It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

so ive been taking at least 250-350 mg of oxcodone a day not including fentanyl patches both 100mg and 75 mg at about 250 mg a day. i have currently been off for 48 hours and have yet to show any withdrawel symptoms. in the past i have felt them on a almost daily basis when i wake up so my current situation is perplexing.i truely dont understand why i havnt started withdrawing yet. anyway my question is should i take my subutex now (is been almost double the recomended time to wait48 hours) or should i just not take anything until i start to feel a withdrawel, and if no symptoms felt should i try to come off cold turkey or take the sub anyway. any insight would be appreciated,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello greedyloccs21 and welcome to the forum. May I ask, are you doing this with the help of a doctor? A doctor is the way to go as this is just the thing they would help you with.

Depending on how you were using the fentanyl patches, they can be very long lasting. That could account for why you aren't showing signs of withdrawals yet. Otherwise it's hard to say. Again, that would normally be something you'd turn to your doctor for.

As to your question of whether you should just try to cold turkey it or not, well, I would say that depends on your overall addiction history. Getting "clean" is the easiest part, it's staying "clean" that's the hard part. Once you get through the acute withdrawals, you could have PAWS to deal with, but more importantly the cravings will hit you and again, depending on your addiction history, relapses could start to happen. Have you been an addict for 6 months or for many years? How many relapses have you suffered through over the years? Those and other questions will help you (and your doctor) determine if suboxone treatment is right for you vs going cold turkey and no such treatment.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or not. Maybe you could offer some additional information and we could try to give you more specific answers. I hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.