It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So I've been on subs for about a year and a half, taking 1 strip a day (half morning/half afternoon). Opiate addict for 15 years or so, I got in a car wreck about a month ago, and I've read about people taking their subs for pain management. Well I started taking an extra half at night (for the pain), even though I know that what I took earlier is working, because I have no cravings (obviously at this far removed from my DOC), and I feel normal like I always have since I started taking my subs. I just went to the doc Monday, he said maybe take a quarter 4 times a day for a month, then see how my pain is, and then go back to my normal schedule. I know this is a mental obstacle, because I "feel" the subs working after 8mg total for the day, but my addict mind is saying to take more because I need the pain relief. Just asking if anyone fell into a similar situation of taking more than they know they need, or is effective, and what they did to get back to their routine on a daily basis, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm 

Hello Todd,

Ive known many people who have over taken there sub from time to time. At 8 months i did the samething. Mostly to find that "feeling"again, if you know what i mean.
Many have done this. All it did to me was put me behind. I shorted myself for several months. I was rx 12, and thought i needed 16mgs .i was wroug of course. This was 4 years ago before i kmew anything about the med or found this forum..

However, you are looking for pain relief. Imo this is a different ballgame. I like the fact that your dr is well aware of your issue. He is correct in thinking for pain dosing 4 times a day, in smaller doses can give pain relief. Your on the right track here.
The old "less is more factor" is at play. I dont see where theres a problem here. Just follow drs orders. As addicts we think we need more. It is a strong pull..

How did I get back to regular dosing?, I dont have a great answer, i just educated myself on how the Buprenorphine worked. And slowly over time i found that more wasn't needed. Plus, i was sick of runing short back then.

So, after reading here and being short,i jumped down from my 16mg to 8mgs and never looked back.at 6mgs now and holding the last 2 years..

Sorry your in pain Todd, hangin there, from the posts ive read from you your doing well..keep it up!!

Razor