It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ball player I sincerely apologize for my newness to the site. I should and now will from now read entire threads before commenting. I've been my self through the sub detox but it's 2yrs for me. Still pretty good I think lol but now that I have your whole story and being through everything trust me, I do not like the idea of you starting back after 4yrs clean that's not even a question! Don't throw years of being clean away!!!! This is the addict in you that you will always have trying to pull you back in! You need a hobby or something to do when your cravings hit. Some I know work out some run ect... Anything to get those endorphins pumped back up cause that's what the brain in this case is seeking:pleasure but you need natural pleasure! I think this forum might be hurting you by keeping your mind on it kind of like you are waiting for a post from one of us that clears your brain that it's ok. I guarantee a Dr that isn't a quack would not like this idea I guarantee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You don't need to apologize, but I completely disagree with your comments about this forum maybe hurting. Not the case I assure you. I have already received incredible comments that have produced many suggestions along with plenty of support. Exactly my reason for membership. My mind NEEDS to be thinking about all aspects of the decision I will eventually make.
-BP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

True BP I see and respect that reasoning. I usually just read these forums so this is my 1st time actually participating so buddy I wish u all the good luck in the world and may god be with you through your decisions but just my opinion after bein clean as long as you have why go back down the same road you have been on cause u and I know that road is rough but good luck

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HeHateMe wrote:
True BP I see and respect that reasoning. I usually just read these forums so this is my 1st time actually participating so buddy I wish u all the good luck in the world and may god be with you through your decisions but just my opinion after bein clean as long as you have why go back down the same road you have been on cause u and I know that road is rough but good luck

So just to be perfectly clear, after being on suboxone alone for 4 years, and now having 1 full year OFF the suboxone and everything else, you would go right back on the suboxone at this time to prevent a possible future relapse?
-BP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No man I'm saying no do not go back or try your best to!! I mean you are asking my opinion and if your reasoning is being afraid of relapse as a reason to go back on the sub then more power to you I hope it keeps you from other drugs! But if I was that afraid of relapse my brain would be thinking the same as yours! I just pray ur cravings or want for the other goes away all together or lessens so you aren't having to post a get back on sub treatment question. I just know if I hade been clean that long I would do whatever I could to not go back and hey if u can't handle it and go back I'm still proud of ya! I admire people who are wanting to better themselves and we are all different in our ways of doing that

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 pm 

Hey BP! I'm so glad that our Romeo chimed in because he has such great experience to draw upon. He has used the couple slips he mentioned as learning experiences. He is now at the point where he knows a lot of his triggers and can tell when he is starting behaviors that will lead to a slip. I think that's what he means by saying that he didn't learn much about recovery until more than a year after he stopped subs.

What he is saying about having support people with whom you can be completely honest is incredibly important too. It seems that there aren't many people in your life who know about addiction and I totally understand why you wouldn't want to spread it around. But you need someone to be accountable to if you decide to stay off the subs, or even if you don't. This forum is awesome for that purpose. That's one of the reasons I'm so glad that you jumped in and told your story.

I also disagree that coming to this forum would be detrimental to a decision to stay off sub. For some people it might not be helpful, but I think that for you hearing both sides of the argument is valuable. I think it also helps that you are able to feel a bunch of support from non-judgmental people here. We really understand where you are coming from.

The great thing about your situation is that you have plenty of time to make this decision. Plus, it's a decision that you could always make later if you did slip. It is also wonderful that you know you don't have to go on a large daily dose if you do go back on sub. AND you know how to be successful at tapering!

Go BP!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was actually hoping Romeo would post and have a few things to say also, Amy. I've read plenty of the 3,500+ posts he has made here. And him giving of his time so freely to help others, while being here going on 4 years, tells me he knows his stuff, and one should pay close attention to the things he has to say.

I don't mean to speak like you aren't here, Romeo. I just wanted you to know that I really do appreciate your response. I think admiting the couple slips you've had speaks for itself. You didn't have to ever mention it and no one would have known, except you. That kind of thing gets my attention quickly! Well done and thank you again.

You know Amy, I do have plenty of time to make this decision as you said, and not in any hurry, but really I kinda am ya know? What I mean is, while I'm not having cravings beating down my door, I know what can happen real quickly too. I'm just a bit confused.

I think what it really boils down to would be IF I did happen to have that slip and use again, I would be so upset that I hadn't already made the decision to go back on. I play that guessing game over and over in my head. But theres also something to be said for making it a year free of all substances too. Theres not many that actually make it that far without any slips. Arrggghhh. Lol.

You guys are amazing!

-BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is a post by Dr. Junig that I just read. It's definitely an eye-opener that's for sure. If it does happen, and the rules for obtaining suboxone (from a doctor) are about to change, those that may be wanting to spend years, or even a lifetime on bupe may have to consider a different alternative. Unless your state does not mandate the change. As Dr. J also states, a price increase is another factor looming in the horizon it appears.

This is definitely a wait and see situation in my opinion, and one shouldn't jump too quick to change until more info has been presented. Maybe our own states we live in won't accept these changes, or maybe they won't have a choice in the matter? Thank you Dr. Junig for bringing this to our attention. Your always on top of things and that is what makes THIS forum so unique over others. I certainly feel your anger.

Here's Dr. J's recent post in case you missed it or haven't had a chance to read it....

suboxdoc
Post subject: Re: dr said dea is changing rulesPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 am

Site Admin

A quick update-- several states are adding regulations that will effectively kill the use of Suboxone over time-- by pushing docs away from getting involved, dramatically increasing costs, etc.

Ohio medical board is taking comments until April 16; please consider writing to them, calling, or accessing their web site. Their new rules include ALL patients seen monthly for 18 months; ALL patients in therapy or going to at least 3 step meetings per week, maximum 16 mg dose, all patients having (and paying for) drug testing at least monthly for 18 months...

Does forced therapy do anything positive?
Some patients do very well from day one-- is it right to require therapy in order to access a medication?

They are upset over diversion--- But the pain pills and heroin are killing people, not diverted Suboxone. Yet there are NO similar requirements for people on opioid agonists.

Twisted.

If it does happen I'm certain it will cause plenty of uproar from addicts everywhere trying to better their lives. If it happens in my state, that will make the decision that I'm currently weighing a no-brainer and a very easy one. Of course I would remain off the subs and continue as I am fighting the beast one day at a time. But I truly hope for those that want to remain on the subs much longer than 18 months, and not be FORCED to attend therapy or step meetings it never happens.

Please feel free to comment here, but the post by Dr. Junig is within the thread "dr said dea is changing rules" located in the "Legal Issues" section of the forum. You may want to respond on that thread instead?

-BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmm.. forced therapy. Could be beneficial for some.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Of course you could be correct, Tinydancer, but I really do believe the majority of addicts would much rather be allowed to make the decision to attend themselves rather than be forced to go.

I have attended some therapy sessions, and also been involved in both NA and AA. But I can tell you that if any doctor tried to force me to attend via his rules, or state requirements, there is no way I would go if I had issues with NA for example, or had no way of paying for therapy.

I hear what you're saying though. Some might really need that kick in the backside before they would ever go. And it could make the difference in their lives. And if they REALLY wanted on suboxone they may indeed do as instructed. But for some like me (very stubborn) I might consider going back on methadone just to have it my own way.

Good thought tho.

-BP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:59 pm 

I am sorry to report that Ball Player has deceived the forum and is really another member called Brown Eyed Girl.

For more information, please see this post: brown-eyed-girl-karen-ball-player-t10222.html

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:

As I was saying..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3