It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: starting to crumble
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ya i am going to go real slow. i go back to the doc next week my last visit 10-9-09. what should i do i only have 6 2mg left. i am off work this week and next. went without sub for week it was not bad and i was 16mg a day my brother got hold of my sub and i was a week short and my doc would not give me a script a week early i thought wow your gonna make an addict go into withdrawal for a week not real smart lucky i wasn't to bad. they need to make smaller sub pills 1mg .50mg if people can not jump at 2mg my doc said i would be fine i have been on sub and zoloft for a year i was also in the u.s. marine corps. thank for the help folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doctor should have worked a taper plan out with you.If it were me, I would split the 2mg pills in half and take 1mg as needed.A single dose stays in the body for 37.50 hours before it starts losing strength, so if anything you should try to take a dose every day and a half.
Work on relapse prevention skills, get a support system intact, and stay physically active, exercise has been known to provide a great deal of natural relief while in transition to being Suboxone free.
Keep us posted on your progress!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hang in there! The right this is usually the hardest, right now it may seem hard, but after you get through it you can look back and have pride in yourself that you made it.

Jay Jay

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: starting to crumble
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I Started on 3 8 mg 3 xs daily for a year,then down to 2 8 mg daily i am currently taking one a day and its no problem. And all of this coming from someone who was on 200 mg of methadone a day. My addiction started when i was diagnosed with 2 ruptured disc and then had back surgery. So in short i was on some of the strongest narcotics available {hydromorphone/fetynal and morphine sulfate} Suboxone has been a life saver i dont get the urges i used to get from all the other pain meds, and actually it does help my pain just a wonderful medication. Now only if it could be made affordable to all the people that could benefit from it,i do not recommend methadone it was by far the worst medicine to get of.Lots of luck to you all and may god bless you all.