It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I did as of Jan 1, 2011 and almost 2 weeks into the stop.

I wasn't someone who abused opiates, but was medically prescribed opiates for 1 year and they got me toxic and hooked. I was put on suboxone for 1 year now. Started at 8 mg once a day for 3 months. Then 4 mg for 3 more months. Then 2 mg in morning and 2 mg at night which was still 4mg for 2 months. Then 4 mg in morning only for 2 months. the we split the 2 mg in 1/4's and took that 1 month. But was suppose to do that for 2 months but I did that for my 11 month then by myself tried to break it smaller for the last month. It was maybe a 1/8 of the 4 mg pill. I tried to make it as small as a chips as I could for the last month.

Then Jan 1, 2011 I stopped and was terrified. Day 1,2,3 I was a little sick to stomach. Day 4,5,6,7 got better but couldnt sleep and shaky legs, day 8 I actually got up in the am and felt normal. By night I felt a little tired. Day, 8,9.10, and 11 I just started feeling better and better. Just tired and didnt sleep weel. Tonight is day 12 and I getting ready to go to bed and rewally feeling the best ive felt in 2 years.

It wasnt as bad as I thought. My doctor told me it wouldnt be bad. She was right.

She also gave me 1 mg Adavin for anxiety as needed if I wanted to take them. I did for the first 3 days. It helped I think

I truly believe the better and longer the taper the less wd's

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks so much for sharing your story. There are so many ridiculous horror stories about quitting sub, that your experience and how you did your taper is very valuable. Keep up the excellent work!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the great story. It's a great success story that'll be SO encouraging to other members who are contemplating quitting suboxone!