It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Everyone have a question. I am currently 27 weeks and 6 days pregnant with my second child a little boy. i also have a 15 month old beautiful baby girl. When i found out i was pregnant with my daughter i admitted right off to my drug use only because i wanted the help and didn't want to loose my daughter and wanted her to be healthy. Well they put my on the subutex then once i had her two weeks later they put me on the suboxone. then i found out i was pregnant again so i was put back on the subutex. well things happened and my fiance had relapsed and me being around him while he smoked it made me pee dirty three times is now i have to go to rehab and they also have had me seeing them twice a week. Well i was informed today they want to put me on the suboxone again and take me off the subutex. I do not feel comfortable or safe about this at all i was told that the suboxone will thin out the umbilical cord and harm the baby. so my question is it safe? and also what are the negative affects on taking the suboxone instead of the subutex while pregnant and also has there been any studies with negative factors on taking suboxone instead of subutex while pregnant. also im scared cause i already have a high very high umm how do you put it.... a gene that runs in males on my side of the family that makes it so they might be mentally handicapped

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Mommy

Welcome to the forum. IMO, the doctors have the baby's best interest in mind by switching you to suboxone. I have never heard of someone peeing dirty by being around someone smoking (what did he smoke? Heroin?) dope. I am not judging you just trying to help you see why the doctors want you back on suboxone.

Is your boyfriend back in treatment or still abusing drugs? That is something else you need to think about. Is it safe for your daughter to be around him if he is high and will you and your son be?

If there is a mental illness or disability gene that runs in your family you should let the doctors know. There may be some genetic testing they can do to ease your mind.

I hope others will post to you. I just wanted to Welcome you to the forum and hopefully give you info on asking the doc's for extra testing.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:05 pm 

Hello Mommy :)

The only reason I'd assume that ur doctor is wanting to put u on suboxone and not subutex is probably because u have had positive drug screens. U said u failed three times is that right? They may be thinking that the suboxone will keep u from using better than the subutex (not saying ur using, but they probably think so if u have failed a few tests). That's the only thing I can think of as to why they'd take u off purposely like that. I do however think that suboxone is pretty safe and u and ur baby will be fine regardless. I've never heard of the umbilical cord issues with sub before. There's been several ladies post on the forum here that's used suboxone throughout their whole pregnancy and everything turned out great for them and the baby, so try not to worry and make sure to ask ur Dr tons of questions. I understand ur worries but I think u will be ok. U definitely need all the support u can get right now. Stay away from ppl who're still using, that's too much of a temptation for any of us addicts. I wish u all the best and glad u found this forum.