It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello forum friends, I am continuing my earlier thread (introductions) in this section because it is my intention to taper down to as low as I can then jump. I have read just about everything on this forum and have a pretty good idea what I am up against. So far I have tapered from 4 mg begining Sept. sometime. I went down to 3 and back and forth till I stabelized. Then on down to where I am curently at which is 2.5 mg. It seems as though I am tapering rather quickly, which is what I have really wanted. I have had some pretty mild feelings of withdrawl, mostly aches, pains and extreme moodiness (well the moodiness my not be exactly a NEW thing especially if you ask my kids) Anyhow, I did also notice my legs having a burning sensation the night I went down to 2.5 mg from 3 mg. I am guessing it was symptoms of restless leg syndrome. It was alarming because I have never had that before. I did not like it one bit. (who does, right?) I decided to go on to one of my favorite holistic websites, Earthclinic. It has home & folk remedies and such. So I looked up RLS to see if there were any HOME REMEDIES. YES It DID! It had a certain silly (seeming) home remedy. It said to put a bar of Ivory soap in your bed or in your socks when you go to sleep, to ward off RLS. I read some great testamonials. Some people actually said it WORKS. I have yet to try it, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here because so many of you experience RLS. So give it a try if ya are fresh out of ideas. I mean it couldnt hurt. It said lack of magnesium could be one cause RLS and the bar of soap has a high content of magnesium. I'd think it's not completely far fetched if it works for some people. I intend to try it for sure. There are lots of other remedies and if you like to read, go check out this site. I find it very interesting. I have used many home remedies from that site with great results.
I will keep posting reguarding my taper. I do hope it will help some of you, just as so many of your posts here have helped me. MANY Blessings to all,
-Sweet16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok so here I am, I have gone down to 2 mg. Today is my 3rd day on 2mg. Lastnight was definately uncomfortable. I went to bed early. My back was killing me and my feet hurt too. I took my normal dose of Xanex and 3 advil. I drank my sleepytime tea. I did sleep, although not soundly. I had cold sweats, but I was too tired to get up and turn on the heat. I also had a full bladder but again did not want to get out of bed. I was freezing. To me that is strange. I could have easily grabbed my robe and turned on the heat & used the restroom. I have read in a few other peoples threads that they too, did not want to get up out of bed to take their meds. or what not. I swear this feels like a secret society sometimes all of us on sub treatment. Anyway. I woke up & had to get out of bed because I drive my kids to school. If I did not have to drive I would still be in bed. I was looking forward to taking my sub this morning for sure! My back still hurts and I am still cold, but other than that, I feel ok. I do have an appetite and my spirits are up. I think reading Lillyvals thread and of course others helps. I know "It could always be worse" and I know this will not last forever. I have a friend going thru cancer treatments, surgery and it sucks for him so I try to put my situation into perspective.
Everybody have a great day & thanks for reading, shareing & just being here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You may want to talk to your Dr about a script for clonodine. It is a blood pressure med that is prescribed off label for withdrawl. As you get lower your symptoms will become more pronounced and it works by calming your sympatic nervous system which is what is going hay wire. It will help at night with the sweats, rls and skin crawling. It is non addictive and is safe to use for as long as u need it. Keep kicking butt and remember to take care of yourself along the way. Don't push yourself too hard, when you feel you need a day in bed, take it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you for the advice Breezy_Ann. I will ask my doc about Clonodine. I have read many people on here find this useful. I will be kind to myself. This entire process is absolutely a turning point in my life. I have always taken my health for granted. I know there are many people who only WISH for a healthy body and mind. I was born with one and here I am screwing it up. It is shameful to me. I hope and pray that my kids see the crap I have put us thru and choose a different road. "Human Nature"
I guess....I'll go for a walk, get some fresh air & sunshine. I read that sunshine helps your body regulate seratonin & melatonin, which helps regulate our internal clock, making our sleep patterns.
Good day to all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Friday all, Well, I am now on day 4 of 2mg. of sub. Geeze. I am finally getting what all of you are talking about. There are definitely some symptoms that I am experiencing. None of them debilitating. Thankfully I have xanax for sleep. I have had insomnia since a very young girl, like 8-9 yrs. Who knows why. So I am only taking 1-1.5 mg of Xanny, sleeping pretty good. Although I have noticed waking up slightly earlier than usual. When I do wake up it is not pleasant. I am cold and my bones are stiff, and I have just enough energy to take my meds and make my coffee. (I take meds then have coffee after) I have been taking my meds as directed however I spit after 10-15 min. I seem to be doing fine with that method. I figure why swallow the naloxone? I do not need any extra crap in my system. Not to mention I think it is quite possible withdrawing from naloxone may create unpleasant symptoms as well. Who knows, but i'd rather detox off less meds rather than more. Just my theory.
Luckily I live at the beach so I have a great arena to get out , get a bit of exercize and enjoy some fresh air, the negative ions from the ocean and there are plenty of people to share a smile with. Unfortunately with the extra emotional crap going on I have been thinking about my ex whom I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt is a NO GO... But this is par for the course. He has been my revolving door for 6 years..and the door is closed, for ever. As long as I keep that door closed & locked, throw they key as far into said ocean, it will never again wash ashore. (fingers crossed)
Anyway on to the real stuff. I took the day off yesterday. I did not even turn my phone on. It was a nice day. I went for a walk to the beach and I even listened to my Ipod. I had Aretha Franklin on and I kept replaying Chain of Fools. I really was enjoying my walk and I actually felt really good. I did sweat my as off and by the time I got home I was drenched. I had to keep in mind to hydrate. I made 3 different dishes for supper for the week. I enjoy cooking and it is relaxing for me. Plus I do not have to cook for the next few days. The kids can just grab some food and pop it in the microwave and I do not have to think about it. Good mama. One of my friends asked me if I wanted to meet her and a few other friends at a local bar/ diner for a cocktail. I declined. I really do not feel like drinking at all. I am a beer kinda girl and since on sub, I just have not had much desire. When I do indulge, I have really low energy the next day and have trouble sleeping soundly. I also seem to get stuffy. I know, beer is a histamine. I can honestly say for the first time in my life I am damned focused on really getting clean. although I do smoke a bit of MJ occasionally in the eve. It helps my appetite. I am about 120 and 5'6. I do not want to loose too much weight. I do not think it looks very good on me to be thinner than I am. Not to mention I do not feel strong and healthy when I am under weight.
I took my sub this morning and not soon enough. I was stiff as a board. YIKES! Not fun. I am feeling like an old lady. lol only I remember my Granny seemed healthier off at 94 than I do at 39..lol. Im sure that is just my mind trying to have a pitty party. All in all I am feeling pretty decent. (especially since I took my meds about an hour ago & they are kicking in right now nicely!) I will keep up with my taper thread. I do not mind if I do not get feedback, this is mostly for me to keep track of my progress and to vent. However feel free to comment, make suggestions, give advice etc. I am open to all.. Blessings to all and have a beautiful day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, you sound like although you are having a bit of a rough time that you are doing everything you can to help the process. It may become more difficult but keeping the positive attitude you have will go a long way.

When I was on oxy I would have the same problem in the morning. I would wake up in pain and sweaty. It would take a good hour after taking my meds to feel somewhat normal. So I started taking my oxy early in the morning and would go back to bed. This helped me because I woke up feeling better and had a better start to the day. Although at the time I had newborn twins that would wake me up and was so tired had no trouble falling back asleep. Seeing that you are already waking up earlier this may be counter productive for you.

Another thing people report doing once the get down to low doses is taking their sub at night. I have read a few posts where people say this works better because they are able to sleep better and do not wake up with withdrawl symptoms. The theory is they would rather have those symptoms in the evening than while trying to sleep and beginning their day that way.

I am not sure if either of these sound like something you would like to try but just thought I would let you know. Also getting clonodine will help with some of your symptoms. Keep up the kick ass job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like despite the discomfort you have been experiencing, over all you are KICKING ASS! Good for you getting outside in the sun, exercising and breathing in the salt air. I think that is really the best remedy and I wish I had done more of it when I was WDing. It's also great that you are making meals ahead of time and being positive and proactive.

I know you're not asking for advice, but I have to say I would slow down the tapering at this point for a bit. For me things went down hill fast as I got below 2 mg (granted I did it pretty abruptly). But with the symptoms you're having now you might want to give your body time to adjust. Also in re: the magnesium, a lot of people swear by Epsom salts and I read that when you add them to the bath the magnesium is absorbed through the skin. I guess Mg isn't absorbed too well orally. Anyway, I found that the Epsom salts baths virtually took me out of WD. Of course it doesn't last for too long once you get out, but at least you can take a break for a while (and get warmed up if you're having the chills).

Keep up the good work. Oh and please be super careful of the benzos. Someone recommended to me to take Ambien instead of benzos for sleep because it's less addictive. Anyway I'm really pulling for you. I don't have half the energy and drive that you seem to, and I was able to do it. So I know YOU can!
Take care,
Lilly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i took my last .50 gram of suboxone tue.moring oct. 4th...I was at .25 g for 2 weeks but somehow inscreaed the dosage

to .50 g. Im on unemployment now so i thought there would never be a better time. I know sometimes certain doctors wont

dish-out the

klonopin. dont get me wrong clonodine works, but klonpin makes it much easier for me. As for my 3rd day off suboxone

after a 4 year addiction to this peice of shit "medicine"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey sweet 16, just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck with your taper… :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG!!! You guys are RAD! (I know, I am an 80's child) Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is MUCH appreciated. It really boosts my determination.

Breezy, holy molly! YOU HAVE TWINS..That alone makes you super-woman. I am definately taking your advise. It has sorta crossed my mind if taking my meds at night would be ok or not. I look forward to my meds. it in the morning, but I am not trying to develope a new habit. It may be worth a try just to switch it up. Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot.

Lillyval, you are so right. I have not really had much in the way of withdrawl until now, that I am on 2 mg. Whew, I am feeling all kinds of things. I AM taking baths (never used to) adding epsom salt like you mentioned. It absolutely helps like nothing else. I sorta feel like I am pulling all the tricks out of my hat too soon. I know I am going to need use every little thing I can, when I actually do jump. I am going to go to the doc and get clonidine for sure, although I'll wait to use it till I jump. I am afraid if I keep doing all the things you guys suggest now while I am just tapering they will not work as well when I really need them. I am definitely going to listen to my body before I drop again.
Ahhh the benzo thing. Well, I have been taking them for over a year, so it is clear that i will have to address that issue as well eventually. It is odd, but while I was on my DOC, I did not take benzos and I did not get withdrawl, but I am not using this as an excuse. I know I will have to work this out in the future. So how are you doing? I think you are around 5 or 6 days now right? I have not had a chance to read much today. I will catch up tonight. I hope you are moving right along...
Shane86, thanks for your comments. How are you feeling now? Are you are on your 3rd day off of sub? I cant wait to be off sub too. I am so glad you commented on my post. It is so helpful to read other peoples experiences. Everyone has a different story and each one has unique circumstances. Good for you for taking charge and reclaiming your life back. It gives me real hope for change in my own life. I wish you luck as you move forward. I know there will be challanges, but if you really want it, you CAN move past your addictions and start living the life you want. Be positive & do not let anything stand in your way of a life FREE from addiction.
Substation- Thank you so much. I have read thru all of your posts and I have to say I feel like you are like a mentor to many here and quite a success jumping so high. (12 mg right) GEEZE. I am guessing somewhere around sept. 11 was your last dose? Gosh how ya feeeling now? That is right about the time I started to think I was going to taper. Now look, I am down from 4 mg to 2mg. I owe a lot to reading everyones experiences and the encouragement.
FROM MY HEART, everyone, thank you all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks bro. all we need is good caring friends or family around...and ofcourse the correct prescription....When i lived in roch, ny my doc would prescribed clonodine and some muscle relaxer. Then my new doc in detroit script me out 30 2mg klonpin and 30 100mg trazadone tabs.. much better offer if u ask me. sweet 16 you just gotta stay strongif ur legs feel restless wellththen get up and walk around....Go on 1-2 walks a day to build up those much needed endorphines. I swear once i get back from a walk i feel alot better than before i left the door.u just have to believe u can do it...im on day 6 of being off suboxone...to tell u the truth,,its not all that bad, not as bad as all these whiners(obviously they didnt taper down correctly) everyone body chem. is diff....I did take clonodine awhile back and it seemed fine . But my opinion, klonopin is better, just dont talke if for more than 7-9 days then switch to clonodine...

Its a great thing ur on the forum to help relief some stress and get ur important questions answer.

stay right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks shane86 for keeping it real. I know what you are saying about the walks. I love it & it's also good for the mind. Fresh air, exercise, meditation. It's all good. You are on
Day 6? That's great! I am at 2 mg now. Was a bit rough for like 2 days. My legs really hurt. They do not "kick" like restless leg, just pain. So I am gonna stay here for another week then drop a mere 10% till I'm at 1/16th of a mg. Then "see ya later" sub... Have a great day!

Post subject: Ice cream
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This may just be my strange side affect, but the thought of ice cream makes me want to hurl. (i used to love it)