It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I am living with my aunt and her son is a real sticky finger, I try to lock my medication up in a suitcase but that doesn't stop him, I had to run to the store the other day to return to a picked lock and all my meds taken except 1.....LUCKILY, it was the last of my medication, my Dr. Appt is on Tuesday 6/17 at 11am

I cut my last 8mg into teeny pieces and stretched them over 5 days...HELL I tell you to feel like a slave to this drug- but I can not chance relapsing and going out getting high.

I am surely suffering here at work right now...
But I don't know what to do?
Every addict I am sure has lied so much, I havent thus far ever run out of my medication early... Shit, I remember when I moved to Atlanta, I stretched an entire 30 day supply out 60 days til i found someone....

My aunt begged me not to tell the police cause her son is always in trouble, but if it is a matter of medication I wonder if I should just report him...
Does anyone know some kind of Miracle OTC Medications to help me make it to tuesday?
I wonder if I am going to die because I surely feel like it!
I get drug tested EVERY SINGLE TIME I go to the Dr. I can not risk getting kicked out my program....I can not risk much..

Please Help,
Atlanta is Lonely Place
Monikah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry for your situation that really sucks. If you are completely out of subs the only OTC med that will do anything substantial is loperamide (immodium) it is an opioid itself but it is said to not cross the blood brain barrier but it will really take the edge off of withdrawal if you have nothing else. Some people claim it takes away all their withdrawal but for me unfortunately thats not the case but it did help and next time I'm withdrawaling I'm gonna use it again. Also regarding telling the police or not thats your call but IMO unless you have another place to stay lined up I wouldn't think its a good idea, even though its 100% his fault and you did nothing wrong parents tend to always side with their kids in these situations, he would get into some serious trouble if hes 18 or older, he would probably go to jail for a few days or maybe more and for sure get year/years of probation and a permanent record and would also most likely be forced to get an "evaluation" at a drug rehab center which almost always leads to being admitted to their program which will cost thousands of dollars. Id be worried she would kick me out if I was in your situation because despite her stupid son stealing your property like a dirty thief shes gonna be bitter about all those consequences and unless she's a saint she will most likely kick you out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:58 am 

My doctor told me that if I claim my meds were stolen then I'd need to bring in a filed police report to get it re-filled.

Can't say I envy your situation but he had no regard to your withdrawals and chose to steal them. I say report it. He needs to be one them constantly.

Sorry you are put in this delicate situation. Do what you think is best.

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Personally I'd turn the kid in. Sounds like he needs help anyway and you're trying to straighten out your life. Even if he doesn't, he still stole from you and now I assume you've got to pay out of pocket and go through all of this trouble because of this. I've had to file police reports to get stolen meds replaced before but I literally didn't know who took them. I'm a contractor and I happened to have them in my glove box and forgot to lock my doors. If I had known though, I'd have turned them in. Definitely. Especially if this kid has a problem (which he will, if he doesn't already if he's doing this stuff....you and I know the road that this type of behavior leads down....been there, done that).