It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you! You made it!! I think it's funny that you told people your vacation was 'good'. Your face must have looked a little unconvincing. :D

I hope tomorrow goes okay. Everyday you get through gets you a whole lot closer.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Timetostop,Good for you.
This has been encouraging reading this.

I'm freaking a bit but trying to think positive. I've only been on Suboxone for 2 months. Many years of abusing opiates and LOTS of them.
I'm on 8mg. 3 times day. I have lots of pain and Dr. told me I could take up to 4times a day. I said what if I run out? He said,to call the office. He also said he would have the script this month set for 4times a day. He said he couldn't change the script that day b/c it was already set in the computer. I found that odd.

Anyway,so Ive taken the 4 times a day a few times. The Dr. office called this morning and said she had to set my appt. back for 2 weeks b/c he has to go out the country. I told her I'd be out of meds and she said to try to stretch them.

This is the same Dr. that "REFUSED" to help me with the Ins. to get the Ins to pay for the meds.
I've had problems since the first visit but he takes my Ins for the office visits so I'm trying to stick it out.

So,I had to really think about this b/c I'll be out in 2 days.
My addict thinking went into addict mode. I got to thinking how I have a Dr. that I knew would give me meds and I wouldn't use my Ins and go to a different Pharmacy and on and on.

I do NOT want to go back to the opiates and I do NOT want to play those games anymore.
Even if I was to do that and without it going thru my Ins. there is a very good chance he could still find out. On my first visit he had a record of all the drugs I'd gotten the past 2 yrs. even those I paid cash for. So,I'd be taking a big chance of getting busted when I do go to my next visit.
Not too mention,the next 2 weeks I'd be so worried if he found out. Just all that damn bad addict behavior.

I'm hoping that maybe,just maybe,since I've not been on the Subs too long it won't be as bad with the W/D.

These past 2 months have been the best for me and I don't want to go thru this with W/D.

Thank you so much for allowing me to vent.

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well today was hard to get going, I was late to work and got an ear full. The energy level is what is killing me!! My stomach is still having issues but the imodium works great and eating is still hard. I have only taken 1 2mg valium today and that has controlled the anxiety. I am ready for the weekend!

Tomorrow at 8am it will be 9 days sub free!!!!

Any ideas on the energy? I drink a 5hr energy drink in the AM and that is all I take all day. I don't drink coffee or soda.

Cajunmeme,
Hang in there and try to manage what you can control at this point, if not call the other Dr and explain the situation you are in. If you know of another Dr your current Dr should understand since he is gone. Be honest with both Dr's and I think it will all work out. (This is just my thoughts and only you can make the right decision for yourself)--GOOD LUCK

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TGIF!!!! I'm so happy for you that you made it this far.

As far as the energy levels, man is that the magic question, or what? I'm dealing with lethargy and I'm tapering. Cannot imagine what that will be like after I jump. Mine comes on in waves and I HAVE to sit down. It's overwhelming, but sitting down for half an hour gives me enough boost to power through the next thing. Can you try to take a break during the day and go lay in your car or something?

Five Hour Energy is good. BTW, congrats on no caffeine. I'm still drinking it and it gives me sweats and I keep drinking it anyway, lol. I just went out and stocked up on tons of vitamins/supplements to combat the fatigue and am trying to take them. (GAG!) Here's what I got: (actually, I haven't gotten the last two, but I'm going to....)

Gummi Bear vitamins
L-Methionine
L-Tyrosine
L-Glutamine (not GABA, though)
Alpha lipoic acid (These 2 clean ur liver out)
Milk thistle
B-6
Acai berry caps
Fish oil caps
Vitamin E caps
Emergency-C
N-acetyl cysteine
adrenal health

Now, this is a lot of pills and it's gross. Combined with the stomach stuff, it's not something you want to do, but if it will help, it had to be worth it!!! The only ones I actually like taking are the gummi bear vitamins.

Also, if you can, try to go sit in the sun. After sitting in the sun, try to walk around your house. If you can do that, try to do it again if you can.

Good luck and happy weekend!! Hopefully, at the end of this weekend, you will see some real progress.

laddertipper

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TimetoStop- you are an inspiration. I too have jumped off from a pretty high dose of 1.5 mg, today is day 2. I know the worst is to come but reading posts like yours really shows me I can tough it out, thanks and hang in there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well last night I didn't take ambien and it was so so and I didn't feel as slow this morning. I still get these crazy cold flashes on and off and sweats. Talk about weird feeling when you are freezing and sweating. So other then being tired and the cold sweats it is slowly getting better. I have to work tomorrow for 1/2 a day and then going out to celebrate my 10th day off subs! Going to see hangover 2 and out to eat with the wife. Family going to watch the kids for the night for the 1st time in a very very long time :D.

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

that is awesome..i am struggling right now...im at the end of day 2 and i feel so depressed like im trying to talk myself into taking a peice, i just want to make it so bad and i need to remind myself that it will get better, 10 days is so awesome i wish i was there, be proud of yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well today is day 11. Still the same things are bothering me (Cold sweats, tired, and sleeping). Other then that I can keep going! It is funny because I got drunk last night and feel a little better this morning then yesterday morning :D.

So everyone was correct that it takes around 10 days for the acute stuff to stop. You still have some of the basic symptoms, but nothing like days 4,5, and 6. I know everyone is different but that has been my experience so far after abusing since 2004 and on subs for 1.5 years.

KEEP MOVING AND LAUGH AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so happy for you that you stuck with it!! Ten days isn't that long for the bad stuff, but I know ten days can feel waaaaayyyy longer when you are actually inside of it. So, big kudos to you for doing this. I'm really surprised you feel better after getting drunk. It seems like most people report getting nasty hangovers.

This makes me question the intelligence of tapering, because I've been tapering (from 2 mg) since February 9th and I'm still far from done. (.675 mg) :)

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think the reason I felt better (after downing some bourbon last night) is because I have not taken ambien for a while. Today has been the 1st day that the cold sweats and sweating have slowed down. Still very tired all the time and have a little nausea :x.

I know a lot of people ask what helps during this time frame and this is what I have taken and what my Dr has given me:
-20mg Lexapro (1st thing in the morning)
-5hr energy drinks in the am only
-Around 2pm I take a BC Powder or Goodies (Only one a day)
-Since I quit I started taking 2mg valium 2-3 times a day starting day 3, but now I take 1 per day (this will stop at 14 days)

Again, This is just me and I know everyone is different and I am no expert. I just want to share the experience and hope I can help others.

:?:for everyone, If my Dr. will give medications for a week to help with the withdrawals (valium) why won't they give something for energy like Adderall for a week? I know both are addicting but many people have told me that valium is way more addicting then adderall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i ment :?: for everyone

Post subject: way to go
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Timetostop- I cant answer your question about Adderal but I do think it might have negative effects on you as I have taken it while detoxing from oxies and it made me feel absolutely HORRIBLE.

The main thing I wanted to say is way to go! You have been one of the people I look for on this forum to see how you are doing especially since you started your jump off subs recently. im currently at the end of day 4 and its been tough but everyday at like 6 pm i get this wave of motivation and my depression subsides for a little. tomorrow will be day 5 and i know i can expect more breaks from this depression. I get great inspiration from seeing you stick with it!

Just wondering...what day are you on now? and thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Maryland410,

I took my last 2mg dose at 8am on 5/25/11, so today it will be 12 days at 8am. It has been a loooooooooooong 12 days but after 7-10 days it should start to turn for you. Try not to sit around and think about it, the one thing my Dr said was you can pick 1 day to lay in bed but that is it (I chose day 5). Other then that walk, run, ride a bike, go swimming, do yardwork, etc. Keep yourself busy and get Imodium because this is when my stomach had the most issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TimeToStop wrote:
Maryland410,

I took my last 2mg dose at 8am on 5/25/11, so today it will be 12 days at 8am. It has been a loooooooooooong 12 days but after 7-10 days it should start to turn for you. Try not to sit around and think about it, the one thing my Dr said was you can pick 1 day to lay in bed but that is it (I chose day 5). Other then that walk, run, ride a bike, go swimming, do yardwork, etc. Keep yourself busy and get Imodium because this is when my stomach had the most issues.

YAY, TimeToStop!! Twelve days!! I know they were such long days to you, but here I am thinking, "Wow, twelve days already?! That went so fast!" LOL! You're doing great and you've weathered the worst of the storm. Aren't you super proud of yourself?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well tomorrow is day 13. Sleep is still a problem. All the other symptoms have slowed down but are still around. I am just going to take it one day at a time and tell my self opiates are gone forever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well today it has been 2 weeks since my last sub. Still minor chills, sweating, and tired. Sleep is starting to get better as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Take care all, thanks for support and advice :D