It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Still Craving
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm on 16 mg a day and I'm still craving. I really want to shoot heroin. I've been on this for about 5 months and it was working good until lately. My doctor said if I'm getting cravings at this dose than it's not working for me and I have to get on methadone. But I can't. I don't have a car to go to the place every morning. What do I do??

Post subject: Re: Still Craving
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Frank
So sorry you're still having cravings! That sucks! What kind of support system do you have? Do you go to counseling, too? Do you have hobbies or something you can replace those cravings with? I'd love to hear more about your background. Did you have an introduction post?
Hang in there! Cravings are better than full blown addiction. You don't want to go back into the flood again.
(into the flood again....layne staley singing that in my ears :)
the first time i quit cold turkey i listened to the same alice in chains song on repeat for 3 weeks! music helps or watch movies. take up jogging. idk what your into.

Post subject: Re: Still Craving
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Frank, I really think you need to get around some people. I'm at the same dosage and like you I'm also having some mild cravings. Although you seem to be feeling a little more desperate right now. You mentioned before that you attend SMART Recovery correct? Well now would be a good time to work the "ABC's". Controlling impulses is key to preventing a relapse. Go to their website and download any of their tools that are free, or buy them if you can afford it - http://www.smartrecovery.org/resources/toolchest.htm

I can't stay online for very long at the moment but I'll try and check back later. I just wanted you to know that I see you're having a rough time and I want to encourage you to stay strong. I know that's often easier said than done, but the SMART tools, in particular the workbook or whatever they call it, can be effective at helping you to rationalize your thoughts and feelings during intense cravings. If you're not familiar with the ABC's yet, checkout some videos on YouTube.

Better yet, if you have someone you can call on the phone, do it. I'm sorry I can't be of more help at the moment. I'll check back later. Take care of yourself Frank!!