It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi im starting to go into wd and i was wondering if taking a xanex woould help. feeling extremely anxious and jittery. i was also wondering if the dr would exclude me from starting sub if i had xanex in my system?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I dont think having Xanax in your system on your first appt would stop your dr from prescribing suboxone. During my withdrawal period, I took ambien that I had & a Xanax that was prescribed to my husband to ease some of the symptoms. I was of course given a urine screen, but my dr never said anything about any of it showing up. I mean, we're addicts right so I think they kind of expect us to have dirty urine... I wouldn't worry about it too much before your first appointment honestly, but I wouldn't take anything other than what you are prescribed after your induction so that you don't show up for anything later. I'm sure you already know that.

That's just my opinion though, I'm sure others will give you more opinions and guidance as well. I knew the end was in sight before my appt but, I sure wanted to ease those withdrawals as much as possible. The ambien helped a lot, the Xanax was helpful too to me anyway, but doesn't last long in my opinion. Good luck, and just remember, it's almost over & soon you'll be feeling better! When is your appt? I'm sorry if you posted that in another thread, I'm on my phone now and didn't see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

my app is tomorrow at 9am. im kinda concerned about driving myself to the app. i dont have anyone to ask to drive me and im wondering how severe the wd will be in the morning.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok, well first of all, that's great news that you're getting in so quickly in the morning! My appointment was the same time and I wanted it that way, as early as possible. So, good, not too much longer.

I drove myself to the appointment. I was in pretty bad withdrawls then, but I did actually sleep pretty well the night before because of the ambien, but I was awake at 6 counting down the minutes until the appt. You should be alright to drive yourself. I've read stories on here, one that sticks out in my mind and I have no idea who's post it was, but she had to take her 3 kids to school that morning before her appt, and she'd been withdrawling for almost 48 hours and she was dreading it... she made it, just like I did, and just like you will in the morning. You can do it!

Don't forget to jump on here tomorrow afternoon and let us all know how it went! You will definitely be feeling much better 20-30 minutes after you take your first dose! Good Luck and please update us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]*****GOOD LUCK IN THE MORNING*****[/marq]

Hey I just wanted to say good luck, Im pretty sure you'll be allright to drive, just pay attention, and you know, be safe!!!

w/d is hell, but I used to drive to a relative's house (4 hours away) for my drug of choice, and I would have driven across a tornado, to make it. LOL

If you have any questions, be sure and write'm down, before you go in, so you dont forget :wink: (or get nervous)

other than that, I wouldnt worry about the xanax either. you could even tell the doctor, you just had to take something to take the edge off. a "benzo" wont affect your opiate w/d.

ok, dont forget to let us know how it went, and how you feel SO MUCH BETTER :wink:

sending you strength, tonite :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you all for your comments and support. took the xanex and it did help. im fixing to try to sleep. wish me luck with that, lol. ill post after my app tomorrow. hoping it helps as much as everyone says. Goodnight all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning dragonfly!!!!!!!!!!!! Well whats the verdict???? I cant wait to hear how you are doing. I thought of you this morning while having coffe...LOL...Hope it all goes well and you are feeling great! Please update us when you are home!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey good morning! Well was feeling really bad this morning but I made
it to dr just fine. Took my dose (1/2 of 8mg strip) starting feeling better quickly. Its been about an hour and now im starting to feel jittery. Kinda high almost. Is that normal at first or do you think it was too much? Supposed to dose again in 4 hrs. Should I try a 1/4 of a strip?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's exactly how I felt about an hour or two after I took my first dose. I was a little jittery and felt kinda weird. I wouldn't say high, like you said though, almost... I don't know, it's hard to explain, but sounds like what you are feeling now. I can tell you what I did and that was taking a quarter like you asked about. I felt nauseated and a little jittery for about 3 full days though and then the feelings subsided and I just felt normal. I think it's completely up to you and what you feel comfortable taking. If in 4 hours you feel like dosing the the half strip, take it. If you still feel this way, take a quarter. You may feel a lot better by then anyway. I think it's completely normal and probably expected to feel a little different until your body adjusts to the medication.

I'm sure others will jump on and give you their advice, but you're gonna have to do what you feel comfortable with mostly. Just be sure you continue the meds though or your body will go into withdrawal and you'll feel worse. I think, if I understood what everyone was telling me correctly. I know there was a couple times I almost felt like not taking it and I did take too small a dose and I ended up feeling worse. After a few days, I started to feel much better, no nausea, no jitters, no sweats. It just takes some time to adjust just like anything else.

Good for you though! I'm glad everything went well for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok, i felt really funky for a little bit, kinda loopy feeling i guess. So i came home and laid down for a bit, feeling better now except for a slight headache.Now its time for my next dose, i think im going to do 1/4 this time. I dont really feel like i need it yet, but its been 5hrs and im afraid i will go back into withdrawals if i dont. Wish me luck. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doing great :wink:

I think you will 'level out' with how your feeling in a few days.
When I first started suboxone, I got headaches, for about two weeks. some aleve always took the headache away, but they did subside soon.

There are some ppl that spit out the extra 'part' of the meds, after its MOSTLY disolved, becuz the naloxone, is thought to cause the headaches. Most of the naloxone, is whats left after you absorb the buprenorphine.
so, you could try that as well. I never did, I never had the internet until six mos or so into sub therapy, so like i said the headaches went away for me, but everyones different.

so, dont you feel a huge wieght off your shoulders????? thats how I felt my first few days. Id wake up in the morning, and be like, am I still me? im not 'sick' what the hell??? OH yea!! Im better now!! No 'hustlin' all day long to get me 'well'
YAY!!!

hope your doing okay, mentally and physically. Dont forget to do something for YOURSELF these next few days.
try to reward yourself somehow.
Me, I bought new clothes, like a new pair of jeans one payday, new shoes the next, to make myself feel GOOD, for quitting the pills/h.
It really helped me kind of 'grieve' my drug of choice. Its a normal thing to go thru. Im not sure if your feeling that way yet, but you might.
Just trying to help.

wishing you the very best of everything :wink:
hang in there

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well i only took 2mg for my second dose and i feel much better.i am so thankful i found this forum. without all you guys i would be going through this basically alone.Because of all of yalls support and info i knew to adjust my dose, and it made a huge differance. amber, this is just day one for me but i am already feeling so much relief. its amazing, I almost feel "normal" lol. Im planning on getting a mani/pedi, its about time i did something for myself besides buying "medicine". I know this is just the beginning of a long difficult journey, but for the first time in years i think im strong enough to do it. Going to bed now, hopeful that tomorrow will go as well as today.G'night all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello dragonfly...I love that screen name by the way. I was just like Amber. I couldn't believe I was waking up in the morning and feeling normal! LIke, shouldn't I be popping a half a dozen pills right now??? Then I would take my sub and go about my day.

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling a lot better. I was in the same boat with the headaches and nausea. I go back and read my first few posts and I can't remember feeling that crappy. It really does level out rather quickly. I am one of the ones that spits out the left over saliva. That was on the advice of my doctor. Most of what is left after everything dissolves is the naloxone. Once I started spitting that out, I never had another headache. It worked well for me.

I'm so glad to hear about you getting yourself a mani/pedi. I love the pedi's. They feel so good! Especially when they massage my calves!!! You deserve to pamper yourself these next couple of days and weeks especially. Like Amber said, its rewarding and in a way, you do have to grieve the loss of not so much the drug, as that part of your life. It was such a huge part of who I was for so long that it's only natural to feel a little off. It took a couple of weeks for me to feel that. But it also went away quickly. There isn't a single thing that I miss about that "me".

So, congratulations and good luck. Keep coming on here and posting as often as you need to. I had a few struggles in the beginning. We will all help you in any way that we can!