It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: stolen luggage
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Here is my question, our luggage was stolen yesterday while on vacation, my buprenorphine prescription was in my bag, I had a few in my car for today and Maybe tomorrow, but not enough to make it to my Appointment on Monday with my doc, should I call my doctor and see if they can call me in a prescription for enough pills to make it to Monday or keep it to myself and try to make it without my mess for a few days. This has never happened before but don't want my doctor think I am having issues or there is something wrong

Post subject: Re: stolen luggage
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:12 pm 

Sorry to hear about your luggage. The only way a doctor will give you more is with a police report. Did you file a report on your vacation? If not, maybe you can do it by phone and then request a copy once it's filed. That's what my doctor told me. Maybe yours is nicer. Call and see what he needs to give you a little more.

rule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I did file a report but came home the same day, called about getting a copy and said I would have to request one and they would send in the mail, so I won't even get it in time, Afraid to call and doctor or receptionist think something is up, have been going to this doctor for over 4 years

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you've been seeing this doctor for four years and have a good relationship Id say just call. Besides, if whoever stole the prescription tries to fill it (was it the physical pills themselves or the prescription slip?) or sell it and gets caught your doctor is going to get contacted by the police anyways and wonder why your script ended up in someone else's hands and you didn't mention it. The worst that can happen is he won't send a script. If you want to be really safe, I'd suggest calling to tell him what happened for accountability's sake but not ask for more pills.

This actually happened to me once. At an NA meeting of all places, someone stole my purse with my pills in it (crawling baby at home, started keeping pills zipped away in my purse). I explained to the dr and it was no problem, he trusted me. I wouldn't stress about it.