It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Forgot to ask? Where should I post my daily progress?
What part of the forum would be best? I want to stay close to all you guy's.
Kinda like family now....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 am 
Hi Nomaxx! Sorry, I know I'm a little late in joining your 'party.' But I wanted to tell you a big ole "good for you!" for getting started on Suboxone. It sounded like you had had it with the pain pills and wanted to get your life back on track....and that is wonderful! I know when I started Sub almost 2 years ago, I was at an empass. I had done the cold-turkey thing, held on by my fingernails with it, went to meetings, did all I knew to do, but continued to suffer so much from PAWS that I could not maintain my recovery. I knew that it was time to try something different....and that was Suboxone. Your description of how you felt right after your induction was so similar to mine! I felt great....so hopeful again, and normal and clear-headed. It was fantastic. It's a feeling of freedom that's hard to describe, isn't it? Anyway, I'm glad things went so well for you at induction time.
I just want to give you a heads-up though, to not just revel in how great you feel right now for too long. Because although the Sub seems to be the answer and all we need to whip this addiction, for most of us, it is not all there is to it. Addiction is a complex disease. And it often requires treatment from several different angles. Most feel that once we are stable and feeling well on the Sub, that we will need to add some other support systems and some other therapies to assist us in growing in our recovery. That can vary from one person to the next. Some do great with 12-step type groups, others do well with one-on-one counselling with a psychiatrist or therapist, some do very well with faith-based support and growing in their relationship with their Higher Power (mine is God.) And still others find important connections for their recovery by other means. I would just encourage you to keep that in mind. Especially if you'd like to plan for a day when you can live life without the Sub to help you anymore. Learn all you can about opiate addiction, really educate yourself, and about Suboxone as well.
As for me, again, Sub has been a God send. After having been on it almost 2 years, I can now say I've had a few ups and downs with it. It wasn't quite the cure-all that I felt it was that first day or so. But it has definitely given me a chance to dig deeper into the causes of my addiction, work through my issues (a work in progress) and it has definitely given me a chance to do these things while being in a good place to do the work.
Well, I'll quit now. You've gottn great support and information here already. Just wanted you to know that there are several of us here to help you.
As far where you might want to continue posting.....It's up to you. If you want to discuss something that falls under a particular category, then I'd go start a thread over there. You can certainly keep this one going too. Some members will got over to the "introduction" or "my addiction story" at this point to tell more about themselves. Just whatever you'd like!
Glad to have you here!

Post subject: If we only knew
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Nomaxx.

My story is much the same as yours. I am so happy to hear how well you have done. I am on day 9 now and I can't believe how "normal" I feel. My first day was just like you were talking about. On the way home I chatted with my husband and he told me later that is was so nice to talk to me again. I knew what he meant but all the time I was taking pills I thought I wasn't any different. I feel so good now. I wish I could have learned about suboxone a lot sooner. I told my primary care doctor that I was sick of taking so many pills. He put me on on a taper program and for the first few weeks I done fine. Then I hit a wall. I kept telling him what a stuggle it was for me and he just used threats like "you better do it because eventually I'm not going to give you any refills". Even though I was having the trouble and being honest with him he started cutting my script. I ask him about suboxone and he didn't have any reply for me. That's when I started researching on my own. This forum was the catalyst for me seeking out a doctor that would prescribe suboxone.

I have to drive 2 hours to get there but it's worth it! I don't think I would have pushed so hard to get this medicine if it were not for this forum and the support I knew I could get here if I needed it.

I kept checking this thread to see how you were doing and was so happy when you gave an update. That is how quickly you start caring about people on here. The days ahead will be bright! I will keep checking to see how you are doing.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Nomaxx, I checked the threat as soon as i woke up this morning and tried to post from my blackberry but it wouldn't let me so i will try again now. What i had tried to post was something along the lines of: Whoooop! I'm so happy things went so well for you yesterday. I knew you would be OK. i hope that you had a peaceful nights sleep and hope that today is OK for you too. Let us know how you are doing. Remeber if you start to feel rough I would say it is more than likely normal for the first few days until the bupe gets built up and in your system properly. I found it was always a bit 'icky' for me until about day 4 or 5 and then, like I am feeling now, you shouldn't have any sysmptoms such as feeling a bit sick or having a few chills every so often. Did you go into work OK today? Keep in touch

Love C x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey nomaxx,

You can certainly continue posting your daily progress here, unless you want to start a new thread. You can browse through the topics and see if you can find one you like or just keep posting here.....it's up to you bud.

Hey sonsshine,

It's good to hear how well Suboxone worked for you too. It brings an end to active addiction for most of us and that is a beautiful thing.

Like setmefree said, Suboxone alone is usually not the answer though, especially if you ever want to discontinue Suboxone someday. I worked one on one with an addiction counselor the 3 years I was on Suboxone and I learned tons about addiction. Addiction is a sneaky disease and I'm a firm believer that the more you know about it, the better a chance you have of living with addiction istead of dying from it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello every one!
Day two almost over...  ;-)
so far so good I have absolutely no cravings for Lortabs!!!
The Doctor put me on one 8 in the morning and 4-8 at night if needed.
I have averaged the first two day at 16 total...two 8mil strips.
The strips are pretty cool just stick it under the tongue and wait 15-30 mins your done.
I love my new life sooooo much!
I'm not thinking about pills anymore!!
And the great part also is I can finally sleep all night! The only and I mean only side effect I have had is sweating more easily. But it's really not that bad concidering it's 104 outside right now.

Now that everyone knows how well I'm doing time to Vent....!!!!.....
I have found this forum so helpful in my decision to go with Subs. But last night I read some other postings that scared me and made me a little nervous. People talking about Sub's so negative!! I always look at life as the glass is half empty and I believe way to much of what I read.
In saying that I am going to try not to read many of the post in here. 
But I will keep everyone that gave me encouragement updated in my progress.

Bottom line is I feel great and I'm looking forward to LIFE again with my family!

From the bottom of my heart Thanks everyone!