It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Stiff neck and headaches
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So here's the deal. Its day17 since my last dose of bupes. I have a medical question i wonder if the kind Dr. Junig or anyone who has insights, or even someone who has experienced the same thing, could shed some light into it.

I have experienced migraines with sub. Now i have headaches not migraines, know the difference from the absence of nausea.I told myself its part of the process. A week ago, more or less, the lower back on my skull, neck, felt stiff, sore, sensitive. At 1st, again told myself, must be from the ill position i layed in the tub for long periods of time.So my next and following soaks i have used a soft pillow. This symptoms(excuse my french, my spelling is terrible), are persisting and getting more acute. My scalp and hair is sensitive, i feels like sinus pains, but its also located like a thick band around my head.It goes to the upper part on my back and shoulders.The inside of my ears feel swollen too,and of course the sneezing.The only other time i had a stiff neck was following some serious headbanging concerts in my punk days...

My body is telling me something, i dont know how to interpret it. I have been doing some research online, there's too much medical language i dont understand really. Since i got a headache, seems logical to limit my time on the computer wiki all the anatomical body part i didnt know i had and try to find their corelations .I am in a country where i am not followed by a family doctor,i was simply relayed to an Rx valid here from my country of origins, i would call my homeland clinic, but since i was one of the 1st 10 to be induced in my province, i dont think they have much experienced with what im dealing, and im not a patient there anymore.Part of the problem is once your out, they dont want anything to do with you anymore unless your on the yr or yrs waiting list to be seen.(personnaly i think its the biggest problem with the system and why people developpe habitual use, the waiting time till one can actually receive help, but anyway that a totally different subjet) i still feel the shame, stigma surrounding my situation to just go out and confide my medical history to a doc that doesnt speak my language or i his/hers.

Basicly, i dont know where to turn to for answers.I like to understand how and why this is happening to me and what i can do about it.This forum has been amazing with support and info for me and the likes of me.

Appreciate the clarifications.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:04 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I'm not a Dr...... Could be cervical spine issues, discs squeeze out ( herniation ) and push on nerves or nerve roots.. Opiates are pretty much the only Rx that works here Tramadol is the mildest way to go, It is addictive though, I have had to grow up and use it with my Suboxone... Sounds like your BIGGEST problem is the OBAMA care your having to deal with , Sorry ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought about it after posting here while in the tub. It might have something to do with spinal cord, might, idk, since i think that's how neurons send signals from the transmitters, from what i think i understand. I have a few vertberbres crushed from a previous accident which lead me back to opiods, not opiates 2nd time around.

About the Obama health care, sorry dude, Canadian here,( just couldnt help with my point of view after reading you) i find it amazing that some americains dont understand the improvement he is bringing to you money making, discriminatory health care system, what is wrong with equal health care to all, seriously.You know what stopping it? Money, not the cost of it, but the amount lost by those on the benefiting end of the one you are in.Those who pay for all these exponantialy increasing election campaigns. And propaganda. Do you really think they would prevent something like equal health care to all if they werent threaten by it? Why only very recently suboxone is administered in Canada? Because we do decades of study before introducing any drug treatement available to all. Instead of ads with a minute long side effects that may occur, cuz they havent elaborated the long term side effects yet. You know what im talking about.

I have strongly believed since the very 1st moment i noticed that i had physical w/d,( seems many yrs ago now) that if early help was available before any habit, contacts, struggles, paterns ever occured, i would had saved many years of my life. I would had only experiemented like i did with other drugs and never became an habitual junkie. Early help to me seems the key.
Sorry about the ranting, its off topic, but politics do have a significant impact on all of our recoveries, most likely not the right place to post it. I just had to rebute.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I had the same symptoms(horrible headache/stiff neck) on about the same day you did(off subs for 19 days). It's gotten much better in the last few days(day 22 now), sure hope it does for you too. Hang in there. Sorry to not have any medical advice though.