It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: STARTING TODAY
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

IM USING ABOUT 120 MIL OF PERCS PER DAY GOT SOME 8 MG OF SUBOXONE FROM A FREIND HAVE A TOTAL OF 30 PILLS SHOULD I START WITH 1/2 OR 1/4 PERDAY I WONT START GETTING SICK TILL AROUND 6 OR 7 TONIGHT SHOULD I WAIT TILL THEN TO TAKE THE SUBOXONE JUST TOOK MY LAST PERC AT 10 PM JULY 4 THANX FOR ANY INFO I GET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome to the site. You say you got your Suboxone from a friend? Why did you not get it from a doctor? The reason I ask this is because I want you to realize taking a drug like Suboxone and not being involved with the recovery process is very dangerous and defeats the purpose of why the drug was created in the first place. Don't think I am being cruel because I understand anyone wanting to end the nightmare of taking opiates, but without the proper care, education, and information- you are setting yourself up for trouble.

This is an example of a situation where if Suboxone doesn't deliver what you expect, you may decide to blame the drug.Please remember that if things do not turn out as you expect, the main reason would be that you are not doing this under a doctor's care.

However, I do encourage you to visit our online Support groups in our CHAT. You really need a source of education and support while you are using Suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:46 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I agree you are better off using the Suboxone under a doctor's care. However, if you are bound and possessed to try it on your own.... wait at least 24 hours from your last opiate intake before taking the Suboxone. You don't swallow the pills, rather you let it dissolve under your tongue. The drug needs to be absorbed through the soft tissues of your mouth..... if you just swallow it, most of it will get destroyed before reaching your blood stream. Given the limited quantity of pills you have and the fact that you seem determined to do this on your own, it appears that you will be doing a short-term detox using Suboxone, that is.... using Suboxone to buffer what would otherwise be a Cold Turkey detox. This site is primarily for those who have chosen Suboxone maintenance (long-term) therapy. Still, if you want to try a short-term detox using Suboxone, something like a sequence (of daily doses in milligrams) like the following wouldn't be unreasonable: 8,8,6,6,6,4,4,4,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,0 or I'd recommend doing a web search on "short-term suboxone detox" for sites more focused towards such a goal.

Detox is only the beginning of getting/staying clean. You will also need to address the thinking that led you into addiction, or you will end up right back using in short order.

Best of luck to you!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: THANK YOU FOR THE INFO
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TODAY I TOOK 4 MG AROUND NOON SINCE I TOOK OFF WORK ALL WEEK TO GET WELL AND I TOOK ANOTHER 4 MG AT 6.30 PM THIS IS A GREAT DRUG AND EVERYTHING IS FINE I MISSED THE MEATING ON LINE BUT WILL TRY TO MAKE THE ONE ON WED I PLAN TO TAKE 4MG TOMOROW AT 9.30 AM AND TRY TO MAKE IT TILL 6.30 PM AND THEN START TO TAPER DOWN I DO KNOW THAT JUST TAKING THE DRUG IS JUST 1/2 THE PROBLEM AND PLAN TO SEEK OTHER CONCELING AND READING AND TALKING WITH YOU PEOPLE ON LINE THANX FOR THE HELP AND ILL KEEP COMING BACK VIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If thirty pills is all your gonna have then know what your doing. I have found that going from 8 mgs to 4 mgs really doesnt present any withdrawal effects, as long as you do it in increments. Say you take 8mgs a day for 3 or 4 days then drop down to 6 for the same time than down to 4, you will probably not have any withdrawal symptoms, or if so would be slight. The reasoning for that is you will have more time to drop down from 4 to none. That is where the withdrawal symptoms are much more noticeable depending on how slow you drop. So go slowly at 4 mgs and below. And plan it out so you dont run out unexpectedly. Remember jumping, or getting off, of suboxone at 1 mg is still higher than ideal. You want to be lower. See what works best for you and good luck. Talk to a doctor about suboxone for long term maintainance. And if you would have problems paying for it their are ways around that, check out the suboxone website. You can also find doctors who can prescribe suboxone in your area from that website. Be strong, and always keep in mind why you have decided to quit.

Post subject: still feeling good
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you gorilla since reading your reply i have been reading about tappering im only taking .4mg every night but i have to go back to work on monday so i think im going to stay on that till next fri if possable then start with 2 mg i tried to go to the meeting here on wed but nobody showed up but will try again on monday and thank you for telling me to be strong i will and ill keep comin vic

Post subject: BACK TO WORK
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WENT BACK TO WORK TO DAY AND HAD A PRETTY GOOD DAY EVEN KNOW I DIDNT SLEEP WELL IS THAT A SIDE EFFECT ALSO WANTED TO SAY HAVENT BEEN DRINKING BEER SINCE I STARTED THE SUB IM A LITTLE SORE BUT NOT IN MAJOR PAIN I AM A DIESEL MECHANIC WITCH REQUIRES A LOT HEAVY LIFTING AND JUST WANTED TO SAY LIFE IS GREAT ON SUB GETTING A LITLE SCARED ABOUT TAPER DOWN ON FRI BUT WILL TRY TO MAKE IT TO THE MEETING ON WED ITS AMAZING HOW MUCH STUFF I CAN GET DONE WHEN IM NOT DOPED UP OR CHACEING PILLS DOWN THANX AGAIN TO THIS WEB SITE IT HAS HELPED ME A LOT VIC AND ILL KEEP COMMING BACK