It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi folks,
It's been a week since I've been on a high dosage of subs (here's my first post for reference: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=48466#48466). I no longer have cravings but at the high dose I'm on (40 mg daily) I often feel drugged and tired. Problem is when I tried to take 8 mg in the am instead of the 16 mg my doctor told me to take, I was even more tired and didn't perk back up until I took the other 8 mgs. Does this sound reasonable? Should I try just taking 4 mg in the morning or will I even be more tired? Can a very high dose cause energy, a medium dose cause drowsiness, and a low dose make me feel normal? Please help! Today was exhausting!
Thanks,
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi skelly, sorry to hear you are still having trouble. remember i am not a doctor, just speaking from my experience. whenever i tried adjusting my dose, i only had problems when i tinkered with my morning dose. try keeping that the same, but cutting down the rest of the day. if memory serves me correctly, you havent been on subs long. good luck and keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sub is a weird drug with drowsyness. I'll just tell you how it works for me, and maybe you can relate.

I've found Suboxone has a bit of a stimulant feel to it, in that if I take it before I plan on sleeping, I get a burst of energy and stay up another couple of hours often.

BUT at the same time, I need more hours sleep while on Sub than while I'm off all opioids.If I give myself 8 hours sleep (what I normally need), I do feel like I need a nap for an hour or two to make up for it. Overall I can feel lethargic if I don't get the extra sleep I need.

I've also found that if my dose of Sub is too high, I feel NARC'D - meaning stoned, which always has a drowsy element to it. IMO this is always a sign that the dose is far too high. Buprenorphine shouldn't make a person feel narc'd or euphoric, as running on too-high a dose can cause buprenorphine to make your opioid tolerance go UP - and once that happens, it's a lot harder to make it go back down.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I decided to try taking one dose daily in the afternoon today. I was so out of it at work yesterday I think people thought there was something wrong with me. It's been 18 hours since my last dose and I feel no withdrawals at the moment. Don't some people just take one dose a day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Skelly, if you feel stoned / drugged, your dose is too high... if you stay on that dose and allow your body to become tolerant to it, you will pay in the long term by having a higher tolerance to opioids than before you went on Sub.

You will end up more physically dependent on opioids because of Suboxone. When a person's tolerance goes up, those changes to the brain are long term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
Skelly, if you feel stoned / drugged, your dose is too high... if you stay on that dose and allow your body to become tolerant to it, you will pay in the long term by having a higher tolerance to opioids than before you went on Sub.

You will end up more physically dependent on opioids because of Suboxone. When a person's tolerance goes up, those changes to the brain are long term.

I absolutely don't want that. I already lowered my dose and feel better. I don't want to be on this stuff forever!