Anyone have that information?
The thing that really bothers me is that the Doctor whom
prescribed this medication failed to inform me that getting off of
them would be a problem. Like I stated previously, I was misled
to thinking that when I tapered I would feel "a little off the first day"
obviously that was not the case. I am trying to find a job and being
laid up for 2 or more weeks at this time is not something I can do.
I would stay on this medicine as long as I have to be, it is just the
cost that is the problem. When I take my dose in the morning, which as I stated is
only a 1/4 of a 8mg, I am fine until the next morning.
So I am back on it and hopefully will not have to experience that nightmare
again. If anyone has the information to the link regarding assistance
with paying for it I would greatly appreciate it..
Thanks for all of the support. You have been great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found this link:

http://www.rxassist.org/Search/Prog_Det ... N=47458233

I couldn't find the info on the Suboxone site, the pages were not loading correctly on my computer. From the link above it looks like you have to call for an application though.

The requirements are that you have to be below 250% of the Federal poverty level, not have health insurance, be older than 16 and your doctor can only have 3 patients on the program at a time.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome Ruby,

Heres the link for the needymeds:

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone

I know you said you get the pills but if your Dr. is willing there is 75 dollar coupon for the films? Just a thought :idea:
There is also a PRINT OUT FOR A $75/MONTH SAVINGS CARD HERE

http://forheretohelpprogramsavings.com/ ... ?cid=hthpf

Have you tried calling the Heretohelp program. I don't know if the can help with costs? but I used there one on one services and thought it was helpful they may even be able to help. Here is the phone # 866-973-HERE .

I am really glad you got ahold of some subs stopping at 1/4 is really on the high side from what I've read any way. I have been on subs for 7 months I started at 24mgs and am now down to 6mgs, but I really have no intension off stopping any time soon or maybe ever.

I'm glad your feeling better and hope one of those sites are somewhat helpful :D Good luck :D

Post subject: Ruby......
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Only needing 2mg is fantastic, If $ is tight you may be able to get 5 doses out of an 8mg film, and probably even feel better, I feel they're easily 20% better for absorption, Good Luck, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wanted to thank all that responded with the information
regarding help with the payment of suboxone. I am going
to call the Doctor today and have him do the application
with me. I am also going to have a serious conversation
with him as to tapering off, as I said before he told me
going off the suboxone would not be a problem, which we
know is not easy to do. If I can get the financial assistance
I will continue on this medication for as long as I can.