It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I took a little bit more sub a little bit ago, and I'm feeling better. I actually threw up once after my last post, but I think I was trying too hard to take as little as possible and my dose wasn't strong enough. I did a quick google search on nausea and subs, and everything I read pretty much explained that I wasn't taking enough for it to work well enough. I feel great now, have since I took more. I hope that's what is going on. My doc said I could take a whole strip or break it up into smaller doses, or even take a tiny bit here and there until I reach my full dose. I may not end up needing 16 whole mgs, but I'm going to stop trying so hard to get by. I don't want to feel sick because of the sub, I want to feel better.

I've had no thoughts about taking any norcs today. Well, it does cross my mind, but not as in "I am craving a pill," more like I think about the fact that I'm not taking them and I feel good and that just makes me smile

I DANCED AROUND IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH MY LITTLE GIRL TODAY! Not because I'm high on pills or even because I have a buzz. I DANCED AROUND IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH MY LITTLE GIRL TODAY BECAUSE I FEEL NORMAL! Wow, that makes me feel so good. I feel like a normal person. I also folded laundry and I didn't have to take a pill before I did it! I painted my toe nails a little while ago, and I didn't have to take a pill to get in the mood to do it! I am going to have sex with my husband tonight, and I'm not going to have to take a pill to get in the mood. I know, maybe a little too much information, but seriously, it's sad how much my life depended on those damn pills. My mood and everything I ever did before today, depended on me taking a pill to feel like I could enjoy it. It's so weird to think that you have to retrain yourself to enjoy life without altering your mind, to enjoy the simple things in life or to do housework. It's so much easier to be in this state of mind about being sober because of the suboxone.

I pray that the suboxone keeps me in this mind frame. I know it's only a tool and the rest is up to me, but this really may be a miracle drug...lol Maybe not for everyone, but it may be for me and for a lot of other people who are in this shape.

I probably won't be back on tonight, I have to pick up my husband soon, but I'll be back tomorrow to let you all know how day 2 is going. Thanks again, and if there's anyone out there reading this who is scared to take that first step, DO IT! That was absolutely the hardest thing I've ever done, taking that first step and making and keeping that appt with the sub dr. I am so glad I went today! Good Night everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Invisible
You are on the road to recovery now. That, by itself, is enough to celebrate. You will get your dosing correct and then it's full steam ahead. The people and knowledge on this forum is excellent. I have learned so much in my 3 weeks. Again, congrats to you.

Post subject: Road to Recovery
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 pm 

It is so nice to read another success story like yours. I too remember my first day and how it felt to switch drugs. Back then I thought there was no way a drug could take away my cravings, they were just too big. But it sure did and that put me in a great mood like you. I love that dancing with the daughter line. It was a perfect picture in my mind of you two.

The way you talk about your husband is so awesome. Not many marriages can withstand all the problems related to addiction. He is a fine man and if I knew him I'd buy him a beer or something.

Your dose should stabilize in the next few days. Try to stick with once a day dosing as that is the way it was intended. If you can, just take one 8mg film and see how you do. Believe me, that is a very large amount and it's doubtful you'll need more, but I am not an expert so let your body tell you how much is right.

About the insurance thing. I faced the same dilemma but eventually found a doctor who took my insurance. Now that you feel better, why don't you get on the phone and call all the Suboxone doctors to see if any of them will take your insurance. I found one on my fourth call. And when I moved to a different state I did the same thing. This last time was harder as I called almost every single one of them and my doctor was at the bottom of the list. It is a longer drive but it saves me a ton of money. At the very least can't you just file a claim after you've seen the doctor? I can't see why not. The doctors claim it takes too much time with a Suboxone patient to accept insurance. The two doctors I've had are both compassionate physicians and care more about the patient than the money. I saw mine today and it took a whopping 5 minutes to get my refill and answer his questions that he is required to ask. Yes the first visit is long but that should be the only one to charge more for. Okay, I'll let my rant settle down now. This topic is all about you and your success. Yea!!

Welcome once more to our support forum and I hope you stick around and join the crowd.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

way to go shadow!..welcome to freedom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's GREAT to hear.. You talking about dancing with your daughter brought back memories of how I felt after my appointment.. I was about a week into a cold turkey detox because my dealer had his doors kicked in by the DEA.. Finally I broke down and made an appointment with the sub dr.. I went thru the appointment, RACED to the pharmacy, got the script (I was literally ripping the pkg open on my way out of the pharmacy), and just sat in my car in the parking lot letting myself feel better.. I got home and my mother in law was over for a visit- I was happy to see her..lol.. It was right then & there I knew I had a shot.. I honestly didn't know how I was going to make it up until that time... I had hope again..

I'm glad you decided to accept the fact that you don't have to take as little as possible.. I know people like to do that, and ya gotta do whatever works for you but you said you're gonna be on it for at least a year before you even consider a slow taper.. IMHO there's no point not taking the prescribed amount because you're going to be dependent anyway so get yourself stabilized and then worry about going lower.. My philosophy is follow the dr's orders until you have a firm understanding of how this medicine (any medicine really) effects you and then discuss any changes after that with your dr..

Congrats and good luck the rest of the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi everyone! It's been 10 days, and I'm feeling great! I haven't updated because honestly, I've just been enjoying life and enjoying my daughter and my family. I feel like I've finally gotten that back!

I am taking 8 mgs a day, I still don't feel like I need both strips. I'm not nauseaous or sick anymore because I'm taking a half in the morning and a half later, I'm not taking just a little piece of the strip. I honestly think that was making me sick, I wasn't allowing my body enough of the med. I had head aches and was nauseaous almost all day on the 3rd and 4th day, and on the 5th day, I decided to dose twice a day and take more. That worked! No more head aches, no more upset stomach!

I've had a very insignifigant amount of pain since I started, which is great because I can do more with my little girl. I've been taking her swimming and going thru the tunnels and running around with her, no pain. I couldn't do that before. My tolerance to the norcs was thru the roof and it only took care of the pain for maybe 20-30 min and I'd be right back to being in pain. Also, my anxiety was so high because I'd always be worried about how I was going to get more pills, so that probably added to the pain.

My mom, and my husband commented that my attitude and personality has changed. I'm not so short tempered with people, I don't get so anxious all the time. My dad has no idea that I was on norcs, nor does he know about the subs, but we went to the county fair last night and people, as you know are rude... they run into me and my daughter, they don't watch where they're going... before, I would have said something hateful to that person who knocked into me. Last night, I was more tolerant, I didn't get pissed off. My dad noticed and commented on it... lol That feels good that he doesn't know what's going on, but he can see a change in me for the better ;)

My insurance approved my prescription so it's only going to cost me $30 a month now for the subs, which is GREAT news! That first week worth I got was outragious and I hated thinking about spending that much every month or only being able to get a weeks worth of meds at a time because I couldn't afford to get a months worth. Now, I can get a 30 day supply for $30! I can't even imagine how much that's going to save us on buying pills, probably roughly $1000 a month!!!!! Woo Hoo!

I thank you for all your words of encouragement and helping me when I was at my low and scared! It would have been harder to do without this forum and the wonderful people who are here!

The suboxone isn't a miracle drug, but it is a wonderful, wonderful, absolutely wonderful tool and is saving my life. Every night before sleep, I thank God I have my life back and that I found the subs that are helping me do that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Invisible_sHadow wrote:
Hi everyone! It's been 10 days, and I'm feeling great! I haven't updated because honestly, I've just been enjoying life and enjoying my daughter and my family. I feel like I've finally gotten that back!

I am taking 8 mgs a day, I still don't feel like I need both strips. I'm not nauseaous or sick anymore because I'm taking a half in the morning and a half later, I'm not taking just a little piece of the strip. I honestly think that was making me sick, I wasn't allowing my body enough of the med. I had head aches and was nauseaous almost all day on the 3rd and 4th day, and on the 5th day, I decided to dose twice a day and take more. That worked! No more head aches, no more upset stomach!

I've had a very insignifigant amount of pain since I started, which is great because I can do more with my little girl. I've been taking her swimming and going thru the tunnels and running around with her, no pain. I couldn't do that before. My tolerance to the norcs was thru the roof and it only took care of the pain for maybe 20-30 min and I'd be right back to being in pain. Also, my anxiety was so high because I'd always be worried about how I was going to get more pills, so that probably added to the pain.

My mom, and my husband commented that my attitude and personality has changed. I'm not so short tempered with people, I don't get so anxious all the time. My dad has no idea that I was on norcs, nor does he know about the subs, but we went to the county fair last night and people, as you know are rude... they run into me and my daughter, they don't watch where they're going... before, I would have said something hateful to that person who knocked into me. Last night, I was more tolerant, I didn't get pissed off. My dad noticed and commented on it... lol That feels good that he doesn't know what's going on, but he can see a change in me for the better ;)

My insurance approved my prescription so it's only going to cost me $30 a month now for the subs, which is GREAT news! That first week worth I got was outragious and I hated thinking about spending that much every month or only being able to get a weeks worth of meds at a time because I couldn't afford to get a months worth. Now, I can get a 30 day supply for $30! I can't even imagine how much that's going to save us on buying pills, probably roughly $1000 a month!!!!! Woo Hoo!

I thank you for all your words of encouragement and helping me when I was at my low and scared! It would have been harder to do without this forum and the wonderful people who are here!

The suboxone isn't a miracle drug, but it is a wonderful, wonderful, absolutely wonderful tool and is saving my life. Every night before sleep, I thank God I have my life back and that I found the subs that are helping me do that!

good job! If you go to the website for Sub, you can download the copay card so that your Sub is copay free

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Invisible_sHadow wrote:

I also had people in my life comment on how my attitude had improved within just a couple of weeks of being on sub...even people who have no idea that I was even addicted to anything, or on Suboxone now. I am way more tolerant with people, even though I will never understand why people feel the need to be rude. I just don't react to it as much, or in the same way that I did before. It has also helped me with my anxiety and depression, which I have had for most of my life.

I'm glad to hear that you stuck with it, and that sub has helped you with these things in your life as well. It sounds like you are doing great on it now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes Taurus! Thank you for your comments, I am doing great on the suboxone and I plan to stick with it! I thank God everynight that I found this med that has litteraly given me my life back. I don't know where'd I'd be right now had it not been for the subs. It's only been 2 weeks, but things were getting worse very quickly!

Yesterday would have been my refill date, my alarm on my phone went off to remind me to pick it up. I laughed when I though about how happy I would have been to pick up those stupid pills, but I realized that in a week I'd be right back to where I was, buying more pills and going deeper and deeper in debt. I know that we are going to get caught up on things and I am not worried about our financial situation as much anymore. It's a great feeling.

I have a "friend" who is still using, she texted me yesterday that she's sick and wanted to know if I could help her find some pills. I still haven't told most people that I'm on the subs now because the way it is, those people that were toxic in my life would be ringing my phone off the hook and/or knocking on my door begging me to give them some of my subs. I have told everyone that I'm cutting down and plan to be off soon so that I don't have to worry about people asking me for help. I'm sorry, I'm under a contract with my dr. now and I do not want to risk anything and get fired from them as a patient! I just cannot do that. My husband spent a lot of money to get me the help I needed, and when those people get to the point where they're so bad or so sick, they can do what I did and get help or get off cold turkey. I cannot, and I will not risk losing my dr!

Thank you again for all of your support! I will keep checking back, I love this forum and everyone here!