It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quick History- 41 years old was on suboxone for 6 years 8mg a day and now have been clean for a year and half. And the 2 times I have gotten sick were like OMG fucking shoot me now and damm near the pain levels of opiate and suboxone withdrawal. So i am asking is this due to that I might still be in PAWS mode and a stomach virus might add to the pain. I know being sick sucks...but GOD Damm I don't remember it being that fucking nasty?? Anyone else with clean time have a similar experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. Since getting off of Suboxone, when I get sick, there are a subset of symptoms that mimic opiate wd. So, not only do you get the regular symptoms that come along with the flu or a cold or whatever it is making you sick, the sickness also seems to trigger wd like symptoms.

I'm not a doctor, so I'm just taking a stab in the dark at this, but I thought maybe it had something to do with our neural pathways being so traumatized by wd (for those of us who had a nasty wd), that when we get sick, those same pathways or whatever kinda get reactivated? Heck, I don't know?

I do know that the more time I get off of Suboxone (I'm at 2.5 years off Suboxone), the less being sick triggers those wd type symptoms, so don't give up hope, I think those symptoms will continue to fade with time.