It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]

Ok, so if you are looking for a dr in the twin cities dr. Alfonso Morales-Utrilla - Blue Cross covers everything so It may be worth getting health insurance through them... is there a law yet that they have to accept people regardless of pre-existing. You have to be careful which plan you get though. He is in St. Paul by the way and subscribs Suboxone plus wellbuterin and klonepin for sleeping. Don't know if this is helpful, but with obamacare, we should have some relief right??? OK I know this isn't the place for it. So don't answer that. Anyway, ask around, if a Dr. takes only one type of insurance then check out how much the insurance will be. Maybe cheaper than paying for Dr. Visits and Meds every month. The cost of my visit and my meds was my 25 dollar co-pay (plus whatever thay take out of my paycheck per month for health insurance. Anyway Good luck everyone!

I usually do not run my notes through grammar and spelling checks... so in advance... please excuse my grammar and spelling errors!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Susanne! I don't know if you are still on the suboxone forum, but I currently have a doctor that I do not get along with and he has crossed some major boundaries with me. Let's just say it's not a good match. I have an appointment soon with Dr. Morales. I want this discussion to be fair about him, no negative hurtful things about him, but am wondering how has your success been with him?? I really hope we are a good match and that he has good bedside manner, genuinely cares about his patients, friendly, and has experience in pain medicine and suboxone maintenance knows ways or resources to obtain methadone maintenance. I have degenerative Disc disease, Facet syndrome, fibromyalgia among other serious chronic pain conditions. However, I am in recovery and am sober.

I am 24 and at age 20 and 21 I had 2 microdiscectomy surguries on my back. One in the spring of 2009 and the next Spring of 2010. Before hand I went through physical therapy, HAD 6 CORTISONE/ RADIO-FREQUENCY INJECTIONS within the span of one year (you are not supposed to get more than three in one year), traction, various narcotic pain and muscle relaxant medications, acupuncture and massage. I Have come to found out that the injections made things worse and decomposed/deteriorated my discs. My surgeon told me that I will most likely need a fushion in my life whether that is in 5 years or 20 years, etc. Docs who give cortisone injections get paid for each injection they give
(to my knowledge), kind of like a tip for a bellman carting luggage around for a hotel guest in a luxury hotel. Obviously the doc gets paid a significant amount for each injection, so that example wasn't comparable. I believe that my suboxone has made my back pain worse and my ADHD worse as well, among other things. How has your experience been with doc Alfonso Morales M.D.? Does he take the time with you that you need does he seem interested it what you have to say and let you take part in your suggestions/goal planning of what you are willing and not willing to do for pain management, if you know any of these things? At this point, considering I am i have had chemical dependency issues but have serious psychical chronic pain conditions that will probably never go awayt, I want to be on methadone for pain...or maybe just opiate maintenance. I don't think it's legal for a doc to agree to both due to ethical responsibilities and law, but I am struggling so much! please respond when you get the chance, hope all is well with you! All the best!

Regards,

Kyle