It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I make 1100.00 /mo.....spend 620.00 on treatment...the rest on rent, gas...and that's it. Thank god I work in a restaurant! I'd starve to death. Can't wait until fall...hope the generics are a lot cheaper, finally get a new sober life, instead of just work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have a radical idea! How about:

Adopt a Junkie!

Yes, rich fat cat billionaires like Bill Gates can sponsor an addict's treatment, maybe cover their medication. Hey, maybe its worth something or is it too radical?

If I were richer, I'd be happy to help someone who isn't as well off as me pay for their medication. I could only imagine writing THAT off on my 1040!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi All,
I'm so gratefull I found this site, I recently lost my health insurance and made the choice to tapper off from 24mg. I started Suboxone almost 2 years ago and was really scared about coming off of it I had heard so many horror stories! So far it hasn't been so bad, I've come down every month and today i just came down again, I'm now at 4mg from 8mg. From what I hear this is about the dose when the withdrawl symptoms present. I really try to focus on having a postive attitude I know it helps yet part of me wishes I knew what to expect. Anyway like I said I'm glad I can look for support here.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm 
fairytale wrote:
Hi All,
I'm so gratefull I found this site, I recently lost my health insurance and made the choice to tapper off from 24mg. I started Suboxone almost 2 years ago and was really scared about coming off of it I had heard so many horror stories! So far it hasn't been so bad, I've come down every month and today i just came down again, I'm now at 4mg from 8mg. From what I hear this is about the dose when the withdrawl symptoms present. I really try to focus on having a postive attitude I know it helps yet part of me wishes I knew what to expect. Anyway like I said I'm glad I can look for support here.

Hey Fairytale! Welcome to the forum! Yeah, it can get scary at times, but you just have to make sure you have a good support system in place. Keep coming back, and keep posting!

Take care,
Patrick

Post subject: What a concept James!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, adopt a junkie!! I just love it. Sign us all up!!

Fairytale....welcome to the greatest forum in the world. You will find wonderful helpful people here that will encourage you and listen. The best most honest bunch of people I could ask for!!! Thanks guys!!!

quick update, my girl as having a great day today. The drop from 2 to 1.5 went with just a few sniffles runny nose itchy eyes and the yawns. That has leveled out. day 4 of 1.5....She enjoyed counseling the other day in spite of herself. she has been hanging out with her sister, my youngest girl (14) and they have been swimming, shopping, doing girl things, laughing, and having fun, I include myself as much as they can tolerate me....which i am pretty tolerable.... and today has been the best day yet. She is taking care in her appearance again, has gained 10 lbs, she is smiling and laughing...God how that makes my heart soar it has been so long. Her old personality is emerging!!! Tomorrow they and their boyfriends ggrrr....lol....are going to the river to swim and have a picnic. I am encouraged and better yet, so is she!!!!!

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Alright, im sorry i missed the post yesterday, but it slipped my mind. TOday is thursday the 18th. Saw my suboxone doc, and told him I tapered off and that I didnt need another script. For the addict in me it was hard. You know, cutting that last tie, no more suboxone. But being off it for 5 days now, i saw no reason to jump back on. Sure, I wanted to, but the feelings I have been getting since I have been off of EVERYTHING, I finally feel like the past four years of "training", is finally coming to use. I dont really hurt physically, my energy level is at like a 6, but I find myself smiling and cracking jokes at work, and not becasue of some buzz I get from a pill, but from normal, everyday life. Im really trying this time, its my third try at abstinence from opiates, and for me it was a doozy. 160mg of liquid Oxydose a day.... I really feel accomplished. Im going to keep updating to give people hope, because I know how it feels to be afraid to cut down on suboxone. ITs lonely, and theres alot of stories on how people have failed. But now, 5 days in, smiling, laughing, maybe some cravings, Im back to the man I was before all these trials and tribulations. Im ME.... ill keep posting, hopefully giving someone out there the courage to live life sober.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you! I know that feeling about not wanting to cut that tie with your doctor. That's hard - but you did it and that shows that you're being honest and you're doing this thing.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling pretty well too. I'm getting down to the wire myself and every positive story I hear just encourages me that much more.

By the way, I keep reading your screen name as "Aggro Lint Rollers" :P

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

new plan to keep from being bored and stave away cravings.....ADOPTAJUNKIE.COM!!! OR MAYBE ONE OF THOSE INFOMERCIALS WHERE SOME DOCTOR HAS ME ON THERE EATING RAMEN NOODLES AND CUTTING PILLS IN HALF TELLING PEOPLE TO SEND IN MONEY TO HELP A RECOVERING ADDICT IN NEED. just kidding around but ya can't wait to see what happens with the price of the Rx in the fall
JayJay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HAHAHHAH HUMOR IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA LOVE IT.. I WONDER WILL THE RICH SPONSORS STILL MAKE US EAT THE RAMEN NOODLES!! I'M SICK OF THAT GROSS STUFF AND WANT SOME STEAK AND A CHEF FROM MY RICH ADOPT A JUNKIE SPONSOR. I ALSO WANT KEVIN COSTNER OR GERARD BUTLER AS MY SPONSOR. NOT BILL GATES!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ahhh.... day five, or is it six. I guess thats how well things are going. Im proud to tell people now that ive done it. Ive finally tapered off, and now all im on is anti-depressents. Ha. Well, I know some people think six days is too early to tell. But for me, SIX DAYS WITHOUT SUBOXONE! Tell that to someone whos on 2mgs or more and ask how they would feel. I already have people asking me why im so different, why im happy, why im smiling so much. I tell them that its me, the real me, no buffers between me and the real world. I guess right now I consider myself a succes story, and i know how much all of you that are still on suboxone need to hear it. But if you do it slow enough, you can get off. I personally thought that I could never do it. I was a gymnast for six years, even competed with the Hamm brothers from swiss turners, and have had back problems ever since. The suboxone seemed to help my pain so it was even harder to get off. But I did it, I keep an eye on my back pain (because its a trigger), and I enjoy my day. Still have issues sleeping, but if thats all, Ill take it. Otherwise, i feel NORMAL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:14 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey aggro,

Just wanted to say congrats and kudos! :)

Glad things are going well for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi 'aggro'-- I am happy for you, and wish you the best. I truly do hope you make it-- my suggestion would be to always be vigilant, and realize that opiates will ALWAYS be a weakness for you. Some people start up again after a surgical procedure, some during good times, some during bad times... , for me it took 7 years to relapse, but I went to a couple thousand meetings over that time period, which no doubt helped me stay clean. I am not trying to predict your future in any way-- but I often put a 'challenge' out there, asking for someone to contact me who quit opiates and has been clean for five years without Suboxone or other treatment such as intensive step-work. So far nobody has written.... except Jerod the annoying pharmacist, and I don't believe much of what he says.

You would be doing us a favor keeping in touch either way; if you stay clean, by sharing the mental attitude or other things that you attribute your sobriety to; if you end up using or going back on Suboxone you would help the people who are tormented by thoughts of going off Suboxone to realize that they are best off right where they are.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience so far-- I have seen many people go off Suboxone for one reason or another and know that it is NOT worse than agonists-- but that it is potent stuff, as you put it, and the taper must be slow. People forget that withdrawal from agonists often leaves a person bed-bound for weeks!

Take care of yourself,
Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks alot Dr.Junig. So far Ive been off the subs a week. 7 days. I can tell you now that i dont feel any withdrawls, only the minor back sweating, but that could be from anything. I think the toughest thing for me now is to keep up the maintinence. Just becuase im off the subs doesnt mean im cured. This is going to be a "challenge" for me for the rest of my life. Right now, things are good, I just feel almost as if the things I found enjoyable before (while on suboxone), I dont enjoy anymore. Now, I know that when you get off oxys or heroin, you almost have to relearn to enjoy things again, without the help of an "outside source". If anybody aggrees with me that I feel like my interests have change, someone tell me it'll come back. I want to enjoy the same stuff again. Im on uncharted territory as of now. IM hoping to keep at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

a692poundgorilla wrote:
uggg what makes me angry the most is how sooo many people in this country must decide between treatment or rent. What ever happened to Obama fixing the healthcare industry, or even making an attempt?

Free health care will never happen here. To complicated to say way right now buy suboxone will be going gerneric this year sometime after the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jamez70 wrote:
I have a radical idea! How about:

Adopt a Junkie!

Yes, rich fat cat billionaires like Bill Gates can sponsor an addict's treatment, maybe cover their medication. Hey, maybe its worth something or is it too radical?

If I were richer, I'd be happy to help someone who isn't as well off as me pay for their medication. I could only imagine writing THAT off on my 1040!

I got to say this idea is brilliant and not so far fetched. I think if you start it in some big city like where I live in New Jerse (Jersey City, Newark, Elizabeth, paterson, Camden) all junkie filled cities and you get churches in the hood to sponse it by letter writing get you county legislature involved it may take off. Shit, the churches along get sponser a few people easily with all the money they get. You just may have gave me something to do with my free time. I'll keep in touch and ask questions of you as they come up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Aggro you never mentioned about the oppsession to use. Have you been feeling that at all? Once I start getting below 4mg the oppsession comes back quickly. I'm satisfied I'm on this stuff for life and I'm OK with that. Thank God for insurance which I maybe losing next month but people with insurance, if your Doctors cool (like mine) tell him you need 2 eight mg a day so you can get 60 a month and get yourself down to 4mg. I stocked up and have enough for over a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey everyone. I forgot for a few days to post... guess thats a good thing. I think Im going on over two weeks now with no suboxone. I lost track. I can honestly say I feel completely normal. The emotions are still kinda up and down, but no more than someone thats having a bad day at work would be. My cravings or (obsession to use), yeah, those were bad at first. All i thought about all day was needles and pills and H. But I can honestly say it feels great to know now that if i wanted to just up and go out of town for a month, I wouldnt have to first figure out if I had enough suboxone to last me. That is a reward in itself. Today, i craved a little, about a 3 on a scale of 1-10, but thats not bad at all. I get some PAWS, mainly sweating, but its been so hot in Milwaukee and Im a welder, so I can never tell if its PAWS or the heat. So i just chalk it up to my working hard. My stamina is coming back, and ive got the ambition to look into starting a Welding business with a buddy from work, making roll cages for crotch-rockets. But either way, IM INCREDIBLE. Everybody has noticed how much i smile and how happy I always am.

The one weird thing is, I still sneeze like 20 times a day, and ive kept track. Anyone else had this when they got of subs?

Sincerely,

aggrorollintrs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I usually sneeze in a fit like 5 to 7 times in a row maybe twice a day when in heroin withdrawl but that goes away after 3 days. Surprised your still doing it. Unless maybe you have some allergies you didn't know you had because the opiates covered them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gratz Aggro everytime I've quit opiates totally even after a long taper I ended up with really aweful PAWS for months last time I was 4.5 months after being completely detoxed and still couldn't sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time. The fact that you don't really have any PAWS is freaking awesome! I would like to warn you though about being very very careful in the future. I'm in no way saying relapse will happen for sure but I've tried to quit several times and all but the very last time (when I went on Sub) I detoxed off all opiates and I was very optimistic at first about never using again. I was very confident each time that I'd had enough, lost enough, suffered enough pain that I would never, ever go back to using. The truly unfortunate thing about opiate addiction is that in my experience I cannot erase my experiences from my memory as much as I'd like to forget how much better opiates made me feel. Every relapse things had to get alot worse for me to think about getting into some form of treatment again so it's just alot easier to avoid relapse (obviously right?). What works for me obviously isn't going to work for everyone and I think a very, very small portion of opiate addicts, perhaps those who haven't been using too long are able to stop using for good the first time without meetings or medication but the odds are very much against us. I've finally found something that works well for me, yes it's sometimes is a little inconvenient being on Sub but I feel very safe from relapse for once and I really don't feel like I need or want to use anymore, point is I hope you find something that works as well for you whatever that may be :)

I've seen alot of people around me in meetings going in and out of the legal system because of continued relapses. I've known several who've relapsed multiple times since I've been clean the last 2.5 years and the fact of the matter is that the relapse rate is very high for us without some form of daily treatment (whatever you choose that to be). I just really want to see us all succeed and never use dope again, so please be careful and always be very cautious my relapses always occurred when I least expected them. The urge to use literally came out of nowhere alot of times and while many times I could avoid relapse I eventually rationalized my way back to using again :(

Congrats again I'm so happy for you, hang in there and my advice would be to look into some form of daily treatment or proactive ways of staying clean and not just relying on "being strong".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I stopped sub once, I think the sneezing lasted about 3 weeks.. Its a very strange sensation thats a bit different that the average sneeze

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next